collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least favorite dolls?  (Read 6689 times)

operaghost

• Trade Count: (0)
Least favorite dolls?
« on: March 14, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »
Which dolls are your least favorites, not necessarily judging by the character, but by the doll itself? I'd have to say mine is Roller Maze Operetta. I don't really like red and green together, so the green streak in her hair is what I dislike about her. I love all the other Operettas, though. I really want DDG Operetta!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Least favorite dolls?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 06:28:07 PM »
Least favourite would probably be Cleo/Operetta/Jackson/Deuce/.. since they're not monster-y enough for me. I just enjoy the all-out characters more. ^^

That's not to say that I DON'T like them, tho. I have two Cleos, a Deuce and DDG Opie. :>

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:37:45 PM »
My absolute least favorite doll of all time is GR Clawdeen. Dislike EVERYTHING about that doll :poke: I'm also not liking 13W Lagoona because of her blue skin and crayon hair. Oh and Clawdeen from the two-pack with Howleen >_< I dislike her hair and her makeup. Her outfit is pretty cute though. Other than that, I like just about every doll out there ^.^
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of Cleo, not to say I don't like her at all and wouldn't buy her dolls.. she's just not a big favorite.. I *think* its because of the tinsel! And Nefera.. I love the different body mold but for some reason I just could not bond with that doll!!

And I think its safe to say I'm not a huge fan of Holt either.. his personality on the webisodes and movies ruined that one for me :(
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »
Spectra.  I NEED white eye whites.  Apparently, that's a deal breaker for me. :P

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
my least favorite?? Oh easy. The gargoyle boy. BECAUSE... now that I fell in love with him, he's no where to be found!!!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »
I love the gargoyle boy! He's so photogenic! Sorry that you cannot find him, Kala. We are supposedly getting the CAMs here in New Zealand later this year (finally!). If we end up getting the boys, I'll let you know.

As for my least favorites? They mostly happen to be the pink ones: Cupid, most Lalas, the CAM vampires, CAM cat, etc. They just aren't appealing to me for various reasons.

I used to dislike Spectra as well but I came round eventually, and now I have a sig Spectra that I bought before she completely disappeared from the store shelves here.

I also dislike Holt - or his hideous sig outfit at least - but I felt I had to have him anyway or else my sig Jackson would be "incomplete". Sigh ...

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 09:02:44 PM »
I agree about Holt. I loved his diary so much, such a cool character but his loud Southern Baptist preacher personality on the specials and webisodes is just annoying.  Jackson is cute though. 

Back on topic about least favorite dolls, again Holt/Jackson and Clawd.  I really dislike Holt/Jackson's square-jawed face mold, it just looks too heavy and too old for him and the MH boy body. Same goes with Clawd, really dislike his dolls which is a real shame because he's my fav manster as a character.

Most of the Ghoul's Rule line.  Just too over the top and too drag queen for me.  Although I do own GR Clawdeen, she was a gift from my fiance so I'm kinda stuck with her..  :biggrin:   Redressing her and boil rinsing her hair helped her immensely though.   I do think Frankie is the best from that line.

Even though the above dolls aren't to my taste I can't say I 'hate' any of them..they're just cute dollies!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »
My "least favorite" (if you could even call is dislike) is cupid... but that hasnt stopped me from buying 4 of her... 2 of each of her 2 releases... I dont really have a least favorite... One thing I dislike is that you cant always find the dolls you are looking for right away... If mattel would release at the same time everywhere, it would make it a lot easier on some people,,, but then there are people take advantage of it by selling them on ebay and make a ridiculous amount of money...

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »
If mattel would release at the same time everywhere ...
They do, it's just that not every store buys the new products at the same time.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 09:11:03 PM »
If mattel would release at the same time everywhere ...
They do, it's just that not every store buys the new products at the same time.

Ah... my bad...  :blush:

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 09:18:18 PM »
No worries. I used to think that the distribution issues were Mattel's fault too until I realized that that's not how it works. Mattel doesn't send out new products unsolicited and/or haphazardly. The way it works is Mattel lets retailers know when a certain new product will be available, then the retailers decide if/when to place orders, and then Mattel sends out the product to fulfil those orders.

That being said, Mattel is responsible for making sure it has enough supply to meet the demand, so if stores in your area aren't getting a certain new product, it might not be because they haven't ordered it yet, but because Mattel doesn't have the stock left to fulfil their order right away.

While it would be nice for everything to be readily available everywhere from day one, it's just too complicated an issue for that to be a practical wish. At least not until 3D printers become more commonplace. Wouldn't it be cool if you could go into a store, pick something out of their catalog, and then watch as it's made right in front of you?

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 09:19:55 PM »
My least favorite is Ghoulia. I'm not a fan of her at all. For a specific doll, it would have to be GR Clawdeen. Bleah! I'm also not a fan of Frankie and Draculaura.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 10:50:09 PM »
Spectra.  I NEED white eye whites.  Apparently, that's a deal breaker for me. :P

This. Her eyes bug the heck out of me. I dislike her Poulterghoul doll the most, because that pink smear just highlights those ugly (to me) eyes.

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 11:02:02 PM »
My least favorite is definitely SDCC Scarah. Has there ever been a more boring doll? (My negative feelings towards her are exacerbated by the fact that she's so expensive, and that we got her instead of the totally amazing and fantastic Daughter of Arachne.) Her ILF doll actually looks kind of interesting, though. Go-go boots!

Probably followed by GR Clawdeen. I don't know what they were going for with this doll, but she's uh...not good. She certainly isn't boring, though, so there's that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal