collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least favorite dolls?  (Read 6741 times)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
Re: Least favorite dolls?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 11:04:26 PM »
Spectra.  I NEED white eye whites.  Apparently, that's a deal breaker for me. :P

This. Her eyes bug the heck out of me. I dislike her Poulterghoul doll the most, because that pink smear just highlights those ugly (to me) eyes.

I agree with you on Polterghoul! She looks like Kiss threw up pink on her. XD
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 11:15:24 PM »
Wow!  Poulterghoul is my fav Spectra ever!  I prefer to think of that pink streak as being inspired by 80s New Wave band Missing Person's Dale Bozzio and Blade Runner's Pris.. ;)   Not Kiss.  No.  Just no.

It's interesting all our different tastes!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 12:38:57 AM »
My least favorite dolls would have to be most of the Roller Maze dolls. I think their outfits are SUPER ugly and most of them look pretty wretched with the green in the hair, especially Operatta. It's like someone puked up a crayon box. Eww.

That being said, I own RM Abbey and Clawdeen. I think Abbey actually looks darling with the short multicolored hair and I grabbed RM Clawdeen cuz she's hard to find or so I hear. But her outfit is yuck.

I also think Ghouls Rule Clawdeen is hideous. Downright scary.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 01:04:41 AM »
I agree with you re: Roller Maze. What were the thinking?! The only one of that bunch I like is Frankie. I think the green works for her because she's already for green skin.

I wanted RM Clawdeen until I saw that she had lavender lipstick. I don't know what it is about that, but it just really turns me off. It looks too pale and flat against her dark skin. Her hair is a darker purple too, so the lavender just seems wrong somehow. I actually like her dress though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:09:53 PM by pukunui »

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 08:58:48 AM »
My least favorite dolls are Operetta, Robecca, Cupid, Skelita - I don't own any of these dolls.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 09:04:14 AM »
My least favorite dolls would have to be most of the Roller Maze dolls. I think their outfits are SUPER ugly and most of them look pretty wretched with the green in the hair, especially Operatta. It's like someone puked up a crayon box. Eww.

That being said, I own RM Abbey and Clawdeen. I think Abbey actually looks darling with the short multicolored hair and I grabbed RM Clawdeen cuz she's hard to find or so I hear. But her outfit is yuck.

What about this Opie??

I think it is interesting that a majority of people seem to dislike Opie... I didnt like her at first but shes grown on me...  :blush:

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »

What about this Opie??

I think it is interesting that a majority of people seem to dislike Opie... I didnt like her at first but shes grown on me...  :blush:

I don't like Operetta but the white and purple dress in her new fashion pack has me thinking of how great it would look on her.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 10:04:02 AM »
Abbeys. I love her character, and I like her design. I just hate all the glitter. Sooo much glitter. After that, I don't care for the pinkness that is Draculaura too much, though I adore SS and the new swimline,
And Ghoulia. I just don't like how tiiny her eyes are on her dolls, when in the webisodes they're so big and expressive. I have slowly been growing on her though- amazingly my favorite is DDG, because of her huge, puff of hair. It makes me happy, and saved her from being baited for a custom.

I personally love the RM line though. I love the punk tone to them, and have always loved chartreuse, so the green streaks are right down my alley. Soon as I find a Clawdeen with pretty eyes, I will have all of them.

Also, completely off topic but pukunui! Trogdor is aaawesome!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:12:57 AM by DoomBunnies »
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 10:50:28 AM »
Abbey and Spectra. I hate their face shape.

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 11:09:02 AM »
I don't think there's any that I've hated or anything, and I've probably appreciated something about every doll, though sets that have really underwhelmed me would be Ghouls Rule, Sweet 1600, Roller Maze, Ghouls Alive, Dot Dead Gorgeous, and the upcoming Music Festival dolls. That being said, I don't dislike every doll in these sets. There may be one I like on it's own. I may find something like the shoes, the hair, or the makeup colors used on the face appealing, but overall the way these were executed just aren't my cup of tea.

Also, while I love seeing the creativity that others put into their Create-A-Monsters, this part of the line has just never really interested me personally (which I'm thankful for, lol, knowing me I'd probably have every one by now). I have one complete, the Insect, and while she's cute to play around with, but I just don't see myself getting any more. I don't like the wigs, and I've found that after being into Pullips, I'm disinterested in buying dolls to further customize into something I'm happy with.

As far as characters go, there hasn't been a unique character released so far that I've really found myself disliking. Some certainly call to me more than others, but I like getting one of each and I appreciate them all as a collective group.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:11:19 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2013, 02:12:30 AM »
-Polterghoul (I originally wanted to get all the Spectras, but this one just had all that ugly neon pink in her face and boring boots that covered up her gimmicky feet)
-All Ghouls Rule dolls except for Frankie (the outfits and make-up are hideous)
-All Roller Maze dolls except for Frankie and Oppie (again, hideous outfits)
-Holt Hyde, Jackson Jekyll and the CAM vampire boy (I dislike their squarish Brad Pitt faces)
-Werecat, Vampire, Dragon CAM (the super pink skin of Cat and Dragon just looks like flesh to me and Vampie is plain boring-looking)
-Super Sweet 1600 Lala (not as bad as GR Lala, but her get-up still kind of makes my eyes hurt)
-Lala 2.0 (I love her outfit, but her face mold is extremely puffy and just looks off to me)

@ All people disliking Spectra's eyes or old face mold: That's what actually made me love her so much.
She looked awesomely dead. Grey eyes, sunken in face - morbidly beautiful. I like her new face as well, but I'm glad I have Sig and DDG Spectra as I just adore that original ghostly visage *fg*

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2013, 02:27:04 AM »
i guess i am odd one out LOL i LOVE GR ,   RM , polter-ghoul LOL   some of my favs.. and would love to see even more cazy combos like these..
 out of roller maze i do have to agree that operetta and clawdeen don't really do much for me.. but dat RM goona and Abbey !! Ohh i love those..
 I love all the GR dolls, i wish i could have bought them all.. i still need DL and cleo. Clawdeen and frankie are actually my favs there. 

i like aLL THE characters some releases more than others i have to say.. but   i think my least fav character as a doll is probably  GB jackson as he is so normal, all though his sig release was pretty cute..he is just not monster enough!! but i like his character in the cartoon.

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 03:51:17 AM »
i think my least fav character as a doll is probably  GB jackson as he is so normal, all though his sig release was pretty cute..he is just not monster enough!!
That's because his monstrousness is transforming from a normie into Holt Hyde. They really should have had Jackson and Holt together as a two-pack. Would've made a lot of sense, since they're the two parts of the same person. I don't really like Holt that much myself, but I felt I had to have him or else my sig Jackson would be incomplete.

EDIT: I want to add two to my least favorites: Skelita and the skeleton CAM. I *want* to like them, because skeletons are pretty cool and they've got pretty unique designs, but I just cannot get over the fact that they've got noses. Skeletons should *not* have noses. I can understand not wanting to put an actual hole in the doll's face, but come on ... surely they could've put a little dent there or at least left the spot flat and put the paint spot over it! Was it *really* too hard to do that?

Part of me wants to get one just so I can cut that nose off to spite her face. (Sorry, couldn't resist. I'd actually like to get one to cut the nose off so I could have a proper-looking skeleton doll.)

Also, the first time I saw Skelita, I instantly thought of freakish old age Michael Jackson and I've never been able to unsee it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:59:00 AM by pukunui »

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »
Generally speaking, my least favorite are the more human looking (and colored) dolls: Lala, Operetta, Cleo, Dragon CAM, Vampire CAMs, Cat CAM.

That being said, I simply adore DotD Cleo and DDG Operetta. But overall, the more human looking dolls are not my cup of tea.

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »
I can't stand sig Cupid. I regret getting the version without glue...her hair is a train wreck! I feel like she's an eyesore. She'll have to be customized or sold soon.  :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal