collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least favorite dolls?  (Read 6690 times)

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Least favorite dolls?
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2013, 04:48:15 PM »
Cleo. Haven't yet seen a Cleo doll I want. I like some of her outfits/shoes, but not enough to buy the doll.

nyanpotato

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2013, 06:07:11 PM »
Rollermaze Abbey and Operetta....
Honestly I hate the way short hair looks on Abbey,Especially with that green in her hair,Yuck,Her green eyeliner doesn't look great either,I love green and I love Abbey but those two together do not work.

I really don't like the green streaks on Operetta either,Or her red and green makeup,She would be good for a Christmas themed OC,I might get her since I am working on a Christmas OC though. And my local Kohls has a whole shelf full of RM Oppies.

Post Merge: May 09, 2013, 06:10:57 PM

Nooo.. you guys! PD Lala is so cute.. ;^;
I love her Racoon Eyes and Minnie Mouse x Lolita Dress! xD
I agree lol,I think PD Lala is adorable ^-^ <3
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 06:10:57 PM by nyanpotato »

angelfish

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
I actually thought of a couple of MH dolls that I really dislike.  I won't say hate, they're just dolls but the Werecat twins creep me out in a way that Toralie and the CAM werecat do not.  I can't put my finger on why.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2013, 10:11:47 AM »
Actually...I don't like Cleo that much.  Something about her appearance bugs me.  I do like the DT and Scaris version of her though!  But that is honestly it...

Offline Angelkitty21

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2013, 12:54:17 PM »
I actually thought of a couple of MH dolls that I really dislike.  I won't say hate, they're just dolls but the Werecat twins creep me out in a way that Toralie and the CAM werecat do not.  I can't put my finger on why.

Red Rum, maybe?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

^from here http://www.etsy.com/listing/88696649/siamese-twins-the-shining-cat-print

angelfish

« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2013, 02:38:13 PM »
No but that picture is quite creepy... :biggrin:

It's not the twin thing so much as it is that they don't seem to have a mind...and they fact that there is just something blank and unfriendly about the expressions on the dolls themselves.  Like I said, the other werecats, Toralie, Caterine, the CAM and Catty do not give me the same uneasy feeling.  That being said, taking off that white paint helps them tremendously.

liberalSpaceship

« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2013, 06:50:12 AM »
Gonna have to hide this thread from my Ghoulia army...

My least favorite doll is also GR Clawdeen because I LOVE her hair/makeup and hate, hate, hate that outfit and also her missing eyebrow... I keep scouring the 'bay for a reasonably priced nude but I'm not gonna pay as much for her minus clothes as I could to buy the whole doll and burn the outfit with fire (well not really!).

I actually really love Clawdeen but have a lot if trouble convincing myself to buy her--I've even talked myself out of the sister pack several times despite being head over heels for Howleen because Clawdeen seems "off". It's something about wanting a balance between her relatively plain but fierce sig look and how crazy her doll releases can be. So I only own Sweet 1600 and she was a gift.

I have never purchased a Lala on her own (unless you count the loose nude for repainting) because none of the releases since I started collecting seems to "capture" her and I was indifferent to her until watching the show. She's supposed to be adorable and a little naive and sweet and... not glam. For some reason the same thing doesn't bother me with Ghoulia releases.

Abbey is the doll I want to love usually--SS Abbey was one of my first girls (fourth maybe?) and I like her concept, but all her dolls seem so similar or unremarkable and that's sad. The Abbey in the two pack with Heath looks amazing, if not very "Abbey"? but I'm still excited.

But above all things, I hate Cleo. Her character is the archetypical and at this point boring diva, she's horribly catty and yet is never written in a way that suggests she is not as much a role model as the other girls (and I loathe the perpetuation that girls MUST be jealous and possesive, and mean to girls who so much as smile at "their" men). I hate her usually uninspired fashions, since she's obviouly supposed to be one of the tamer dolls, closer to a standard fashion doll. I hate her pinched, angry face, I hate that she is uncommon but then shelfwarms once she's stocked here. I hate that they could have done more awesome things with her (see Mummy CaM) and didn't, and I absolutely hate that despite all my objections she's still growing on me! Lord give me one character I can just ignore, please!

I mean besides most of the boys. I want Heath and Clawd but even if I found a case of Holt or Gil for a dollar I would just resell them all. I was indifferent until I heard them both speak--my precious Frankie and Lagoona deserve more than awkward arm warmers!!  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:52:58 AM by liberalSpaceship »

Offline kurojaki

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2013, 07:14:57 AM »
PD Abbey, i don't like her outfit,but,I had to buy her,because my PD collection wouldn't be perfect without her. ^.^

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »

i dont like the cats eather!!!

and skeleta is just ugly
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:21:59 AM by lemonice »

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2013, 11:33:56 AM »
Jackson Jekyll and Holt Hyde... >_<
I loved the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and the dolls just don't resemble the story enough for me I guess...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal