collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least favorite dolls?  (Read 6794 times)

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Least favorite dolls?
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2013, 10:40:22 AM »
My least favorite MH doll is Draculaura.  Her fashion isn't daring enough for me.  I guess it's supposed to be gothic lolita inspired but most of the time it's WAY too tame and undetailed to resemble that.  I'm also not a huge fan of her face sculpt or her color scheme.  Pink and black over and over is just too boring.

As for disliking specific versions of dolls, I really don't like the newest swimline dolls at all or any of the dance class dolls.  They're all pretty homely imo. Also really didn't like any of the Sweet 1600 line save Clawd and Cupid.  I thought that line was boring, too.

As for facemolds I can't stand, the pink cat CAM probably wins that one forever.  I hate her swollen upper-lip area...thing.

Poney M

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2013, 07:51:02 PM »
I have zero Cleos and Spectras, and there's a reason why  :P I have yet to see a good-looking Spectra, which is kinda tragic, because I like her character in the series. But I think they just messed up her clothes and colors with the dolls, and the basic design of her face is just off somehow. Cleo's character however is very off-putting in the series, but there's much more potential in the actual doll. Sadly I don't like how Cleo's eyes are: way too far apart, and lifeless somehow. She's supposed to look exotic, but she looks...I don't know, alien somehow. The only nice Cleo so far was Skull Shores, but that was just because I liked the hair.

I could also say I don't like Robecca's design or color, I think they make a horrible match, but I love the idea (because steampunk is awesome). I've been meaning to buy her for about six months, but I haven't, because every time I lift the box off a shelf and look at her I just see the ugly bright blue and brown color scheme and nothing else (DC is even uglier). I also think she doesn't look robot enough, she's way too pretty, and it disturbs me a little bit. I've love to own her, but she might be the only doll I'd actually gladly rip off the box and hand over to a custom artist :D The upcoming DT at least looks good, but still not machiny enough. It's interesting they actually did it right with Skelita, who isn't a prettified version of a skeleton, but an actual skeleton, and therefore hardcore.

Jayoen

« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
I'm not a big fan of any of Draculaura's dolls. :/ As well as a fair number of Cleo's dolls.
I kind of like her sig doll, but other than that, I always find her hair horrendous, and TOO MUCH PINK.

I'm also not a fan of Jackson's/Holt's square jaw mold... but I like everything else about them! I think if they were to remake them with a bit of a softer face, I would like them a lot better!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »
I think I may be the only one, but I really dislike PD Draculaura:(  There are very few dolls I dislike, in fact I can only think of one other doll (DotD Lagoona) I can't bond with, but PD Lala......I didn't even want to BUY her! 

I think it's the raccoon eyes.  And the Minnie Mouse hair bow/head band doesn't help :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2013, 08:07:04 PM »
I don't have/won't have any Operettas. I just can NOT get into her character. I don't like her Southern accent the same way most people from Australia don't like Lagoona's accent.

I don't really like Howleen, but I had to get her signature doll because... well... it was so rare when I found her on the shelf.

I don't like most Abbey dolls, either. There just isn't enough variety in the dolls of Abbey.

Feyona

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »
I don't like at all Lagoonas. I don't find interesting even her ooaks. I don't have any Spectra - no click with this doll, however I like her ooaks. Also I am not Cleo's lover, the only two that were worth my attention are Dead and Tired Cleo and Scaris Cleo. Who else? Ahh, I don't like green Frankies, any of them and I don't like at all Abbey. I wanted Operetta so badly, but when I found her on the shelf I was surprised that she has almost purple skintone which isn't appealing to me.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:10:36 PM by Feyona »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »
-Skelita. Thanks to pukunui, every time I see her, I can only think of Michael Jackson. :P

... Now I can't get that out of my head, either. Wh... why did you do this to me...?  :cry: Bawwww!

No, the CAM Vampire or Harpy are Michael all the way to me >.<

bluegeist

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2013, 08:50:29 PM »
Hmmm I can't really say i hate any dolls for design/character reasons. However, I am extremely vexed by Skelita. The first one I bought, her leg snapped off, I got a replacement. This new one though, she stands in the most awkwardly way! I believe it's due to the malleable plastic, stiff knee joints, and stiff neck joint (she only looks up) that makes her look like she's swaying back to look at the ceiling all the time, it annoys me to no end!!! And since the first Skelita broke, I'm so afraid of breaking the new one I lose the enjoyment of posing her. So I don't really hate her, I just hate the way her design was executed.

Jayoen

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2013, 12:33:52 AM »
Hmmm I can't really say i hate any dolls for design/character reasons. However, I am extremely vexed by Skelita. The first one I bought, her leg snapped off, I got a replacement. This new one though, she stands in the most awkwardly way! I believe it's due to the malleable plastic, stiff knee joints, and stiff neck joint (she only looks up) that makes her look like she's swaying back to look at the ceiling all the time, it annoys me to no end!!! And since the first Skelita broke, I'm so afraid of breaking the new one I lose the enjoyment of posing her. So I don't really hate her, I just hate the way her design was executed.

Unlike the other ghouls, Skelita's legs can easily come off at the knee, I've done it loads of times with no difficulty, after finding that mine also had stiff knee joints, then you can more easily move her legs and loosen her up a little bit.

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2013, 02:32:44 AM »
Honestly the CAM cat girl looks like a shaved mammal which freaks me out. Otherwise the dolls with 'human' skintones don't really interest me at all, since the MH proportions don't really work for a human type doll.

bluegeist

« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2013, 11:39:29 AM »

Unlike the other ghouls, Skelita's legs can easily come off at the knee, I've done it loads of times with no difficulty, after finding that mine also had stiff knee joints, then you can more easily move her legs and loosen her up a little bit.

I wish I knew to do that sooner, oy! I heard that her knees were stiff, but I had no idea they could be that bad to snap immediately. I learned my lesson, though! I'm super careful with all limbs for the new additions, I bend them all carefully to loosen them up. Despite this I still fear them snapping. I must say I've been known to be overly worrisome :blush:

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:47 AM »
I don't really like Deuce or Holt.  I don't understand the blue skin/fire hair thing.  Jackson are Clawd are pretty cute, but out of my budget. 

As for the girls, I don't like Cupid's lips and that ruins the whole doll for me.  I also don't like Skelita (freaks me out) or any of the dolls with tinsel in their hair.  I have nothing against tinsel: it just tends to get out of control.  Also, some of the Cleos are kind of boring (not monstery-enough).  I wish they'd come out with a super, over-the-top Egyptian Cleo, with tons of gold jewelry and a headdress and everything. 

I love Operetta, but the one thing that bothers me about most of her releases is the whole gambling theme (dice, playing cards).  It just doesn't really make sense; what does gambling have to do with the Phantom of the Opera?

Not crazy about the Ghouls Alive dolls, either.  They seem kind of gimmicky and overpriced to me.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2013, 12:22:56 PM »
I love Operetta, but the one thing that bothers me about most of her releases is the whole gambling theme (dice, playing cards).  It just doesn't really make sense; what does gambling have to do with the Phantom of the Opera?

From her southern voice to the references to the Old Oprey, they're very much painting her as strong ties to the south/New Orleans/1950s/Rockabilly, which ties her to both riverboat gambling, and a big rebel thing to do was cards and dice games. It's just more of the rockabilly aspect, as I interpret it. Same with the spiders- OG was never linked to them. Big scary iron trees, candles, and pianos yes, but no spiders.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »

From her southern voice to the references to the Old Oprey, they're very much painting her as strong ties to the south/New Orleans/1950s/Rockabilly, which ties her to both riverboat gambling, and a big rebel thing to do was cards and dice games. It's just more of the rockabilly aspect, as I interpret it. Same with the spiders- OG was never linked to them. Big scary iron trees, candles, and pianos yes, but no spiders.

Well, I guess all except Lagoona can be associated with spider webs, since that's kind of a generic monster decorative thing.  I think Operetta would look REALLY awesome in a black or red gown with a scorpion/grasshopper print, but I guess that would go way over little kids' heads :)

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »

Well, I guess all except Lagoona can be associated with spider webs, since that's kind of a generic monster decorative thing.  I think Operetta would look REALLY awesome in a black or red gown with a scorpion/grasshopper print, but I guess that would go way over little kids' heads :)
It's not just spider webs though, she has actual spiders a lot in her designs- just look at her DDG shoes, and her pet even.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal