collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression
« on: February 08, 2013, 07:58:40 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I was reading through the entire transcription of the TFW2005's coverage of the Hasbro Investor Event and a few things jumped out at me about MLP:

1)"Coming Fall: All New Brand Expression" " Things change. True friendships remain magical."

2)"Capitalizing On  A Broader Consumer Target" Images Feature not only little girls but high school and up

3)The MLP Slide with all the glamor/fashion my little pony images in circles

Full article below.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/tfw2005-coverage-of-hasbro-new-york-toy-fair-2013-investor-event-176829/

What do you think it means for My Little Pony?

Personally, I think they are going to take the MLP brand in two marketing directions. 1) For Little Girls 2) for older girls (like monster high crowd and older). I feel like they are going to come out with more merchandise geared towards nostalgia and fashionable pony endeavors. I mean, the latest campaigns have been primarily with the 3-5 year old in mind such as the wedding and the princess coronation.  I don't think we will see much at this year's Toyfair because they are going through some big changes and additions. But that is just my speculation.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:33:42 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
Re: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 08:14:55 PM »
I'm certainly interested to see what comes of it, that's for sure.
:fox:

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 08:20:26 PM »
I have no idea but with the line's focus currently being on young girls and more recently including Bronies, I'm very interested to see what they have in mind for teen and older girls. I read that and was like, hey I'm an older girl MLP fan! :hiya: They're gonna focus something on ME?!
While excited, I'm also a little nervous about what it will mean though because I like FiM and G4 for what it is and change is always a little worrying. I just hope it will keep it's charm. I will just wait for fall. ^.^

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »
It would be nice if they would come out with more collector themed items, and more fashionable items or pony accessories. I could always use more cute jewelery and PONY SHOES that can fit me...yes...I hope they make adult sized pony shoes.....preferably styled like high top converse....

....I'm weird, ignore me.

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
I highly doubt they are going to reboot G4, they have a profitable set of characters going,  I think they are just going to be changing some of the products and the way they sell them. :D

Melipuffles-I would so buy mlp high tops!
~Foxtale~

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »
WOAA!!

What if it means, Mane 6 for little girls.
And Non-Mane 6 for ME!  ... Uh I mean, for older people.

Two lines! Brilliant right?

berylliumpone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 08:32:53 PM »
I'm excited and quite curious. I really wonder what it all means...And I wonder about the teenage girl part. I'm guessing if they are TRULY going for the teen market (and not saying "teen" to mean dressed-up "preteen"), I'm going to guess they'll be selling clothes or accessories of some sort? I personally wouldn't be that interested, but it could be neat.
People have been speculating a spin-off, but I'm not sure if that's correct. Hasbro JUST launched LPS, and I don't think they would make another MLP unless it was for far into the future.

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
Topic title changed to Expression .... sorry I am really tired. ^.^
~Foxtale~

Offline sunnydaze

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »
Interesting 're-brand' idea....

To see my customs and art click my deviantart gallery

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 08:43:58 PM »
I highly doubt they are going to reboot G4, they have a profitable set of characters going,  I think they are just going to be changing some of the products and the way they sell them. :D

You never know, folks complained so much about too many ponies in G3 and it went to bore 7 which is similar to mane 6 but with out the few extra ponies. 

Time will tell, but I have a feeling they are seeing the money that Mattel is raking in with MH and want some of the market.

I would love to see them retool the ponies though, I just can not get past the actual toys big head, flat eyes and lack of nostrils.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »
I would love to see them retool the ponies though, I just can not get past the actual toys big head, flat eyes and lack of nostrils.

:haha: this made me laugh so bad!

I think that rebranding is a very good idea. If they want the line to stay on shelves and rake in more money it would be wise to have a few other lines that benefit a little bit here and there.
It could work, but we'll see what their jargon really means soon enough

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 08:54:20 PM »
Thanks for sharing this!  I'm kind of excited to see what their plans are for the "older" girl line.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I thought that this picture was pretty interesting. The two major things that stand out to me are the jewel-encrusted iPhone cover pony, like the ones we've seen on Taobao :yucky: and the new headphone set they've got there, which is something I'd buy!
:fox:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 09:02:43 PM »
This could prove to be an interesting pony year! I am anxious to see what happens. I hope we get SOMETHING good at the toy fair.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline melipuffles

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »

(I'd buy any kind of high top converse that had a cool theme to them and weren't just the generic colors. I collect converse because they're my favorite type of shoes, they're very comfy, easy to run in, and just look nice imo....I've seen a few on the converse website, but none of them really stuck out to me....

But, yeah and I was thinking of G4 high tops, but now I just thought it would be cool if they had a set of four different styled high tops, designed for each gen. Omg, I'd have them all. Also Hasbro, ok, Transformers ones too, and maybe LPS and Strawberry Shortcake, and more of their well-known brands. I'd have a whole closet full of awesome 80's themed shoes. Make them pastel colored as well.)

I think that this new expansion could be interesting depending on what they do with it. I'm really hoping it won't be something super girly. I hope it's something nice and gender neutral and awesome.
I'd like more boy ponies and baby ponies too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal