collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 09:09:43 PM »
I'm slightly interested in this. One thing I've always liked about MLP is it's childish. I wouldn't like if they tried to make it adult, only thing I'd like is if they started LISTENING to the adult collectors.
I'm kind of 50/50 on G4 anyway. I love the new line of ponies, but I loathe that it's become a pop-culture thing of 2012/13 because now there's tons of the teenagers who want to be into whatever is cool and hip and trot around talking about ponies, thinking it's a brand new thing and have no clue about the "legacy" of it, if you want to call it that.
I'm not hating on G4 collectors, I'm really not. I collect G4. I'm hating on annoying teenagers. xDD

So like everything in the picture Moonsugar posted, I do not like. It's taking ponies further into the pop culture marketing icon where they have tons of random merch like makeup, clothes, accessories. I mean they've done it before but it didn't look so... Adult. Or annoyingly "hip".

Ponies are now a thing where if you say "I collect ponies", you have to clarify you do the old generations too or people will jump on you with "WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE MAIN 6?" I do all the time.
"I collect ponies-" "Really? Oh I just watch that new show! I like Pinkie Pie best, you?" -_____- I don't do it because it's "cool", people.

Sorry to rain on the parade but that's my thought on this.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:24:50 PM by Kingsly »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 09:21:11 PM »
Well, there is supposed to be a 'new IP' within MLP:FiM, and an mlp tv movie that has not been stated to be connected to FiM....

....G5 as a G1/Ponyland story Reboot? one that FiM could run side-by-side with, and not affect each other? Unlikely, I know. But a fan can dream....
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:26:24 PM by Firehooves »

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 09:24:33 PM »

I thought that this picture was pretty interesting. The two major things that stand out to me are the jewel-encrusted iPhone cover pony, like the ones we've seen on Taobao :yucky: and the new headphone set they've got there, which is something I'd buy!

Just to clarify, all of the stuff pictured is old stuff made by unliscensed fans and people (such as tao bao and artists), so it is not new. I was not at the meeting, nor do I have the description of the slide, but I believe this slide is just an "idea" board to show a potential branding and loyality since they are still working on the details for their actual release and don't want to give it away to the public yet.

I think comments on monster high are closest to what I believe they might be.    trying to do. They'll have to take it in a different direction though because they are in fact a different "breed" of toy.No matter what it isn it still looks like they will keep mlps innocence, youth and color.
~Foxtale~

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 09:25:27 PM »
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/7/3/8/6/3/Hasbro-New-York-Toy-Fair-2013-Investor-Event-28_1360336521.jpg

This slide caught my attention.  Sure, three of the costumes are quite recognizable as Twilight, Pinkie, and Dash...but the other two are quite obviously ponies (purple pegasus and a mint green earth pony).  Any guesses?  While not the same as brushables, if they're investing in costumes maybe there's hope of seeing some new ponies in the core lines too?
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 09:27:22 PM »

I thought that this picture was pretty interesting. The two major things that stand out to me are the jewel-encrusted iPhone cover pony, like the ones we've seen on Taobao :yucky: and the new headphone set they've got there, which is something I'd buy!

Just to clarify, all of the stuff pictured is old stuff made by unliscensed fans and people (such as tao bao and artists), so it is not new. I was not at the meeting, nor do I have the description of the slide, but I believe this slide is just an "idea" board to show a potential branding and loyality since they are still working on the details for their actual release and don't want to give it away to the public yet.

I think comments on monster high are closest to what I believe they might be trying to do. They'll have to take it in a different direction though because they are in fact a different "breed" of toy.

Ohhhh okay that is SO much better. Thank you. xD I thought they were taking a hipster/poppy preteen type of approach to it and I became Grumpy Cat.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/7/3/8/6/3/Hasbro-New-York-Toy-Fair-2013-Investor-Event-28_1360336521.jpg

This slide caught my attention.  Sure, three of the costumes are quite recognizable as Twilight, Pinkie, and Dash...but the other two are quite obviously ponies (purple pegasus and a mint green earth pony).  Any guesses?  While not the same as brushables, if they're investing in costumes maybe there's hope of seeing some new ponies in the core lines too?
Those are old g3.5/g3 costumes of rainbowdash and starsong mixed in.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:30:23 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »
Color me interested and intrigued!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 09:29:16 PM »
Oh, Hasbro. Please, just end G4. You can then pander G5 to the bronies all you want. Just... Let me off this train while what remains of my mental health is still holding out, before I go completely insane and do something the world might regret. Like jumping off a bridge. Which I've tried to do so many times in the past.

No matter what it isn it still looks like they will keep mlps innocence, youth and color.
The show lost it's innocence all but Twilight got corrupted by Discord >.<
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:35:58 PM by RAMChYLD »
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline Esbayne

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 09:33:17 PM »
Oh, Hasbro. Please, just end G4. You can then pander G5 to the bronies all you want. Just... Let me off this train while what remains of my mental health is still holding out, before I go completely insane and do something the I might regret. Like jumping off a bridge. Which I've tried to do so many times in the past.

I'd love it if they'd stop screwing up My Little Pony, ended it completely with a bang bang and a thank you for all the wonderful pony years, and made all this awful madness they have going on into a brand new horse toy line, so it wouldn't shame the true collectors. xDD

Honestly when G4 first came out it was exciting and refreshing, NEW PONIES, new looks, new stories, NO MORE BORE 7 AND GODAWFUL BIG HEADED FREAK PONIES. But look where we landed, they're taking us right back down that road. >_<

Sorry if I sound harsh in these posts I really don't mean to xD
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:37:56 PM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 09:35:49 PM »

Thanks for the info!  Kinda thought that might be the case since a lot of the other pics appear to be older as well.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Argentum-Zeena

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 09:36:10 PM »
Not going to lie, I don't like how this sounds. The reason I started collecting was because of its childish nature.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 09:37:36 PM »
Oh! One thing that is most definitely certain. If they're going to be ponifying things, I hope they UPDATE THEIR VECTOR FOLDER. I'm getting so tired of seeing the same pictures, the same poses of the same ponies slapped on absolutely everything, and if I see another derp-eyed or gape-mouthed Mane 6 I'm going to throw a small tantrum.  :yikes:
:fox:

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »

Thanks for the info!  Kinda thought that might be the case since a lot of the other pics appear to be older as well.

No problem, it is funny the slide features two rainbow dashes next to eachother lo! But I don't think it mattered as much for the target audience.

~Foxtale~

Offline Dragonsummoner

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Of the people, for the people!
    • View Profile
    • Flickr pictures
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 10:04:47 PM »
It would be amazing if they started including us collectors in there plans. Like Twilight finds a book in her library titled, "The Legend of Dream Valley" and her and her crew use the book to travel to Dream Valley. Where they visit Dream Castle, Paradise Estate and Flutter Valley. Then they re-release those playsets as special collector editions. Also they include Megan, Molly and Danny! That would be their Monster High doll angle! New dolls of Megan and Molly and a Danny doll!
*End dream sequence*

Sig by Sourdoughstomper and Blackestbird. Thank you!

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 10:10:17 PM »

Gah, what is that weird picture at the bottom that shows Rainbow Dash, Twilight and Pinkie, and some kind of seahorse creature? :O
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal