collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression  (Read 2383 times)

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
Re: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »
That's a new picture book that's coming out soon. It features the underwater world of Aquastria :P and the king who rules over it who is Celestia's cousin if I remember correctly.
:fox:

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 10:22:48 PM »
It would be amazing if they started including us collectors in there plans. Like Twilight finds a book in her library titled, "The Legend of Dream Valley" and her and her crew use the book to travel to Dream Valley. Where they visit Dream Castle, Paradise Estate and Flutter Valley. Then they re-release those playsets as special collector editions. Also they include Megan, Molly and Danny! That would be their Monster High doll angle! New dolls of Megan and Molly and a Danny doll!
*End dream sequence*

I believe they lost their licenses to all the G1 stuff, though.

That's a new picture book that's coming out soon. It features the underwater world of Aquastria :P and the king who rules over it who is Celestia's cousin if I remember correctly.

If toys for that get released I'll be insanely happy. SEAPONIES.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 10:28:45 PM »
At this point I figure even if I don't like Hasbro's new "vision" or "direction" or whatnot, maybe it will at least spawn some interesting toys, ha ha!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

StarberryTart

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 10:31:12 PM »
Well, ponies have been coming back in interesting ways. For instance, dip-dyed hair or hair that's colored in a pastel color is often called "pony hair" or "my little pony hair." Ponies came out in the 80s and continued through the 90s, time periods which have been making a fashionable comeback, because they're "retro" and "vintage," which are both all the rage now.

There's also the adults who enjoy MLP, whether the old stuff or the new stuff or just everything. I grew up on the original two shows, skipped on G3 because I didn't even know it existed at the time, and then settled into G4 quite nicely. I'm 28.

What I'm hoping for is some stuff that isn't kids centric toys. Brushables are one thing but I saw Pinkie styling heads, doctor playsets, toy cash registers, etc. Not really my thing. I'd love some G3 ponies, some scented ponies, jewel ponies, etc. Ponies that display really well. Lots more characters from the show or even a way to purchase a customized pony, like being able to build one through a website online. Teenage girls are creative and often come up with their own fan characters for whatever they're into at the time, which Monster High is banking on right now.

As for merchandise, I'd love jewelry, shoes, perfume, lip gloss and stuff like that.

Offline princesswingsong

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://marie-ralston.blogspot.com
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013, 10:44:59 PM »
After just finishing up writing a paper moments ago on the concept of "rebranding" for a masters class, I see this thread. If Hasbro plays their cards right they can easily make gobs of money on this idea. I can say good luck Hasbro and it is about time!

Thanks Sourdough for my Wing Song Adoptable and to Emiko\'s Pony Maker for my avi!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »
It would be amazing if they started including us collectors in there plans. Like Twilight finds a book in her library titled, "The Legend of Dream Valley" and her and her crew use the book to travel to Dream Valley. Where they visit Dream Castle, Paradise Estate and Flutter Valley. Then they re-release those playsets as special collector editions. Also they include Megan, Molly and Danny! That would be their Monster High doll angle! New dolls of Megan and Molly and a Danny doll!
*End dream sequence*

YES!!!!! We can dream!

I'm not sure how to feel about til I see what they come up with. The line is getting pretty boring right now with the constant re-release of the main six and the three princesses. But then again, I shudder when I think of the Rugrats "All Growed Up" and then making an older Dora the Explorer for the older kids. In my mind it just didn't work :nope: But at this point, I'm thinking anything but the main six will be welcome :lookround:
My Wish List

Offline Bellevi

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »
A rebrand sounds interesting! I'm wondering what type of merch we'll see from that--I'm thinking things like tee-shirts and...I dunno what it is the kids are into these days. Maybe some items inspired by fan-made goods that have been selling successfully, like those plushies with the nice hair. More toys made with collectors in mind would be nice, too. I know we're not the target market, but it's nice when they throw us a bone.

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 11:25:50 PM »
This will be interesting. Will have to wait and see what's in store! This could go very well for Hasbro though.

I don't think it's a re-brand, rather something that will run side-by-side with the main MLP younger girls line. It would seem odd to me that the focus there would suddenly go poof.

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 12:27:04 AM »
I am looking forward to seeing where this is all going. I do hope they don't screw up xD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 08:07:03 AM »
I think at the moment I ll remain on the fence until we actually see what they are talking about - because I find myself a little excited about the idea of new toys but a little worried about the direction of the line as I dont think all this is talking about new characters and new toys, I think its about something completely different and completely out of the norm for MLP. 

I dont think its a rebrand, I think its more a refocus - a rebrand would be crazy so early into such a popular line. And I agree that the "teenage and older" is possibly to catch on the retro/pop culture that MLP is currently hogging a lot of the spotlight on not to mention that Mattel have grabbed an older audience than many main stream doll manufacturers could ever have dreamed of...and you can bet Hasbro want some of that market. It doesnt have to be a similar product, it just has to appeal to the same market.

I collect and love MLP because of them being childish, simple, innocent, pastel coloured ponies. I am not a fan of them because they are "trendy" or "fashionable" or "cool" and to be honest what "Equestria Girls" actually is and how it dominates or sits simpatico with the regular MLP line will be a big decider for me. As a collector I am happy and enjoy G4 - all I would ask for are some more characters in the line - other than that I dont see why it would need a refocus at this point. Therefore, I guess that Hasbro are a giant money making conglomerate for a reason and they see that Twilight Sparkle and her friends truly are reaching a market who previously laughed at or poked fun at My Little Pony - yes thats men, boys and teenage/older girls. And if these people are buying fan products and merch by the tonne, then why shouldnt they try to create a line which may also appeal to them. I wonder sometimes how much Equestria Girls" will even have to do with ponies to be honest as it doesnt seem like a natural name for anything to do with MLP. 

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

RedKitsune

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2013, 08:22:03 AM »
I have to say I'm on the fence with this. It could go one way with high quality toys focused on an older audience that are based in the FIM universe or they could completely wipe everything and turn into an MLP high school drama fest. If it's the later, I'll be jumping ship x_x; Though I am extremely curious to find out how bad or good this change will turn out to be.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2013, 08:34:14 AM »
I don't think they'll do a full-on rebrand either.  They have definitely ordered a fourth season of the show, the show is popular (not only with adults but also with the target audience as far as I know) and therefore a good advertisement for the toys.

I think this will be more like splitting the line into two, the traditional wing of it that we have now and a wing aimed at older kids.

For example, when Transformers did the Alternators line, which were spot-on models of real cars and had very complex transformations:

So, I think this new idea will try to tie into whatever Hasbro thinks is popular with older girls.  I too am sort of hesitant about this . . . but we shall see.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2013, 09:09:55 AM »
I like the idea board!
But, really hasbro, don't go crazy here. I have no problem with a re-brand because markets are always changing, and to stay profitable a company has to meet the need of these demands. However, there is a fine line between meeting the demands of your market and staying true to the original values of the company. Let's not forget where my little pony has come from, let's celebrate it. My love for G4 is very different for my love of G1. G1 is pure innocence and nostalgia. toys! collecting! G4 is a revival and a lifestyle- it's not just about the toys anymore. and I think hasbro is gonna embrace that with this re-brand. I love pony merch, so I am excited :)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2013, 09:23:13 AM »
I don't really care what they make. Sure, fine, make a bunch of stuff for the teenage boys and girls or young adults. Fine, awesome. Have at it.

But Hasbro, spend some time and money on actually improving the toys you are already making.

It's all well and good to have this master plan to market to everyone on the planet. But if your toys are subpar then it will not be long before you loose the people who will naturally buy/want your products.

Start putting some investment into new body molds for the ponies - more fashion style size ponies would be great. And actually making more characters instead of the same old same old.

Better playsets. I know some folks find the playsets for g4 awesome but I just find them cheap - one wall does not make a castle.

And I get it Hasbro, you're trying to make a product that is affordable that people will buy. I get that.

But I'd really like to see an investment in the toys again.

All this time, energy and money going on fishing expeditions trying to drag in people who might not normally be into your product can be a loose.loose adventure. You can end up flooding the market with meaningless junk and it will kill MLP's charm quickly.

I just hope they'll think about doing 50/50 at least. Put some more time into the toys is all I'm asking :/
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 09:46:15 AM »
I collect and love MLP because of them being childish, simple, innocent, pastel coloured ponies. I am not a fan of them because they are "trendy" or "fashionable" or "cool"

There were plenty of ponies that were based on what was "trendy" back then. For example the Rockin Beats with their neon colors and crimped hair.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal