collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression  (Read 2388 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2013, 11:53:14 AM »
I collect and love MLP because of them being childish, simple, innocent, pastel coloured ponies. I am not a fan of them because they are "trendy" or "fashionable" or "cool"

There were plenty of ponies that were based on what was "trendy" back then. For example the Rockin Beats with their neon colors and crimped hair.

No I dont mean what the ponies look like. I mean the fact that they are taking the brand in this new direction because MLP has suddenly become trendy and cool. Lets face it in 2007 how many teenage girls or boys would admit to liking MLP? Other than collectors, not very many because it wasn't cool. Now being into MLP is fashionable. Thats what I mean - I like the ponies because they are childrens toys because I am a toy collector - like most of us I would suspect. I dont like them just because they are trendy at the moment and I just dont like the idea of the core product - i.e. the little plastic pastel ponies - being overlooked in order to cater to a different audience with different demands. For me MLP are a childrens [young childrens] toy. 

I agree with Karen - its Hasbros product and they want to make money so of course they can do whatever they like. And if the brand does go all iCarly meets Hannah Montana on us, then I can simply ignore it and walk away but if thats the way they do go then I hope they do at least keep to the core of the product and continue their children's toy line as then I can at least keep to one element of the brand. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Fall 2013- MLP All New Brand Expression
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2013, 12:23:30 PM »
I'm curious to see where this leads.  What I'm hoping for is that this is them branching out, like Barbie - release lines that appeal to an older audience while keeping the main line in focus (and releasing more than the Mane 6 in that line, please.).  Hopeful, Hasbro won't or get what MLP is supposed to be at it's core.

Other than that, I'll be cautiously optimistic.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal