collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you wear glasses or contacts?

No, my vision has always been perfect.
144 (25.9%)
No, I've had laser surgery.
19 (3.4%)
Yes, I wear contacts.
47 (8.5%)
Yes, I wear glasses.
280 (50.4%)
Yes, I switch between both.
66 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 381

Author Topic: How is your eyesight?  (Read 6087 times)

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
Re: How is your eyesight?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 02:17:41 PM »
I wear glasses and special-effects-lenses when I need to. I'm short sighted, and when I work outside/with the horses/in combat training (...don't ask, my hobbies are weird) I tend to get rid of the glasses.

Although at that stage the Arena screen would become blurry fuzzy pink squiggles with the occasional rainbow.

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »
Need an option for "My vision isn't perfect, but it's not too bad, so, I maybe SHOULD wear glasses but I don't", lol cause that's me!

Same for me, I am going to have my sight checked soon as I often get headaches and can't read from a distance anymore as I used to.

I always thought glasses were pretty though, so I would not be sad if it turns out I need'm. :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 02:19:11 PM »
I wear glasses and I see things a bit blurred out when they are about a meter and beyond away from me, but it could be worse. I can still walk around the street with no glasses if needed be and not bump into anything :P

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »
I've been wearing glasses since I was one year old.  I was born with a cataract in one of my eyes (it's a birthmark lol, there is a white dot in the black part of the eye).  It's a undeveloped blood vessel (or so I've been told).  When I was born my mom told them there was something wrong with my eye and she had to have them look at me at least 4 times before they saw it and believed her lol.

They say I'm lucky because apparently I can see around it.  It was good that my mom noticed it and made the doctor's see it because it could have lead to me going blind eventually.

I'm so used to having glasses on.  I've tried contacts but my eyes are too sensitive and I had problems at night with the lights and fuzziness.

The "totsy eyes" picture below of me is when I was maybe 3 years old, possibly just turned 4.  You can see my glasses I wore then!  But you can't see the cataract in the picture.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:34:49 PM by FairyDust »

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 02:35:49 PM »
I'm extremely near-sighted, I've been wearing glasses since 2nd grade but probably needed them in kindergarten.  I switched to contacts when I was 12 because my prescription was changing every 6 months-the hard contacts slowed things down. I can't even see the chart, the tech just stands about 2 feet away and asks how many fingers she's holding up.
Luckily my son inherited his dad's eyesight-perfect 20/20.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 02:41:16 PM »
My contact Rx was -9.5 before I got surgery several years ago. Before that I had to wear glasses since 3rd grade. It's kind of annoying now after surgery because I can't see anything at night since everything has a halo around it, and my tears turn to jelly so I'm constantly rubbing my eyes until my eyelids are dry and cracked.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 03:00:08 PM »
I wear glasses. I can see clearly about two feet in front of me and the rest is all a blur. I only wear contacts to cosplay and even then I need help getting them in.

My left eye is worse than my right eye due to getting stabbed in the eye with a rose thorn. Ran into a rose bush when I was a kid and scratched my cornea. I can never get corrective surgery since my cornea is scarred.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:02:00 PM by Corona »

Duster reference]

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »
I started wearing glasses in 7th grade because I had a hard time reading the chalkboard. I wear them when I go out, but usually at home I don't put them on unless I'm playing a video game on the TV (my laptop is close enough so I can play without them at my desk).

My left eye is really bad, and has been since my brain surgery - my whole left side was affected. If my right eye had the same vision my left does, I'd need to wear glasses all the time, but for now my right eye can pick up the slack.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »
I wear glasses. I really dislike them. I think I look so much better without them, but sisters think I look better with them. I'm nearsighted. I was told by an eye doctor that my eyes are going to get worse til I'm 18. Great.

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »
For my 30th birthday a few years back, I flunked my vision test without glasses at the DMV. Luckily I had glasses, so I put them on and passed, but up until then I had not been required to wear them while driving. So I got to buy prescription sunglasses with no vision insurance. Fun fun.

Now I have vision insurance and I alternate each year between glasses and sunglasses so each pair is never more than 2 years old. As much as I love eye make-up, I would love contacts but can't do the hassle and expense right now, plus I've heard they can be quite drying if you've taken Accutane. So now I just take my glasses off when I get where I'm going, and don't see detail very far :lol:
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »
I am lucky in that I have never needed glasses.  I can still read the telephone book comfortably and can spend long hours in front of the computer without problems.  I do however draw the line at reading books with really tiny, close together print!  I want to relax when I read, not have to fight to make out the words.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 03:33:59 PM »
Contacts for me.  I wore glasses through college but  gave them up when I joined a softball team and my glasses kept sliding off my nose.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 03:35:29 PM »
I needed glasses when I was in kindergarden. But I would not wear them till I was in second grade. I could not squint any more to see the board at school. So I gave in and started to wear my glasses. I am neg 8 something in each eye. I could not have that regular eye sugery. I would have to have one that my mom had. They would have to put contacts in my eyes. And these are on the ones that you take out. I also have astigmatism in both of them.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 03:36:20 PM »
Had laser surgery 13 yrs ago.  Love it!!!  Side effect the last few years is that the halos are very annoying on the interstate.  Have dry eyes, so silicone plugs to block the tear ducts off.  Sometimes the left one waters too much, but I can live with that.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »
I don't wear either, my vision has been fine always and neither of my parents wear glasses (though my uncle had bad eyesight).
I do have very sensitive eyes so I hope it stays that way ^^
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal