collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you wear glasses or contacts?

No, my vision has always been perfect.
144 (25.9%)
No, I've had laser surgery.
19 (3.4%)
Yes, I wear contacts.
47 (8.5%)
Yes, I wear glasses.
280 (50.4%)
Yes, I switch between both.
66 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 381

Author Topic: How is your eyesight?  (Read 6084 times)

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
Re: How is your eyesight?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »
I just started wearing glasses full time about 7 months ago.  They are mainly for reading.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 03:58:27 PM »
Ive had glasses for 25 years

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2013, 03:59:42 PM »
No glasses/contacts/surgery here.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Nence

• Tarot Orchid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ~.Which tarot-card did you picked up today? .~
    • View Profile
    • mymlplife.blogg.se
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »
I wear glasses :) And I'm very comfortable with them! I dont have a very bad eyesight but to much to need glasses, to see when I drive, watch tv etc. I bought new glasses last year and I like them very much :)

Thank you kissthethunder and audra-hime for my beautiful ponies <3
..:Click on the globe to visit my MLP-blog:..
Libella~Wistful Autumn~Golden Love~Twist~Clover~

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 04:04:24 PM »
I wear glasses - tempted by the LASIK options, but still a little creeped out by the idea of it.

Blog

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »
I've been wearing glasses since I was around 5. My vision was getting worse until I had an operation which stops is (called scleroplasty). Since then, it hasn't moved from around -5.25, but I still have astigmatism.
I got teased a lot for wearing glasses in primary school so I switched to the contacts in 5th grade. I didn't get the soft ones (which seem to be more common today), but the semi-hard ones because they were easier to take care of. I only noticed that soft contacts are waaay more comfortable just a few years ago.
About a year ago I completely switched to glasses because I find them much more comfortable, cheaper, easier and my eyes aren't red and itchy. My face also looks better because glasses make it more symmetric and they are in a pretty red colour which goes, in my opinion, great with my brown hair and eyes. I also don't feel the need to put the make-up when I'm wearing them because my eyes are already accentuated  ^.^
I'm thinking about getting a laser surgery, but I've become really comfortable with my glasses and during the past almost 19 years I've accommodated to the blurred vision very well so I don't feel the need. Glasses can be unpractical sometimes, but I always have contacts in reserve. (That's why I voted both)

I would recommend the scleroplasty surgery to parents who have kids with rapidly growing dioptre because it will make their lives easier and later on laser surgery will get better results because there will be less to correct. I've had had the surgery when I was 13 and it's been almost 6 years since then any my vision didn't get any worse  :)

...woah, that's a lot of text  :blink:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 04:26:07 PM »
Yes... no... wait. ... ? ALL of the above ?~!

I had bad vision all my life. When I got glasses at age 5 1/2 I was like "OH WOW! I can finally see the signs now". And by the time I had my surgery, it was kinda pointless to take tests "Well, I know the first letter is an E.... I can't see it. at. all. )
I had PRK, because I couldn't get lasik. >__<; Recovery was awful (which was abnormal) and I couldn't see anything for like a month.

I switched from glasses ~ contacts ~ glasses when my eyesight was bad.

And even though I can see now, I STILL sometimes wear fake glasses. Heck, I now put in cosmetic circle lenses too~ ^3^ So HAHA, My eyesight is now perfect and I STILL wear glasses and contacts !
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:29:32 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 04:33:58 PM »
I got reAders at 16

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »
i'm considered legall blind. i am compeltly blind in my left  eye. cnat see anything at all  in  that eye and my  right eye  is  slowly  losing vison i think its at  either  60 or  80 over 180. wome daysi wakeup i cnat  see  2 feet in  front of me. i recnetly had to get a sight imparent cane.  so i wear glasses.

i  was acutly completly  blind until i was  6. and they realized i couldn't see. i have had  3 eye surgerys.

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 04:37:26 PM »
Had laser surgery 13 yrs ago.  Love it!!!  Side effect the last few years is that the halos are very annoying on the interstate.  Have dry eyes, so silicone plugs to block the tear ducts off.  Sometimes the left one waters too much, but I can live with that.
It's kind of annoying now after surgery because I can't see anything at night since everything has a halo around it, and my tears turn to jelly so I'm constantly rubbing my eyes until my eyelids are dry and cracked.

Are these always side effects? Jelly tears sound really weird  :huh:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »
Glasses here - both my parents (and a large portion of my family), and hubby too.

My left is perfect vision, but my right has lazy eye, and I believe is 40/60 vision.
Technically however, I don't legally require my glasses to drive - my left eye compensates for reading and details, and my right eye still lets me make out enough to see if there is a large metal box (a car) over my shoulder.

My eyes have worked that way for most of my life - my left is the stronger and thus compensates to let me function. I went without glasses for many years.

I cannot stand the thought of contacts though - way too squirmy. I can't stand anything going into or near my eye - especially eye drops.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:53:39 PM by Kiwi »
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »
I have glasses. Its been 2 years since my last checkup and I know my eyes got worse. Without them everything is a colorful blur. I can see to navigate the house if I have to but not much mroe than that. I don't want laser surgury because its too new I want to know the side effects of having a laser shot through your head first and some side effects don't show up for decades. They're just starting to learn that the flap they cut in the cornea never completely adheres back to the rest of the eye. Forget it. I'm no guinea pig.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:09:08 PM by HavACrumpet452 »

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2013, 05:08:57 PM »
Neg 3 & 3.5. Been wearing contacts for 12 years, glasses for about 10 before that. Contacts are great, nothing worse when wearing glasses and you are trying to look up underneath something and you just can't see!! But contacts are also a pain, having to carry round solution and cases and glasses just in case something happens :lol: Would love surgery, but I can't justify 10 grand for something that will make me glasses free for maybe 10 years.

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2013, 05:43:22 PM »
I started wearing glasses when I was 8 because I couldn't see across a classroom to the board... Now without glasses on, I have trouble distinguishing shapes and colours from a few feet away. Everything gets pretty blobbish.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »
I started wearing glasses when I was in second grade.  Then in 8th grade I got contacts (because I had to get braces, so I asked my parents for the contacts, lol).  But at that time they didn't have soft lenses for astigmatism, so I had to have the hard gas perms.  Ugh.  Then in college soft lenses were finally available for astigmatism, and I've been wearing the soft lenses ever since.  But I do wear my glasses at night.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal