collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 36633 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #1350 on: January 25, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »
So, I have a question.  Since Boris Karloff played the Mummy, Frankenstein, and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde does that make Frankie, Cleo, Nefera and Jackson/Holt are long lost siblings lol?  As well as Draculaura and Operetta since Gerard Butler has portrayed The Phantom of the Opera and Dracula in more recent movies?  I just thought it was interesting that so many monsters that are the parents at Monster High have been played by the same actors.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:48:40 PM by nessa16 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1351 on: January 25, 2013, 06:33:14 PM »
While it is certainly possible to sell toys for emergency money, like psy mentioned, I personally would not 'invest' in toys, or at least not MH. Maybe something that has been around as long as barbie, or maybe art-toys.. but still... It could always backfire. Lots of old toys aren't even worth retail now.
And an item being highly sought after NOW is no gurantee either.. Remember Pokemon and Digimon? Those used to sell like hot cakes when I was young (..well, younger xD). And when you missed out on something you had to shell out a lot of money for it on ebay. ..most of these items sell for about a dollar now. :7
While I'm not saying MH will share the same fate, it's still possible! So I would be careful using toys as an investment, but maybe that's just me. :)

One word: Diddl XD

OMG! I.too. ..am totally guilty of this! (but I sold them for Digimon Stuff, so I still got something out of it! HA! :D) - As an Illustrator, tho, I really want to know his secret! He's a millionaire! 0-0

I wish I could get rid of my Diddl collection from childhood. My brother and me had those binders for the notepad pictures and we also had a plushie army. 11-year-old me loved this crap and nowadays nobody wants to help me get those mice out of my life again, because nobody wants them anymore, lol!

I think it's like stickers or trading cards. You need to find the right publisher and bam! the character will sell on its own. Kids love to collect little pictures. It's a law of nature. Just like kids loving dinosaurs *g*
I think the new "Diddl" are those very simply drawn sheep.

I myself collect for the fun of it, this community, the great friends I made through it, the anticipation of a new doll and the joy of styling them.. for me, the money is gone the minute I spent it. I'm not feeling guilty, either.. most of my friends blow their money for concert tickets, alcohol, parties, sport clubs or football tickets.. so at least *I* have some dolls to show for it. ..sure, I might sell them off some day, but I don't plan like that, so I can freely play with them, restyle them, repaint them, etc. I throw away my boxes, too..

Yes ^^
I came for the ponies and stayed for MH (and the nice people here).
I think the only way of making good money with MH dolls right now is going for the SDCC exclusives and the boys. Gil skyrocketed from 25€ retail to over 100€ on German ebay within only one year.
If I was in it mostly for the money, I'd only buy Deuces, Gils and Holts, keep them for one or two years boxed and then put them on ebay.

I have great respect for the people on here who keep their dolls boxed. I'm so in love with the character designs of MH dolls that I just can't wait to have them in my hands, look at them from all angles, touch the hair and clothes (I'm starting to sound like a creep, lol!!) - leaving them in their boxes would drive me crazy.

I seriously love MLP and MH figures/dolls. Looking at or "playing" with them makes me so happy.
It's a bit weird since I really wasn't a doll girl when I was small. I had Barbies and such, but I never really played with them. My big childhood love were Steiff plushies and dinosaur figures (like I said, it is a law of nature, lol).

i am not even familiar with diddle..   i think he was after my, time maybe..  maybe that is a good thing??

anyway,  i haven't seen a doll or line unique as MH in a long time. Thats why i like them and i think thats why they are soo popular.  i kinda think MH will stay collectable, to a certain degree, in some form or another.  sort of like alot of the toys from 80s  are collectable today.   they are the most unique toy line i have seen since the 80s.
 the 80s gave birth to alot of great toys in the 90s  it just seems like  there wasn't much innovation.   But now a days they are bringing back alot of the 80s lines..  there's a reason for that and that is  because those 80s toys were awesome and innovative for there time, they are still collectable to day , kids still enjoy them and   the childrern of the 80s are having kids so they  want there kids to  experience the awesomeness of  80s toys :)

I think if  MH was around in the 80s  it would have even done well then, and still would have been around today , just like transformers,  MLP and other favorites :)

Offline TwilightElphaba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
    • Adulthood is overrated
« Reply #1352 on: January 25, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »
So, I have a question.  Since Boris Karloff played the Mummy, Frankenstein, and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde does that make Frankie, Cleo, Nefera and Jackson/Holt are long lost siblings?  As well as Draculaura and Operetta since Gerard Butler has portrayed The Phantom of the Opera and Dracula in more recent movies?  I just thought it was interesting that so many monsters that are the parents at Monster High have been played by the same actors.
I hope not because I ship FrankiexJackson/Holt
I don't think so.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: January 25, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »
I decided to pop by Walmart tonight just for curiosity's sake. I wasn't too hopeful about Catrine, since she hasn't been found on the east coast yet, and I was right in assuming I wouldn't find her, her space was still empty, but I did find a lone Scaris Deuce pushed in the back of the basics shelf!  :biggrin:

Nice! Great find TrixieStix! :)

Yay for finding Deuce!! :freak:

Thanks everyone for helping me decide to definitely jump on the *Buy the boys* wagon! I also grabbed a Deuce....

My new babies!!

:faint:

Holt didn't have a stand, but has his headphones and DJ kit sling. Deuce has his aviators and Clawd is well Clawd ;D

Sig Ghoulia is adorable too, love her outfit so I'm happy I could find her. She and Holt have funny loose hips but he's been standing on his own for 2 hours so I'm content. 

:pillow: I :heart: you guys <3

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 25, 2013, 07:19:08 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dat holt *hugs him*
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #1355 on: January 25, 2013, 07:30:31 PM »
I found Catrine!! I was really surprised they had her! They had about 4 of her, 1 PD Spectra and a billion DDG Lagoona. I couldn't find any other Scaris dolls besides her but I was so happy that she was there! After hearing she was spotted in Canada I've just been itching to go to Walmart.

Besides her totally glued hair I just adore her! I was so lucky to get a good face up (though from what I checked they all were pretty good) She is so beautiful and my first werecat! However I'm having a hard time with her tail. Seems to just stay in one position and wont bend.

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 25, 2013, 07:36:16 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dat holt *hugs him*
Yay! I am so happy /lucky to have found him ~! hurray craigslist!

Congrats Lilac-Mint! She's gorgeous! :enthralled:

Edit: to include reply~
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:54:27 PM by TrixieStix »

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #1357 on: January 25, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »
Woohoo, Lilac! Great find! :)

I don't think her tail is posable, but I could be wrong!

Lilac-Mint

« Reply #1358 on: January 25, 2013, 07:41:17 PM »
Thank you! I was hoping her tail was posable because I remember Toraleis was (I got her for my bestie two christmas's ago) I hope everyone else who wants her can find her!

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 25, 2013, 07:54:54 PM »
Congrats on your find! She looks awesome, can't wait for her to start popping up near me :)

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: January 25, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
Congrats.. I just need to find her now... I am getting antsy waiting...

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 25, 2013, 08:07:56 PM »
Catrine has been spotted in the city 2 hours from me for sure, and there was a freaking ice storm here today, so I haven't been able to leave the house all day for black ice.  She's probably alllll over the shelves and someone with 4 wheel drive is rolling around in them.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 25, 2013, 08:49:36 PM »
I want DotD Deuce so bad! I'm so mad I didn't grab him when I had the chance last winter. :cry:

I still haven't found Catrine. The Walmart by my work doesn't even have a tag for her.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 25, 2013, 09:05:34 PM »
Catrine has been spotted in the city 2 hours from me for sure, and there was a freaking ice storm here today, so I haven't been able to leave the house all day for black ice.  She's probably alllll over the shelves and someone with 4 wheel drive is rolling around in them.

Oh nooo  XD I can now totally imagine someone in their car backseat just hanging out with all those Catrine dolls.... :snow:

I want DotD Deuce so bad! I'm so mad I didn't grab him when I had the chance last winter. :cry:

I still haven't found Catrine. The Walmart by my work doesn't even have a tag for her.
I couldn't resist him, I was already buying the other two dudes so why not right?! He HAD HIS AVIATORS so I just melted. ^^;

Catrine's getting around the states but I checked ebay and in almost every state she's been spotted there's someone selling 5 of her. She'll come around that mountain when she comes~

My Walmart had barely any GR abbey, so lets hope they actually order lots of Catrine!

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 25, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »

I'll let you know if I see her around. :) I've only been to the Wal-Mart on Touhy. They had the shelf tag out but no Catrine yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal