collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 39055 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #1320 on: January 25, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »
You guys get me into so much trouble in one day. So many awesome dollies coming out! I am soooooo excited about all the boys!! Heath and Billy :D And the boy CAMS! YAY!!

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 25, 2013, 10:59:33 AM »
GUYS

So I have a question

Is it BAD to buy Holt for $20 with clothing and headphones out of box

and Clawd sweet 1600 for $20? with clothes again out of box?

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 25, 2013, 11:02:08 AM »
GUYS

So I have a question

personally I'd run and buy those RIGHT NOW!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 25, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »
You guys get me into so much trouble in one day. So many awesome dollies coming out! I am soooooo excited about all the boys!! Heath and Billy :D And the boy CAMS! YAY!!

The new Boy CaMs and Invisi Billy are just rumors. They aren't confirmed.

GUYS

So I have a question

Get on that right now!
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 25, 2013, 11:05:49 AM »
Yay I should have them later today and they come with stands! And I grabbed a signature ghoulia for $15, I think that's pretty good!!!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 25, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »
Yay I should have them later today and they come with stands! And I grabbed a signature ghoulia for $15, I think that's pretty good!!!

Where did you find them!?
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 25, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »
CRAIGSLIST of all the silly places and on my side of town!

I'm so stoked I can't even type hahaha

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #1327 on: January 25, 2013, 11:12:37 AM »
GUYS

So I have a question

I wouldn't pass that deal up even if Holt's eyes were printed onto his forehead. Congrats, you!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 25, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »
While it is certainly possible to sell toys for emergency money, like psy mentioned, I personally would not 'invest' in toys, or at least not MH. Maybe something that has been around as long as barbie, or maybe art-toys.. but still... It could always backfire. Lots of old toys aren't even worth retail now.
And an item being highly sought after NOW is no gurantee either.. Remember Pokemon and Digimon? Those used to sell like hot cakes when I was young (..well, younger xD). And when you missed out on something you had to shell out a lot of money for it on ebay. ..most of these items sell for about a dollar now. :7
While I'm not saying MH will share the same fate, it's still possible! So I would be careful using toys as an investment, but maybe that's just me. :)

One word: Diddl XD

OMG! I.too. ..am totally guilty of this! (but I sold them for Digimon Stuff, so I still got something out of it! HA! :D) - As an Illustrator, tho, I really want to know his secret! He's a millionaire! 0-0

I myself collect for the fun of it, this community, the great friends I made through it, the anticipation of a new doll and the joy of styling them.. for me, the money is gone the minute I spent it. I'm not feeling guilty, either.. most of my friends blow their money for concert tickets, alcohol, parties, sport clubs or football tickets.. so at least *I* have some dolls to show for it. ..sure, I might sell them off some day, but I don't plan like that, so I can freely play with them, restyle them, repaint them, etc. I throw away my boxes, too..

But still I totally get what motivates you guys to buy some dolls and keep them boxed! Nothing wrong about it! ^^
I guess all I wanted to say is that those dolls aren't gold.. so there is no gurantee they'll keep their worth down the line.

Me, honestly, I think they'll propably end up like Turtles or so.. a toy testemony of their time and still somewhat sought after by toycollectors..

Offline TrixieStix

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 25, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »
GUYS

So I have a question

I wouldn't pass that deal up even if Holt's eyes were printed onto his forehead. Congrats, you!

:lmao: It didn't look like it but we'll see!!  I also asked about stands and that's comin along too, hip hip hay!

Now to meet at a decent location  :ninja:

I am glad they are out of box because I can play with them and take them about! :drunk:

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1330 on: January 25, 2013, 11:36:31 AM »
Okay so I just have to share.

Last night I had a dream that the library I work at had Monster High dolls available for trade. Basically, you brought in your unwanted MH doll and you could pick any of the ones we had to trade it for. We mostly had Meowlody and Purrsephone, and I think the Gorgon CAM and some Sig Robeccas. So freaking weird. I know there was a discussion a while back about MH dreams, this was my first!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 25, 2013, 12:01:43 PM »
While it is certainly possible to sell toys for emergency money, like psy mentioned, I personally would not 'invest' in toys, or at least not MH. Maybe something that has been around as long as barbie, or maybe art-toys.. but still... It could always backfire. Lots of old toys aren't even worth retail now.
And an item being highly sought after NOW is no gurantee either.. Remember Pokemon and Digimon? Those used to sell like hot cakes when I was young (..well, younger xD). And when you missed out on something you had to shell out a lot of money for it on ebay. ..most of these items sell for about a dollar now. :7
While I'm not saying MH will share the same fate, it's still possible! So I would be careful using toys as an investment, but maybe that's just me. :)

One word: Diddl XD

OMG! I.too. ..am totally guilty of this! (but I sold them for Digimon Stuff, so I still got something out of it! HA! :D) - As an Illustrator, tho, I really want to know his secret! He's a millionaire! 0-0

I wish I could get rid of my Diddl collection from childhood. My brother and me had those binders for the notepad pictures and we also had a plushie army. 11-year-old me loved this crap and nowadays nobody wants to help me get those mice out of my life again, because nobody wants them anymore, lol!

I think it's like stickers or trading cards. You need to find the right publisher and bam! the character will sell on its own. Kids love to collect little pictures. It's a law of nature. Just like kids loving dinosaurs *g*
I think the new "Diddl" are those very simply drawn sheep.

I myself collect for the fun of it, this community, the great friends I made through it, the anticipation of a new doll and the joy of styling them.. for me, the money is gone the minute I spent it. I'm not feeling guilty, either.. most of my friends blow their money for concert tickets, alcohol, parties, sport clubs or football tickets.. so at least *I* have some dolls to show for it. ..sure, I might sell them off some day, but I don't plan like that, so I can freely play with them, restyle them, repaint them, etc. I throw away my boxes, too..

Yes ^^
I came for the ponies and stayed for MH (and the nice people here).
I think the only way of making good money with MH dolls right now is going for the SDCC exclusives and the boys. Gil skyrocketed from 25€ retail to over 100€ on German ebay within only one year.
If I was in it mostly for the money, I'd only buy Deuces, Gils and Holts, keep them for one or two years boxed and then put them on ebay.

I have great respect for the people on here who keep their dolls boxed. I'm so in love with the character designs of MH dolls that I just can't wait to have them in my hands, look at them from all angles, touch the hair and clothes (I'm starting to sound like a creep, lol!!) - leaving them in their boxes would drive me crazy.

I seriously love MLP and MH figures/dolls. Looking at or "playing" with them makes me so happy.
It's a bit weird since I really wasn't a doll girl when I was small. I had Barbies and such, but I never really played with them. My big childhood love were Steiff plushies and dinosaur figures (like I said, it is a law of nature, lol).

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 25, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »
I think the part about investing is letting go of an item at the right time.  It's risky but when it's hot is when you need to let it go not 5 years down the road when no one wants it. 

I went to Walmart to pick up some medicine for my dad and they still don't have her.  While at the gym I was told my orders already came in (it took a whole day!!).  So I went over there after I went to the gym, in my work out clothing and while it wasn't the best service ever I'd still recommend ship to store it saved me quite a bit.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 25, 2013, 12:16:16 PM »
Ah I love Diddl horses, I sooo wanted one as a kid but could never find one!!

Yes, that's true, that's why I keep the boxes from my rarer dolls.... can see myself clearing out nearly all my dolls bar 3 or 4 soon...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 25, 2013, 01:44:57 PM »
GUYS

So I have a question

Do you even need to ask?! :faint: If they're going for less tha- WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS?! GO GET THEM!!!

ETA: You got them, yay!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:46:34 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal