collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 13  (Read 39017 times)

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 13
« Reply #1335 on: January 25, 2013, 02:00:54 PM »
Okay so I just have to share.

Last night I had a dream that the library I work at had Monster High dolls available for trade. Basically, you brought in your unwanted MH doll and you could pick any of the ones we had to trade it for. We mostly had Meowlody and Purrsephone, and I think the Gorgon CAM and some Sig Robeccas. So freaking weird. I know there was a discussion a while back about MH dreams, this was my first!

Yay first MH Dream! You're getting in deep now, bwahaha :silly:
I have silly dreams from time to time. I remember when I first started my MH obsession and found out that Holt existed. I had a dream I found one brand new in a store after escaping an avalanche. I turned around for one second and suddenly my best friend was purchasing him at the counter and I was sooooo sad.  :jealous:

Then the other day I dreamt I was running a race, I can't for a while because I had my meniscus surgically repaired, realized that I could have ruined my knee forever and then went to TRU to drown my sorrows in a bunch of Sweet 1600 dolls.  :blush:

On Investment:

I agree that if you sell at the right time great, but right now I know some MH dolls are sought after and others rare. However, then I think of Beanie Babies and how people grabbed them up-kept them in good shape and went through the *not worth much but a $1* phase and are now being sold in second hand shops/resale for that or maybe a few dollars more. So depending on how many people end up doing the exact same thing, keeping them new in box then flooding the market.....

We shall see, but I keep some in box, some out. I have the boxes for the ones I have purchased in store only because when I moved I was able to tie them back into their places. I felt moving them this way was safer.

Same with Pokemon! I found all my old cards in a binder and some foils are about the same price as what I had labeled years and years ago. Heeee.

Do you even need to ask?! :faint: If they're going for less tha- WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS?! GO GET THEM!!!

ETA: You got them, yay!!
:enthralled: lol I checked around seeing what they were going for, figured I'd double check and then jumped on it like a panther. :kitty: Not gonna lie, when they said *out of box boys* I was hoping for a Gil, but I'll take dem fellas!

sorry for the long-winded-train

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 25, 2013, 02:17:50 PM »
One of the only reasons I keep mine in boxes is because of the value... Recently I found myself buying the cheaper dolls as extras to put in the outfits and fashion packs I have bought... Although I am still dead set on getting an extra open set, I probably won't do what I did with the mib's and just get one of each ( ie : roller maze now has the single abbey and so I would just buy th singles not the 2 pack with ghoulia and abbey) same with the DotD girls as such..

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 25, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
I say any boy that's going for about $20 GO CRAZY AND GET THEM!!

Ahh That's it!! I don't have my camera, but I'm about to open Rochelle now, my 2nd ghoul to open from their box!!
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 25, 2013, 02:36:37 PM »

Ahh That's it!! I don't have my camera, but I'm about to open Rochelle now, my 2nd ghoul to open from their box!!

:lol:

Open open! Rochelle is lovely~~

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 25, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »
OPEN MOAR ...MOAAAAAR! :devious:
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1340 on: January 25, 2013, 02:58:52 PM »

:lol:

Open open! Rochelle is lovely~~

Rochelle is the best ghoul! To me, anyway. c:

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 25, 2013, 03:54:23 PM »
I decided to pop by Walmart tonight just for curiosity's sake. I wasn't too hopeful about Catrine, since she hasn't been found on the east coast yet, and I was right in assuming I wouldn't find her, her space was still empty, but I did find a lone Scaris Deuce pushed in the back of the basics shelf!  :biggrin:

GUYS

So I have a question

Is it BAD to buy Holt for $20 with clothing and headphones out of box

and Clawd sweet 1600 for $20? with clothes again out of box?
I wouldn't pass that deal up even if Holt's eyes were printed onto his forehead. Congrats, you!

:lmao: It didn't look like it but we'll see!!  I also asked about stands and that's comin along too, hip hip hay!

Now to meet at a decent location  :ninja:

I am glad they are out of box because I can play with them and take them about! :drunk:

Nice! Great find TrixieStix! :)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 25, 2013, 03:55:40 PM »
Opened, stripped, brushes, washed, boil straightened, dried, redressed and I LOVE her! Although she doesn't have enough blue in her hair. >,<; Only one streak of blue in the back of her hair and her bangs have a bunch. Her stockings are hard to take off!! But now that she's been groomed, she'll stay in her stock. :P

Now all I need is Robecca to get here from Walmart and I'll be set with my GFF pairings with Venus, Rochelle and Robecca! XD
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 25, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
All Sig. Rochelle's are like that, with the blue in her hair:(  I've been looking for one with just a tad more, and it's just impossible!  I've decided just to use an extra Scaris Rochelle as my Sig. instead.

Glad to see you are finally getting to play with your dolls, Luvly:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 25, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »
Oh god.. Guys.. I watched the new special and I'm pretty sure I'm dying for a RM Draculaura.... ;____;
I haven't wanted a doll this bad before EVER and I don't even own a single Draculaura! Go figure! >u<
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 25, 2013, 04:54:59 PM »
I was actually super excited to find a Rochelle with NO blue on the sides of her bangs! The less blue, the better. :lol: She just has some in her bangs and the one lone streak in the back.

Rococo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1346 on: January 25, 2013, 04:55:05 PM »
Oh god.. Guys.. I watched the new special and I'm pretty sure I'm dying for a RM Draculaura.... ;____;
I haven't wanted a doll this bad before EVER and I don't even own a single Draculaura! Go figure! >u<

Yes! She's the cutest Draculaura I've seen in a really long time (since the Draculaura included with the Coffin Bean set totally disappointed me) and I hope they release her.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 25, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
The other Signature Rochelle I'm keeping MIB has a long streak going down log sides of her head, so I'm happy with opening the other one. :P

RM Draculaura is the cutest I've ever soon too so far out of all the 3D Specials, GR was too Fancy/extravagant, SS was meh, this one was so CUTE compared to the other ones!
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #1348 on: January 25, 2013, 06:13:51 PM »
Man, I don't know how much longer I can maintain self control. For the longest time I kept telling myself I wasn't going to spend a ton of money on SDCC dolls. Now, I'm seriously considering buying Ghoulia and Scarah. I'm screwed.

I really really want both of them.. I'm just trying to reason with myself and be realistic and not buy them lol.
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #1349 on: January 25, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »
some how after watching  the special i feel an exclusive rollermaze doll pack coming on with an Exclusive  RM draculaura doll or even rochelle..

that said where the hell are the new RM dolls  single boxed abbey and clawdeen in my area??? i have searched every where.. duece is also still eluding me!

come on mattel hurry up!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal