collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your rescued and/or pampered pets!  (Read 7850 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Show me your rescued and/or pampered pets!
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »
Bryn is a pretty dog!!

Dirty Girl...how cuuuute!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2012, 05:49:07 AM »
@CupeCakeWishes, have you tried listing the animals you're trying to re-home on Petfinder.com?  That's how I found my little Ava, it's a great search tool and a lot of people I know have used it to find their critters.

I couldn't find a way to post the kittens on Petfinder... it's been a while since I even used the site.  :huh: I'll have a go at it today and see if it doesn't help me find homes for the kittens.

I'm not going to even start looking for Dirty Girl a home until after she is spayed. She'll be with us for a while so I can see what her temperament is like now and be able to give a good description on what kind of home she would be best in.

Since leaving me at 8 weeks, she has been living in an apartment with young people, not sure what kind of socialization she has had there.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2012, 10:07:46 PM »
Zenna your babies are soooo cute!  :P I can't see the videos, but if you set set the privacy to "public" we should be able to  ^.^

Thank you!  I think they're pretty fantastic.  :lovey:  I changed the video settings, you might be able to see them now.  :D

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2012, 08:34:38 AM »
My Bengals are rescues.  The last owner front declawed them and did not take care of their teeth, so they both have less than 10 left! We think they're around 8 years old now, but we're really not sure. they still act like kittens!
They are my babies though, and they are a handfull!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:47:12 AM by skyrocketneko »

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2012, 01:44:58 PM »
Oh wow, those are gorgeous!  Look at that orange!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
Zenna your babies are soooo cute!  :P I can't see the videos, but if you set set the privacy to "public" we should be able to  ^.^

Thank you!  I think they're pretty fantastic.  :lovey:  I changed the video settings, you might be able to see them now.  :D
Yep can see them now!  :biggrin: I can't believe how Milo was climbing that tree!! Lol!!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2012, 02:30:30 PM »
That growl!  LOL  It sounds like a ticked off cat.  XD  Cute!

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »
Wow, skyrocketneko, those cats are beautiful!  I love bengals.

Yep can see them now!  :biggrin: I can't believe how Milo was climbing that tree!! Lol!!

I couldn't believe it either, he's terrified of heights!  I didn't know if I should be worried, amused, or proud of the little weenie.  He's a determined little thing though and the squirrel was harassing him.  Then he started climbing and the squirrel just shut up and watched in what I can only imagine was disbelief.

That growl!  LOL  It sounds like a ticked off cat.  XD  Cute!

Ava's?  It's pretty hilarious.

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2012, 10:59:05 PM »
Yeah lol!

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2012, 12:16:58 AM »
My Bengals are rescues.  The last owner front declawed them and did not take care of their teeth, so they both have less than 10 left! We think they're around 8 years old now, but we're really not sure. they still act like kittens!
They are my babies though, and they are a handfull!

Wow, gorgeous kitties! That's so sad that they lost so many teeth... thank goodness you rescued them!

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2012, 12:29:40 AM »
Yeah lol!

She's pretty funny, I love that dog.  She thinks she's so tough and tries to scare off my hubby with that growl.  It just makes people laugh, usually.  XD

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2012, 10:04:07 AM »
I have so many cat stories... we always took in the older kitties that no one wanted!

Our last cat was 'Betty', renamed Kitty because...er.. I ran out of ideas. It didn't matter as she was 15 years old and STONE DEAF when we got her. Her owners were 'moving house' and 'couldn't have pets', so they promptly moved and kept their dog. CHARMING. Kitty went to the MSPCA (Manx Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) and we found her there.

She snored, drooled, farted and was an utterly lovely, if totally deaf, cat for a year before the illnesses she had took over and all the lights went out. She spent her second ever day in the house asleep on *me* with one paw on my face and one in my ear. Thanks, cat.

This is the current rescue: SKRAAAAG.

She was my brother's cat, he's moved to Australia so we have her now. They got her from the RSPCA across, and she was from an abuse/neglect home. When they got her she was *crunchy*, her skin was so bad. Some claw-clips, steroids and love later she's now got her fur back but she's still horribly nervy.
She likes me, and she 'hides' on my lap if I hug her. If she hears a loud noise she'll hide with me or cling to me because she's still so scared. Poor kitty. :(

This boy is one I couldn't help and I can only link the image:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319874_10151813350945392_2035661639_n.jpg
contains: tethered horse.
Because his body condition was okay I couldn't get the RSPCA to remove him. He was illegally tethered next to a main road, no water, awful grazing, nasty teeth... he got stuck on the chain more than once and some local BRATS decided to throw things at him and beat him up. He's a 14.2hh stallion.

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »
I have been reading through these, and you guys have seriously made me cry happy tears!  I've got one very pampered ferret that I'm sitting this week, which is making up for the most recent surrender, and all of her pent-up frusterated energy that I'm dealing with, lol.  Luckily, I have tons of toys for her to shred.  I'll update tomorrow with a few of my own.  Thanks everyone for taking the time to share!

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2012, 11:01:06 PM »
My cat wasn't rescued. She was a kitten of another cat of mine and was the only one to survive. She has been with me for 8 years and on several moves to several states. She's been my little buddy so, I feel bad she got the name "The Spleen". She toots alot and got the name from the movie Mystery Men.  :P

Here is my estranged cat, Ember. She came from under some lady's house in Wyoming.  She never took to me but took to my dad so, she stays in Colorado with him. I just come down from Montana for visitation.

And my Toadie, my he rest in peace. I caught him when I was a kid when I lived in WV. When I moved to Colorado I doubt he could make it in the wild. Unfortunately, he died 2 years ago. But he was the coolest toad ever. He was very tame and loved to be held.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

moondancer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2012, 09:28:46 PM »
Here's my adorable pomeranian, Muffy. :)

She loves to: wear her sweaters, cuddle, warm blankets, go for walks, eat bacon dog snacks, go for rides in the car, give me kisses, play fetch with her ball, give me high 5's, eat cheese, chase after bras, get her coat brushed, roll around in the smelly, dirty grass, look out the window, hide pizza crusts around the house, sleep, and follow my mom everywhere.

She hates: Being left alone, house flies, baths, vegetables, wearing hats, the vacuum cleaner, hearing food frying on the stove, the sound of the smoke alarm, strangers at the door, passing other dogs or people when going for walks, having her nails cut, people being near her food, being cleaned after she gets dirty, hearing people cry.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal