collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your rescued and/or pampered pets!  (Read 7917 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your rescued and/or pampered pets!
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2012, 09:48:27 PM »
I updated my first post on page 1 to add pics finally.  Thanks for sharing the love!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2012, 11:04:04 PM »
Love all the ferrets!  I think they are so cute, I always thought it would be fun to have one  :)  Curly looks so sweet, I can't believe anyone would swing the poor thing by his tail!!!  :faint:  Some people are disgusting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »

IMAG0286 by PassionatePoppy, on Flickr

Mojo, the last kitten! Sleeping with his buddy, Beaker. Beaker loves cats and kittens... a bit too much lol Hopefully this pic wins Mojo a good home. Solid black cats always seem to be the best and most personality filled kitties ever! Which is why we are spaying and keeping his solid black mama, Luca.

Guess when you are born a universally bad luck charm, it helps when you can make as many friends as possible in life.  :cool:
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline EminentZephyr

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2012, 04:40:18 AM »
I just love everybody's pictures... some of these pics really make my heart melt!

:lovey:

Here are my spoiled ones.

First pictured is my pup, Skeeter. I rescued this boy here earlier this year in January. :)
He's believed to be some sort of dachshund mix... possibly have some springer in him...

The world may never know to be honest, lol! :P

When I first adopted him he had some issues with men.
He is completely better now though, and loves everybody equally! =] He's a good boy.

Here he is again, pictured with the diva of the house, my 3 year old Papillon, Sky.

Sky wasn't rescued but she is certainly pampered. I think at times she thinks she runs the show... :lookround:

I currently have 2 rats as well. Sorry no pics. :[

Over the years I've also had 8 gerbils before though, 1 mouse, 1 guinea pig, many many fish, and at one point I rescued a hamster who only had one eye too. Poor little guy, I'll never know what happened to his one other eye. Somebody had left him outside of PetCo one day and the store took him in & had him up for sale for like $5 I think. I took him home and he lived quite comfortably to a very old age. He lived a good life.

His name was Marshmallow. :D

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 04:43:04 AM by EminentZephyr »

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »

Isn't he just the cutest little thing?!  :lovey:  Definitely a dachsie face, I recognize that look.  :silly:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2012, 06:18:10 PM »
We were always big about taking in rescues since I grew up on a farm. I wish I had pictures, but in high school I raised an orphan calf and a blind calf that the mother refused to take. They were sweet and the blind one would follow her friend like a little seeing eye dog. I always took in cats and dogs (within reason of my parents allowing it). My dad mostly raised cattle and horses, so he wasn't big into taking in livestock that wasn't useful. He wasn't mean about it, just that it was so expensive to keep those, and he wanted ones that contributed to the farm. We did have a few mares he took in that were healthy, but unsuitable for riding horses (for example we had one left out in a pasture with half torn down barb wire fences. She had gotten into them and tore up her back leg badly. She could never make a riding horse after that and around here probably would have went to slaughter. She could get around though just fine and made a nice mother) I remember a few of my riding horses were others taken in from injuries ect.

I love to take in dogs though and if only I could afford some more. Currently I only have two at home though and one I bought. The other I took in, and most of the animals I've taken in over the years is just from picking them up off the road or asking someone if I could have them (instead of them being ignored). My dad would just you know offer to take the horses or livestock and pay a small fee for them. Most were happy to get rid of them considering the expensive and having to haul them to auction and probably slaughter.

Anyway here is my girl Suki. The vet cannot put an exact age on her since he said her teeth are literally awful. I've had her about four years and took her in from someone where I worked at the time. She's a full blood Schnauzer and a lazy girl. She sleeps all the time and is queen of our couch. I've never met another dog that could spend all day doing absolutely nothing. She has some health issues that crop up (allergic to grass, sensitive stomach and huge allergy problems in general), but she's totally worth it. Also she's the calmness in the storm. The storm being my crazy hyperactive poodle that is always jumping around her wanting to play. She kinda just grabs him by the ears and wrestles him down half sitting on him. It's funny considering he's so much taller than her, but he lacks her stocky little body.

Actually being lazy, but here is an old picture of them from like two years ago on the fourth of July. It was just the first thing to pop up in my photobucket box.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »
Schnauzer love.... love love love!! Cute doggies!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2012, 07:56:25 PM »
OMG, Zenna, those are just the stories I can share.  The last one we got was thrown from a car on a highway!  I'm pretty sure I can't even tell the other stories here.  Sometimes, I wish that people went through what they did to their pets.

Isn't he just the cutest little thing?!  :lovey:  Definitely a dachsie face, I recognise that look.  :silly:

It's the "Please feed me!  No one has EVER fed me in my whole life." look.  My friend's dashie is the master of that, even immediately after downing a treat.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »
This is Toby. We actually bought him from a breeder because we wanted a dog that would be good around our tiny chihuahua and we were pointed to mini daschunds. There were none in my area for adoption, so we opted for a breeder about an hour away. He was a christmas gift for my sister, who is schizophrenic and responds well to animal therapy. She had actually picked him out on the site, but it said he was already sold. But he was secretly sold to my mother, bwahahah. Picked him up christmas eve and she was sooooo surprised when we came back from my dad's on christmas morning! His name is Toby, he's about 12 lbs and he's two years old!

Spoiler

And now I present to you; ChiChi. He is a two pound applehead chihuahua, full grown at 5 yrs old. We rescued him from a local pet rescue operation. His owners gave him up after their bigger dog tried to eat him. He has two small scars from puncture wounds made by teeth :( My mom and him bonded within the first few minutes of meeting and are inseperable! Unfortunately, he is losing all his teeth from what we guess is bad breeding. We tried to have them removed after one of them caused a nasty infection (and man, these teeth are almost black and smelly and misshapen and we have done everything in our power to make them better. Not happening), but he has water on the brain and the operation is too dangerous. So we're stuck brushing his teeth gently and watching them fall out slowly.
He thinks he's a rotweiler and we have the most special relationship! He growls at me while I pet him and he gives me kisses lol

Spoiler

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2012, 07:51:52 PM »
OMG, Zenna, those are just the stories I can share.  The last one we got was thrown from a car on a highway!  I'm pretty sure I can't even tell the other stories here.  Sometimes, I wish that people went through what they did to their pets.

Isn't he just the cutest little thing?!  :lovey:  Definitely a dachsie face, I recognise that look.  :silly:

It's the "Please feed me!  No one has EVER fed me in my whole life." look.  My friend's dashie is the master of that, even immediately after downing a treat.

Poor baby!  :(  I'm glad you are taking them in, those poor things could use some good luck it sounds like.  :hug:

And I know the "No one has EVER fed me in my whole life" face.  Milo tries that one on people all the time.  He also tries to convince visitors that he never gets any love and has never been pet before.  Not once.  He's a little bit dramatic.

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2012, 09:28:57 PM »
These are my two new baby ratties, Dorian (black) and Basil (dove).  A young woman was selling a litter of baby rats on Facebook.  I had already decided to pick these guys up, but then I saw a post she replied to made by a snake owner looking for feeder mice that read, "My baby rats are about the size of mice."  Ugh!  That sealed the deal, I had to save at least 2 lives.  This person said she breeds rats a lot.  Obviously she doesn't care about the rats, only the money, if she is willing to sell them for snake food.   :cry:  I love my little guys, though.  They've only been with me 6 days and they're already bigger, growing like weeds!  Here's a pic from the night I brought them home. 

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2012, 10:17:19 PM »
Goodness what sweet little rattie faces!!!!

Offline celticowgirl88

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »
Welcome to my GIANT post  :blush:
Our pets aren't all "rescues," but they are VERY loved. We live on about 40 acres of land in the middle of the woods 3 miles from the nearest town (which has a population of about 350) so our dogs are not fenced. Because of this, shelters won't adopt to us.....but anyways....

I'll start with the equines:
Copper is my old man. He's a quarter horse gelding and has been with me since I was 12 so that's almost 13 years. He is about 20 years old now. He's kinda grummy unless food is around but he loves dunking his head under water and loves little kids as well.

Tequila is my American Paint Horse stallion. I've had him since he was a little under a year and he is 9 now. He loves getting dirty and is picky when it comes to new treats. This suites Copper just fine because he will eat anything!

My boys:

Geddy McDonkey is my stepmom's pet. He's a standard jack and only about 2 1/2 years old. He's a little trouble maker and likes to chase the dogs when they wander into the pasture.

The trio:

Doggies!

Dingo is a girl my stepmom found in a bad part of town. She was a few months old and was running around alone with a piece of yarn around her neck. We think she's a chow x boxer. She has Super dense fur, which is probably why she Loves cold weather. She is kind of shy, likes to mother the other dogs, and enjoys rubbing her lower back area against the bushes and barking while she does it!

Eira is an about 5 year old border collie mix. She was dumped in our yard as a tiny puppy in the middle of winter. It doesn't snow very often in Mississippi and it snowed that night so her name means snow in celtic. She runs like the wind and loves to chase deer. She has a mentality much like a cat in that she doesn't want to bothered very much and only shows affection on her terms. To her, a tail wag is enough to show you her love :)
Here she is the night I found her in the bushes:

Her now:

Sweet girls:

George is technically my grandparents' beagle. They live through the woods behind our house. Because he is their only dog, he stays at our house with all of ours. A few times a week, he goes up the hill to my grandparents' to sleep in the kitchen a few hours and get a snack (he's fed at our house every night.) He often has his tongue hanging out when his mouth is closed and howls when you come home. He is pretty ancient, I think about 12.

You're home!

Bella is a new girl. She is about a year old and we've only had her about a week. She came from a friend that didn't have time for her and was kinda rambunctious with the kids. She has enough room out here to run that energy out! She's still got to learn about personal space and respect, but she's a sweet girl. We're getting her spayed soon, along with her double dew claws removed as they are an accident waiting to happen out here.
Bringing her home:

Manning is about 6 years old. He's my dad and stepmom's baby. He is pretty slow and sleeps a lot but he's a sweet guy.

Kruger is my fiance's husky/malamute x golden retriever. He is around 10 yrs old. He is really sweet and can sneak onto a bed or couch without you ever knowing... despite his girth :P

I almost forgot Frank the Tank! Not much to say other than he is a sweet baby dachshund we got from family members.

CANLYN! This is my baby. He's a Shetland Sheepdog (sheltie) and turned 3 last May. He means so much to me that he is like my child. He is super smart, knows plenty of tricks, and is very well behaved. He is hesitant with strangers at first, but as soon as you talk in a happy high pitched voice and get down his level he will be your pal!

Me and my boy:

Him & his daddy:

Him with his Canine Good Citizenship certificate:

I'm Winona Applejack!

Finally...

Artanis aka Arty aka Arty Smarty aka Artipuss is my kitty cat. His story began when my mom got a black domestic shorthair tom kitten and a tortoise shell long haired queen kitten. They were brother and sister. Well... my mom had Ben, the male, neutered at about 4 months. She waited to have Jerri, the female, spayed for a couple months due to bills. She and my brother noticed that she seemed to be getting round around the middle.... Long story short... I got a text one night saying we now have two kittens. It was a real shock seeing how different Arty was. Here was a little female kitten short haired like daddy and tortoise shell like mom, then there was Arty...pure white!
I was really afraid that he would be blind or deaf or have some other problem, I told mom that I'd keep him as I wanted a cat anyway and i didn't want him to go to a family and he end up having these problems, so he's mine!
After vet checks he was given the clean bill of health and he has actually become a faint flame point. He is a very handsome boy. Oh, and his name is Sinatra spelled backwards because I'm a fan and his eyes are blue.
The little family:

Canny and Arty are sorta pals...

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:31:14 AM by celticowgirl88 »

Heddwyn ~ Castor

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2012, 09:59:47 PM »
Cucumber, your rats are absolutely gorgeous!  I am a big rat lover (my username comes from one of my old ratty girls, Zenna, who I called "bug."  She lived to be an ancient 4 years old).  I can't believe any breeder would even consider selling her babies for food, how disgusting.  I'm glad you saved your little ones.  *shudder*

celticcowgirl, I am so jealous of your animals!  I have always wanted a horse, your boys are beautiful.  I love your little weenie pup, he looks just like Milo when he was just a wee sausage.  And those pics of Canny and Arty, gah!  Soo cute!  :squee:

Offline celticowgirl88

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2012, 10:42:48 PM »
celticcowgirl, I am so jealous of your animals!  I have always wanted a horse, your boys are beautiful.  I love your little weenie pup, he looks just like Milo when he was just a wee sausage.  And those pics of Canny and Arty, gah!  Soo cute!  :squee:

Aww thanks! We have a big furry family! I love my pony boys :P  I saw pics of your weenie boy & read what you said. I'm not a fan of the breed myself, but Frank the Tank is working on me. Poor Canny has to put up with frequent photo sessions, lol. He is such a good boy! Mr Arty is so hard to photograph, which kills me because he is so pretty, I neeeed to take his picture, haha!

Heddwyn ~ Castor

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal