collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43086 times)

Novavelle

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1050 on: August 30, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
ALRIGHT, RANT TIME. JUST NEED TO RAGE FOR A SECOND.

Today I went to Target, there are two on the same road so I went to the farther away one first.
I brought the DCPI for Howleen and Clawdeen and asked for assistance. A woman came by and rudely raised her voice at me exclaiming that they do NOT sell things from the back and she will not check for me. I'd have to come back next week.
We went to the next Target where an older gentleman who was really nice checked fthe DCPI or me on their computer. He said "Oh! I know who these are, the werewolf girls. These were on the shelf this morning, but they appear to not be in stock in the back anymore. I'll go check the shelf for you they should be right here. If not, bring this DCPI number to the front desk and they can check the other Target's (the one I was at earlier) stock and see if they have one they can hold for you."
None left on the shelf so the woman at the front desk looked on their computers. "Yes, they appear to have 4 in their back room right now. I don't understand why they would refuse to hold one for you, it's not a big deal and they are priced and in their system. I'll call over for you."
She calls over to the other Target and gets on the phone with someone at their guest services, somehow gets them to get one out of the back room, hold it for me and tells me to drive back over. I'm super excited at this point and the woman at the desk is still confused as to why the other woman did not even check for me to see if they had any and why they wouldn't sell from the back when they're not an unpriced new product.
We drive back over, walk to guest services and the woman asks "You're here for some dolls? Ok let me call the toy section manager. I don't see them here."
Apparently they had actually taken them out of the back room and PUT THEM BACK IN. The toy section manager, who was apparently the same woman who borderline yelled at me, came back out to talk to me. At this point, my partner who rarely gets angry is beyond furious at her. We had been driving around like idiots for a toy they DO have and refuse to sell to us even though they confirmed that they were holding one for me. Then she has the nerve to LIE to us saying that "We don't sell things out of the back room, I already told both of you this. It's against Target policy and they're not even priced yet. We DO NOT SELL THINGS OUT OF THE BACK ROOM, I AM SORRY."
The man at the other Target CONFIRMED to us their price and that the one at the Target with the angry lady were priced.
We ended up leaving after talking to her, called a Target 30 minutes away (we were already 40 minutes from home, orz.) and asked if they had them in stock. He said the store had two and they would hold them for us no problem. Walk in, they're on the Electronics section counter, we paid and walked out. Absolutely no problem, the man said they don't have any policies against selling items if they're not on the shelf and if they are in stock and in the system.
I am never going to that Target again~ :'D

I would go OUT of my way to report that person... and explain how irate you are that that idiot is allowed to be a manager... how rude... I'd have insisted to see someone above her just on principal alone, then I would have explained why I would never be shopping at their target again.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #1051 on: August 30, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
ALRIGHT, RANT TIME. JUST NEED TO RAGE FOR A SECOND.

Today I went to Target, there are two on the same road so I went to the farther away one first....

Oooh... did you go to the one at the RI Mall first?  They've given me trouble there in the past and won't get stuff that's definitely in the back.  The older one, across from Chili's, is where I got mine the other night, and when the guy who was helping me was talking to the backroom, he said "I'm coming back, I need at least a case of the werewolves to put out here for them."  I wonder if it was the same guy?
I went to the one that's connected to the Warwick mall first... At least now I know you've gotten trouble from them too. The one across Chilis/Petsmart was the one that tried to call the other one for me and had the nice people that were totally confused as to why they wouldn't sell me them.
I had to drive to Lincoln to get the sisters. ;A;

Yep, Warwick Mall is what I meant.  They're terrible over there.  When I tried to get the Scary Tales the guy I dealt with told me "If it doesn't have a space, it's not coming out of the back room for you."  Unfortunately they usually have more MH stuff on their shelves, and it's right next to Red Robin, so we go their more often, even though the other one is closer to us.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 30, 2012, 08:33:18 PM »
I was reading on another forum over the weekend (of course I can't remember/find it now) that Robecca's penguin comes with either a black or gold backpack.  Anybody know if that's true?  (See completist self-proclamation above LOL!)  I was wondering if maybe it was a promo or custom or something...heaven help me if its actually real!  :)

Ooh intriguing! Could it be a different factory/batch thing?
My Robecca's penguin has a black backpack. What does it usually have?

Mine also has black, I'm curious to see if anyone has gotten a gold one...
our penguin has a gold backpack.
My penguin's backback is the same color as his/her body.  The only painted parts are the eyes and the beak.  Oversights or more laziness on Mattel's part?  Hmmm....   :hmm:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Huh. So the mystery continues. I still wonder which one is the more common of the two. I'll check in the morning, but I'm not sure if the backpack is painted or the plastic itself is actually black. Curiouser and curiouser...
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 30, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
I was reading on another forum over the weekend (of course I can't remember/find it now) that Robecca's penguin comes with either a black or gold backpack.  Anybody know if that's true?  (See completist self-proclamation above LOL!)  I was wondering if maybe it was a promo or custom or something...heaven help me if its actually real!  :)

Ooh intriguing! Could it be a different factory/batch thing?
My Robecca's penguin has a black backpack. What does it usually have?

Mine also has black, I'm curious to see if anyone has gotten a gold one...
our penguin has a gold backpack.
My penguin's backback is the same color as his/her body.  The only painted parts are the eyes and the beak.  Oversights or more laziness on Mattel's part?  Hmmm....   :hmm:

Huh. So the mystery continues. I still wonder which one is the more common of the two. I'll check in the morning, but I'm not sure if the backpack is painted or the plastic itself is actually black. Curiouser and curiouser...

For those with the gold unpainted backpack, what store did you get them from?  I'm wondering if its certain retailers or a running production change or ???

Definitely curious!

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 30, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »
I got mine from Target.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 30, 2012, 09:15:26 PM »
Mine with the black backpack came from TRU.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 30, 2012, 09:17:44 PM »
My Captain Penny has a black backpack and I got Robecca at Walmart.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 30, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »
I am so jelly of you guys that are running around buying th werewolf sets.. I'll be going to a target tomorrow think I might have a chance of seeing if they have them? What do I do? just ask someone if they can check to see if they have them in stock with the dcpi number??

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 30, 2012, 09:41:05 PM »
I am so jelly of you guys that are running around buying th werewolf sets.. I'll be going to a target tomorrow think I might have a chance of seeing if they have them? What do I do? just ask someone if they can check to see if they have them in stock with the dcpi number??

Find an employee and tell them you saw that the item was in stock, but you're having difficulty finding it, then give them the DCPI number and see if they'll check the back.

Offline cloverofmist

• Trade Count: (+97)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 30, 2012, 09:45:53 PM »

Find an employee and tell them you saw that the item was in stock, but you're having difficulty finding it, then give them the DCPI number and see if they'll check the back.

Oh so I shouldnt say all my friends have been buying this set and i cant seem to find it lol.. ok thanks for the advice I will see if I come home with atleast one :)

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 30, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »

Oh so I shouldnt say all my friends have been buying this set and i cant seem to find it lol.. ok thanks for the advice I will see if I come home with atleast one :)

LOL bust that out when they act hesitant!  I did! I was like "yeah, I saw everyone online has been finding them at other targets."

I just deboxed mine, and Howleen's forearm falls off every time I move her arm. Boo and Hiss.  Here goes my first Mattel complaint.

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 30, 2012, 09:54:18 PM »
I think that once I am able to afford a new camera, I am going to really delve into mh photography. These dolls have so much personality in their faces, and take such beautiful pictures. Plus, my mom has the most awsome, huge garden, so Venus is goin to be a very good subject;)
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Novavelle

« Reply #1062 on: August 30, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »
so they're just hiding in the back of the store? well isn't that some B.S. I've had my set since they came out in like march or whenever... but that's not the point... they should be out on the shelves.

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 30, 2012, 11:24:41 PM »
Anyone else that have thought about that Cleo doesn't seem to be in any of the announced 2013 releases?

The only one where no dolls have been announced is the "Swim Assortment" , And I feel bad for Cleo if she only end up in a swimming outfit with all of these awesome new lines

I too really would be sad if they give her just another swimsuit release. Is it a question of buyer popularity? I feel that her character would be suited to traveling and seeing the sights of Scaris and whatnot. Not even a two pack
 fashion forward with Nefera? Ooh that sounds neat!

Frankie Stein

« Reply #1064 on: August 30, 2012, 11:45:35 PM »
@ mlpcrazy- I got mine at walmart my penguins backpack is black ... I didn't know they came in 2 colors! How strange?!

@Chi- im glad it worked out in the end, if someone gave me an uncalled for attitude for NO REASON I would have returned the favor... lol Then went to the -blank- that hired this (sarcasm) AWESOME employee and promoted them to a manager.... Manager what!?!!?! For all we know this "manager" may have kept them in back to scalp them off later!  :stressed: Roar moment! XD

You would think since Nefera and Howleens body types are differn't then the regular MH dolls they would have some fashion packs released to actually CHANGE there look up once ina while... The guys need to get more FPs in my opinion too  ^.^
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:49:06 PM by Frankie Stein »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal