collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43087 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1020 on: August 29, 2012, 08:29:18 PM »
Yay for awesome daddies, Flutterwonder!

And those Ghoulia dolls above actually look cute! Daresay I get over my dislike of this doll and maybe invest in one? Could be possible. Especially because I now think she's freakin' hilarious in the show. I didn't realize how....random it is. Love it!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 29, 2012, 08:52:33 PM »
I knew from the very begining, this would be an "all or nothing" collection for me.  I came in at the very begining and had the chance to get them all and keep up.  That's the goal.  Keep up.  In fact, Christmas 2010, my in-laws (who go all out) asked what I wanted.  I said I wasn't sure if I wanted to start down this road or not but, MH dolls. 

I wish I wasn't a completionist sometimes.  I got the first 8 dolls all at once.  I don't have a "my first doll."  Everyone here has a favorite, or a least favorite.  I don't.  Some people have stories and memories attached to their dolls, and I don't have that either.  When you buy in bulk, you lose alot from the doll buying and owning experience.

Other than the hunt (and the money!), I'm glad to be a completionist. There may come a time where I just focus on certain dolls, but right now I love having all of them. Well, almost all. I slowed down a bit over the last month, to focus on a few things. But I'll be caught up again soon.

I do find that I buy my dolls in groups whenever I can, but I still find ways to enjoy them, or appreciate their individual details. Each line has a fave and a least fave. I have characters I adore (Lagoona, Venus and Operetta), lines I find more "meh" (RM and GB). And I tend to have three "head canons" running; the diary/webisode one, one where the dolls are self-aware as dolls, and one that mimics a TV show, similar to Pretty Little Liars or Gossip Girl. Not that I "play" with them, as in set them up (although I'm sure my bff is convinced I do), but when I'm styling them, or rearranging my doll shelves, little storylines pop into my head.

Anyway, I think everyone has their own way of enjoying their collection. You shouldn't feel bad if your way doesn't include having a "first doll" memory, or if you don't take elaborate NTM photo shoots :)

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 29, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »
I can't tell by looking at the hair, but I'll take your word for it that it's saran.  If it is, I'd say she's pretty rare.  When I got mine, Christmas 2010, she was already being produced with Kanekalon.  I'm no expert though!  Congrats.  I'd like to own both, just to "feel" the difference (even if I'm not a big fan of the face-up.)

Yeah, it's hard to see in photos, and even in real life it doesn't smack you in the face. But I did notice when I was rearranging them that her hair was different. So I got her and the other Ghoulia out and made my husband feel her. He said that there was a difference [and he liked the kanekalon better] I had noticed her front part was a *little* different than the other signature Ghoulia's, so that's what made me take notice. That and her hips are elastic strung with white elastic, and the other Ghoulia has black elastic. [dunno if that matters?]

I purchased my signature Ghoulia shortly after she began popping up on shelves and mine definitely has saran hair as well. From what I've seen, Mattel only produced her this way for a very limited window before switching them over to kanekalon, so she is something of a rarity. Congrats on your find. :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:13:30 PM by Mandy85 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 29, 2012, 11:14:32 PM »
You guys are lucky you can return stuff for a full refund just because you feel like it. The stores in this country tend more towards the "all sales are final" type of policy. Many of them will only accept returns if there's something wrong with the product.

Here in Sweden the return policy is that you can return it within 30 days but you can't always get your money back. Though you can get a voucher for the amount to spend in the store again. But most stores do accept returns, but then the product must be just as new or it has to be flawed. But I wished we could do like you US guys can XD

Also I haven't bought a doll now since I got my last ones (this Monday HAHA XD). But now I feel so weird not having something that I'm waiting for in the mail... Maybe time for a new doll?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:21:10 PM by amenoo »

Adoptable made by me

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 29, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »
And I tend to have three "head canons" running; the diary/webisode one, one where the dolls are self-aware as dolls, and one that mimics a TV show, similar to Pretty Little Liars or Gossip Girl. Not that I "play" with them, as in set them up (although I'm sure my bff is convinced I do), but when I'm styling them, or rearranging my doll shelves, little storylines pop into my head.

Anyway, I think everyone has their own way of enjoying their collection. You shouldn't feel bad if your way doesn't include having a "first doll" memory, or if you don't take elaborate NTM photo shoots :)

My MH headcanon is where they're self-aware as dolls too  ^.^ I get that storylines popping into your head thing... I randomly think of stuff they must get up to when I'm not home :blush: And my family/friends would think I'm totally nutters if I told them that. Thank goodness for you guys XD

Toy Story was totally a true story, btw.  ;)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: August 30, 2012, 01:45:06 AM »
And I tend to have three "head canons" running; the diary/webisode one, one where the dolls are self-aware as dolls, and one that mimics a TV show, similar to Pretty Little Liars or Gossip Girl. Not that I "play" with them, as in set them up (although I'm sure my bff is convinced I do), but when I'm styling them, or rearranging my doll shelves, little storylines pop into my head.

My MH headcanon is where they're self-aware as dolls too  ^.^ I get that storylines popping into your head thing... I randomly think of stuff they must get up to when I'm not home :blush: And my family/friends would think I'm totally nutters if I told them that. Thank goodness for you guys XD

Toy Story was totally a true story, btw.  ;)

In that particular head canon, the dolls only travel as far as each other's shelves. And each version has his or her own personality. 2.0 Lala, for example, is calm and serene. But signature Lala is a drama queen. She's particularly sensitive to discussions about purses, since she only came with an umbrella. And it's not even useful for sun protection, since it doesn't open :P

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #1026 on: August 30, 2012, 01:50:48 AM »
Here in Sweden the return policy is that you can return it within 30 days but you can't always get your money back. Though you can get a voucher for the amount to spend in the store again. But most stores do accept returns, but then the product must be just as new or it has to be flawed. But I wished we could do like you US guys can XD
Lucky. In most cases, the only way I'd be able to return something is by lying and saying that it was a gift but that the recipient already had it. "I don't want it after all" wouldn't wash.

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: August 30, 2012, 07:28:28 AM »
I was reading on another forum over the weekend (of course I can't remember/find it now) that Robecca's penguin comes with either a black or gold backpack.  Anybody know if that's true?  (See completist self-proclamation above LOL!)  I was wondering if maybe it was a promo or custom or something...heaven help me if its actually real!  :)

Ooh intriguing! Could it be a different factory/batch thing?
My Robecca's penguin has a black backpack. What does it usually have?
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #1028 on: August 30, 2012, 08:10:39 AM »
I can't tell by looking at the hair, but I'll take your word for it that it's saran.  If it is, I'd say she's pretty rare.  When I got mine, Christmas 2010, she was already being produced with Kanekalon.  I'm no expert though!  Congrats.  I'd like to own both, just to "feel" the difference (even if I'm not a big fan of the face-up.)

Yeah, it's hard to see in photos, and even in real life it doesn't smack you in the face. But I did notice when I was rearranging them that her hair was different. So I got her and the other Ghoulia out and made my husband feel her. He said that there was a difference [and he liked the kanekalon better] I had noticed her front part was a *little* different than the other signature Ghoulia's, so that's what made me take notice. That and her hips are elastic strung with white elastic, and the other Ghoulia has black elastic. [dunno if that matters?]

I purchased my signature Ghoulia shortly after she began popping up on shelves and mine definitely has saran hair as well. From what I've seen, Mattel only produced her this way for a very limited window before switching them over to kanekalon, so she is something of a rarity. Congrats on your find. :)
Hm, now I'm curious as I have 2 sig Ghoulias as well, (one of which is still in her box, I just wanted her stock mostly). Is the difference just that the kanekalon is softer? I don't think I've ever really had anything to compare to, as I primarily have Ghoulias.

Offline gustystarr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
  • An eccentric whose quite fine with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 30, 2012, 08:22:20 AM »

Hm, now I'm curious as I have 2 sig Ghoulias as well, (one of which is still in her box, I just wanted her stock mostly). Is the difference just that the kanekalon is softer? I don't think I've ever really had anything to compare to, as I primarily have Ghoulias.
Hello everyone randomly popping into this topic if you don't mind. That stuff about a saran haired Ghoulia intrest me. You see I got her back in early October 2010 before knowing that she even existed meaning she must be a rather earily verson so I'm thinking it may be likely that she has saran hair. Is there any real way to tell the diffrence? I have noticed her hair is sightly diffrent from some of my other dolls but I don't know if that really means anything.

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: August 30, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
I just did the inventory check fr the weresister pack on target.com, and instead of saying out of stock, this time it says not available. Whats the difference?
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 30, 2012, 09:29:33 AM »
I just did the inventory check fr the weresister pack on target.com, and instead of saying out of stock, this time it says not available. Whats the difference?
I believe not available means there is no stock of the item at that store, and they will not (or do not believe) they will be getting it. Don't quote me on that though >_>;

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: August 30, 2012, 09:51:47 AM »
Does anyone know if toys r us is still getting shipments of the Werecat twins?  I passed on them a few months ago, and now I'm having regret, lol

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:42 AM »
Anyone else that have thought about that Cleo doesn't seem to be in any of the announced 2013 releases?

Superghouls - Clawdeen, Spectra and Toralei?

Ghoul's Alive - Clawdeen, Frankie and Spectra

Dance Class - Lagoona, Operetta, Howleen and Robecca

Scaris, City of Frights (deluxe) - Rochelle, Frankie, Clawdeen, Jinafire, Skelita

Scaris, City of Fright (Economy) - Abbey, Draculaura, Ghoulia

The only one where no dolls have been announced is the "Swim Assortment" , And I feel bad for Cleo if she only end up in a swimming outfit with all of these awesome new lines

Adoptable made by me

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 30, 2012, 09:55:13 AM »
Does anyone know if toys r us is still getting shipments of the Werecat twins?  I passed on them a few months ago, and now I'm having regret, lol

In the UK, we had tonnes in my particulare TRU, that was last month. Honestly, the place was teaming! Now, there are none so I think ours isn't getting more stock- replaced by CAM add on lab, and roller maze frankie+ ghoulia :huh:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal