collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43166 times)

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #1005 on: August 29, 2012, 05:17:30 PM »
If I had the room and the funds to - I'd probably keep every single doll I buy too. If it weren't for the sales I make on nudes I wouldn't be able to keep up with collecting like I have been.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 29, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »
Kohl's has coupons nearly every week- I figure that's why their prices are inflated >.<

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1007 on: August 29, 2012, 05:27:54 PM »
One of each character? Yeah, sounds alright to me with maybe an exception here or there. I love a lot of the signatures and maybe SS Lagoona, but I'm not really interested in buying the same doll over and over and over again just to get a new outfit or something.  :huh: Maybe it'll change at some point, but I don't know.

Offline mlpcrazy

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 29, 2012, 06:12:18 PM »
I started out being all like "only the ones I like" but that didn't last too long...I started liking them all!  I'm also a completist, so I wasn't shocked when I started down this path that it turned into "all or nothing."

I was reading on another forum over the weekend (of course I can't remember/find it now) that Robecca's penguin comes with either a black or gold backpack.  Anybody know if that's true?  (See completist self-proclamation above LOL!)  I was wondering if maybe it was a promo or custom or something...heaven help me if its actually real!  :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 29, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »
Love reading about which character everyone has the most of :lol: For me, the most is a tie, 8 Lalas and 8 Frankies :faint:

I also neeeeed every Rochelle and Spectra (which is pretty easy so far XD)

Huh... the Kohl's prices are regular price in Canada :)

This  ^^; *dies of sad*

I was reading on another forum over the weekend (of course I can't remember/find it now) that Robecca's penguin comes with either a black or gold backpack.  Anybody know if that's true?  (See completist self-proclamation above LOL!)  I was wondering if maybe it was a promo or custom or something...heaven help me if its actually real!  :)

Ooh intriguing! Could it be a different factory/batch thing?
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1010 on: August 29, 2012, 06:56:44 PM »
Our Kohl's majorly overprices. Found Cupid there for $35.  :shocked:

I also found a Spectra at yet another Kohl's whose face was all sorts of screwed up. No idea how much they were charging for her, but it's obviously too much. She had been stuffed all the way to the back of the shelf behind at least 5 other dolls. I was going to look for a ghost CAM eventually, but maybe if she's there when I go back and they're willing to sell her for below retail I'll snatch her and give her a snazzy makeover!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 29, 2012, 07:22:19 PM »
Kohl's has coupons nearly every week- I figure that's why their prices are inflated >.<

I used to know someone who worked at Kohl's.  She said everything's "on sale" all the time.  There is a span of time when everything must go back to regular retail (something about the law.  Things cannot constantly be "on sale" so to get around the law, they put everything back, once in a while.)  The "sale" price is actually what you would see at Wal-mart and K-mart.  Plus like DiamondDreams said, they send out coupons, and have deals with their credit card holders.  The only time it pays to shop there is when they are having storewide sales, and you have a coupon in hand.  I gave my in-laws photos of the new Killer Style dolls (promo, and in box) and asked them to grab them for me when they've got a 50% off coupon.  I'm not paying $20 for Killer Style dolls.

I knew from the very begining, this would be an "all or nothing" collection for me.  I came in at the very begining and had the chance to get them all and keep up.  That's the goal.  Keep up.  In fact, Christmas 2010, my in-laws (who go all out) asked what I wanted.  I said I wasn't sure if I wanted to start down this road or not but, MH dolls. 

I wish I wasn't a completionist sometimes.  I got the first 8 dolls all at once.  I don't have a "my first doll."  Everyone here has a favorite, or a least favorite.  I don't.  Some people have stories and memories attached to their dolls, and I don't have that either.  When you buy in bulk, you lose alot from the doll buying and owning experience.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1012 on: August 29, 2012, 07:36:47 PM »
Just noticed something about this new Ghoulia -

Signature Ghoulias by reidelsol, on Flickr

I got her from eBay [back when I had money] and she just arrived. She is a signature-style doll, but is wearing the comic book fashion pack [Ghoulia on the right]. Her hair isn't kanekalon. Does this mean she is an original release Ghoulia? Like, my other signature Ghoulia [on the left] has kanekalon hair. Is this saran-haired ghoul rare? [I'm just curious, I don't collect for rarity]

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 29, 2012, 07:40:51 PM »
Loving my new sig Spectra soooo much. Her face is just breathtaking! She had some wonky box hair at first, due to VERY slopping packing, but after brushing her hair out (and having a scare with some hair loss :shocked:), she looks beautiful.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 29, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »
I can't tell by looking at the hair, but I'll take your word for it that it's saran.  If it is, I'd say she's pretty rare.  When I got mine, Christmas 2010, she was already being produced with Kanekalon.  I'm no expert though!  Congrats.  I'd like to own both, just to "feel" the difference (even if I'm not a big fan of the face-up.)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #1015 on: August 29, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »
I can't tell by looking at the hair, but I'll take your word for it that it's saran.  If it is, I'd say she's pretty rare.  When I got mine, Christmas 2010, she was already being produced with Kanekalon.  I'm no expert though!  Congrats.  I'd like to own both, just to "feel" the difference (even if I'm not a big fan of the face-up.)

Yeah, it's hard to see in photos, and even in real life it doesn't smack you in the face. But I did notice when I was rearranging them that her hair was different. So I got her and the other Ghoulia out and made my husband feel her. He said that there was a difference [and he liked the kanekalon better] I had noticed her front part was a *little* different than the other signature Ghoulia's, so that's what made me take notice. That and her hips are elastic strung with white elastic, and the other Ghoulia has black elastic. [dunno if that matters?]

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #1016 on: August 29, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »
Ohmygosh Ohmygosh Ohmygosh Ohmygosh! *insert rainbow dash here* My dad is awesome! He knows I recently took a liking to monster high, and when he had to go to Wal-Mart he said he would check, and guess who he found for me? Signiture Abbey! :shocked:
I'm currently at my mom's so I haven't met her yet, but OH MY GOSH!

I have a nagging feeling he either isn't telling the truth (which would be completely out of character) or he searched the entire state looking for her!  :( He said she was less then $20 dollars though and the doll he describes was definitely signature abbey (fur on arms and legs, little mammoth in the box, he even commented that the dress was very short, haha)! So yay! Apparently she was pretty much the last doll, hidden on the bottom shelf! It seems very unlikely, since every walmart I've been to has been picked over with nothing but CAMs and sweet 1600 dolls, with no signatures what-so-ever.

Does this seem to good to be true??

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 29, 2012, 08:04:48 PM »
My Walmart always has Sig. Abbey when they restock, so it's definitely not impossible. Your dad is awesome for finding her for you!
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #1018 on: August 29, 2012, 08:05:58 PM »
My Walmart always has Sig. Abbey when they restock, so it's definitely not impossible. Your dad is awesome for finding her for you!

Yes he is, but I'll feel bad if he spend a long time going to multiple stores!

Post Merge: August 29, 2012, 08:14:53 PM

Our Kohl's majorly overprices. Found Cupid there for $35.  :shocked:

I also found a Spectra at yet another Kohl's whose face was all sorts of screwed up. No idea how much they were charging for her, but it's obviously too much. She had been stuffed all the way to the back of the shelf behind at least 5 other dolls. I was going to look for a ghost CAM eventually, but maybe if she's there when I go back and they're willing to sell her for below retail I'll snatch her and give her a snazzy makeover!

$35?? That's nearly scalper price! And to think Kohls is usually the place to find deals....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:14:53 PM by Flutterwonder13 »

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 29, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »
I've been seeing alot of sig Abby around here in town, so I'm thinking she is fairly common right now.
One doll I can say for sure I will never own is 1600 Clawdeen. Eery store I go into has her, and not just one of her either! The walmart closest to me musb have like 10 of her on the shelf. I am so sick and tired of seeing her >_<

3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal