collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 38511 times)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 19, 2012, 11:43:58 PM »
On a side note, would anyone be willing to sell me the little skeleton that comes with Ghouls Rule Lala? I was after one on eBay, but someone's just outbid me at $8, which seems a bit high. I'd prefer to pay $6 or less. Anyone?
I don't plan on keeping the skeleton when I get GR Lala, but it'll be another two weeks or so before I can buy her.  If you didn't mind waiting, I can sell it to you once I get her.
That's cool. I have another possible one lined up, so if that falls through, I'd definitely be interested in buying the skeleton off you. That being said, there's no reason I couldn't have two skeletons, is there? :lookround:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:47:06 PM by pukunui »

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #301 on: August 19, 2012, 11:48:44 PM »
On a side note, would anyone be willing to sell me the little skeleton that comes with Ghouls Rule Lala? I was after one on eBay, but someone's just outbid me at $8, which seems a bit high. I'd prefer to pay $6 or less. Anyone?
I don't plan on keeping the skeleton when I get GR Lala, but it'll be another two weeks or so before I can buy her.  If you didn't mind waiting, I can sell it to you once I get her.
That's cool. I have another possible one lined up, so if that falls through, I'd definitely be interested in buying the skeleton off you.

Looks like a few beat me to offering you mine -puku lying in a pile of skeletons- lol :P While were on that subject. Why does the skeleton come with 2 head bows instead of just 1? Is there something else im not seeing that the second bow is for?! XD

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 20, 2012, 12:00:35 AM »
Looks like a few beat me to offering you mine -puku lying in a pile of skeletons- lol :P While were on that subject. Why does the skeleton come with 2 head bows instead of just 1? Is there something else im not seeing that the second bow is for?! XD
How many extras do you have and how much would you want for them?

Yeah, it would make sense if the bows were different colors. Maybe one is an extra in case you lose the first one?

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #303 on: August 20, 2012, 12:23:17 AM »
How many extras do you have and how much would you want for them?

Yeah, it would make sense if the bows were different colors. Maybe one is an extra in case you lose the first one?

I have 1. If your other offers dont go through I will sell you mine ^.^ don't want much, its a little skeleton and it going over $8 is pretty insane!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 20, 2012, 12:39:45 AM »
I have 1. If your other offers dont go through I will sell you mine ^.^ don't want much, its a little skeleton and it going over $8 is pretty insane!
I could always have three ...  :help:

Offline CasseminaPie

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Cassemina's Corner
« Reply #305 on: August 20, 2012, 12:48:58 AM »
That's cool. I have another possible one lined up, so if that falls through, I'd definitely be interested in buying the skeleton off you.

I think I saw somewhere they double as earrings for Lala :)
Come visit my blog!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2012, 01:44:53 AM »
I think I saw somewhere they double as earrings for Lala :)

Oh! That's cute  ^.^ So anyone know what that little blue thinger that comes with GR Frankie is? :D Another earring? (I haven't deboxed mine yet to really see)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2012, 01:48:25 AM »
Oh! That's cute  ^.^ So anyone know what that little blue thinger that comes with GR Frankie is? :D Another earring? (I haven't deboxed mine yet to really see)
Someone suggested somewhere that it was a prize ribbon or something.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 20, 2012, 05:11:32 AM »
Yayyy! I found nefera today! There was also Operetta and Rochelle in that store but I only had money for one, so I took Nefera. She's pretty but I think I'll give her a new make up, not too keen on her teal lipstick.

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 20, 2012, 05:33:10 AM »
I would take a skeleton or two if you guys still have any!

Offline pukunui

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 20, 2012, 06:29:46 AM »

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
WOW! My new fav picture by you Puku! It looks awesome!!

Adoptable made by me

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 20, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »
I've only had the glue issue with one doll and that was my wave one Frankie. (I ended up rerooting her and have had zero issues with the rest of my dolls.)

I don't fully understand how this issue arises since, to my knowledge, glue doesn't just become soft and melt over time? I got my Spectra around the same time as Frankie at the end of last year and Spectra's hair is perfect. (Haven't washed it or anything)

I'd think it would be more of an issue if someone were to boil their doll's hair since that could definitely soften the glue... especially if they are left exposed to the water too long.

If you purchased your Spectra last year then you may be one of the lucky ones who got one that came out of China. For a small window of time, the dolls coming out of this country (rather than Indonesia) had no glue in their heads. From what I've seen/heard their hair was traditionally woven inside the scalp. They've seemed to have matched the techniques of the Indonesian manufacturers since this time however, as all dolls have glue in their heads now. :huh:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:59:11 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 20, 2012, 01:01:54 PM »
Someone suggested somewhere that it was a prize ribbon or something.

Aha! Thanks XD

That sucks about the China-made dolls having glue now too  >_< Well, since they switched from woven rooting to glue, surely they can all switch back if we all make enough of a stink...  :stressed:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »

high voltage by pukunui81, on Flickr

I love that picture!  That makes me want that skirt and top even more now.  *looks at bank account* must...resist......not...working XD

Post Merge: August 20, 2012, 01:18:49 PM

That sucks about the China-made dolls having glue now too  >_< Well, since they switched from woven rooting to glue, surely they can all switch back if we all make enough of a stink...  :stressed:

I hope so, I hate that glue stuff.  I finished dehairing a Cleo last night and that glue is some of the awfullest crud to work with.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:18:49 PM by bewilderness »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal