collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43151 times)

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: August 19, 2012, 09:29:40 AM »
That is a stunning picture of Robecca SweetScoops! All of these awesome pictures of the new ghouls is making me pine for them even more xD

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2012, 09:30:35 AM »
All these great close-up shots of Robecca make me want her. She's seriously gorgeous.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2012, 09:50:13 AM »
This may sound a bit silly, but has anyone thought about starting a Change.org petition to Mattel regarding the glue? A lot of the petitions there usually get noticed by the company/persons they're petitioning against and things get accomplished from that. I know it's just an internet petition but when you have thousands and thousands of people signing it, it can be a little hard to ignore.
We'd just need to be sure to get all of the reasons why the glue can be harmful to children, mainly. How we shouldn't need strong adhesive removers in order to get it off, what happens when it gets on the hands of children and adults, etc..  :blush:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:04:19 AM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Icicle

• Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 19, 2012, 10:43:09 AM »
Chi, that is an amazing idea! That coupled with a Facebook group would be rather powerful, since I know plenty of people that hate Facebook and I'm sure that there's MH fans hidden somewhere that feel the same and wouldn't really wanna join FB just for that, but would sign a petition. Hopefully we can get this together, I would most certainly sign it and pass the message along if someone can put it together.. I'm awful at that sort of stuff xD

Burgundy_Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »
Regarding the Clean and Clear, I think Icecrystalline is referring to this one:

http://www.acnetreatmentreviewer.com/clean-and-clear/

I haven't noticed any glue in my dolls' hair yet, touch wood! Having said that I don't mess around with them much (tend to just pose and display them) so maybe I simply haven't noticed  :huh:

My parents received a Royal Mail card on Friday saying I had a package that needed custom fees paying so looks like Scarah and Hoodude have finally arrived! I won't be seeing them for a few days though so will have to wait a bit longer until I get my hands on them.

I'm definitely opening my set. I never plan to sell anything I buy, and I have lost value on some dolls when I lost interest in them. The way I see it though, is they still sell for more than I paid so it's not like I've lost anything. I think I will keep the box on this occasion though as it seems a shame to get rid of it. I love MH packaging but when I last moved it seemed a bit daft getting the moving men to transport them for me!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2012, 10:50:22 AM »
My 1600 LaLa had a lovely grease stain behind her head in the package. -sigh- I guess now I'll just wait until her hair is ruined. She's the first of my dolls to have any hint of "the issue" (knock on wood!), but it's possible that it was just the copious amounts of gel they put in her hair. It was all over her face, too. Thankfully it wiped right off, but the gel is kinda gross, too. I'd sign a petition for the glue, though, becuase it's making me worried to buy more dolls until the problem is fixed. And I can totally see how a parent would be reluctant to give a doll seeping who-knows-what's-in-it glue all over the place to their child. Gross!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:29 AM »
I'm seriously annoyed that, when presented with the issue that children play with these dolls and they have glue weeping from their scalps, Mattel simply says, "It's non-toxic."

Be that as it may, if a child is playing with their Monster High dolls and then don't wash their hands before they eat or they bite their nails or for some other reason that stuff gets in their mouth or (heaven forbid) their eyes, I doubt it will remain so harmless! Kids are kids, they aren't thinking they need to wash their hands after every play with their toys and that makes this glue possibly dangerous. It won't kill them, but it could definitely make them sick.

Ai from Aurora

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »
... urg ... now you've all got me scared ... my Venus had the grease spot behind her head when i opened her *face palm* GAH!
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »
I have had dolls with grease spots but I don't think that's seepage. I've worked with saran hair and it's very oily. The grease spots are most likely leftover oils from the manufacturing of the hair itself. A quick wash usually gets rid of the excess oils.

As for the petition I'd be too afraid to start myself.. :(
We would also have to be sure to gather as much information as possible regarding the glue itself, what we have to do to even remotely affect it, what peoples children have to say about it, what happens when it gets on other furniture. Ew I can't imagine how gross it would be if it got stuck in carpet, clothing or human hair..
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 12:54:22 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline amenoo

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2012, 01:38:25 PM »
My ST dolls are  coming this week I'm pretty sure, and I'm sooo excited!!

Adoptable made by me

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »
Robeccas face is stunning! O__O I've been playing with her all day, and her hair i so soft! <3 She's really really growing on me!

Def stunning! My parents stopped by my place yesterday, and of all my ghouls, the one my mom liked best was Robecca!

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 19, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »

I was looking for the "like"- button but remembered I'm not on facebook XD That's great news anyway :) *hitting imaginary like-button*
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #282 on: August 19, 2012, 01:52:38 PM »

I was looking for the "like"- button but remembered I'm not on facebook XD That's great news anyway :) *hitting imaginary like-button*

:like:

Ai from Aurora

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 19, 2012, 01:54:54 PM »
OMG Look at your Robecca! Seeing her lips always reminds me how mine is flawed and isn't as perfect as yours and that I need to find another one in stores to switch. XP
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

papier

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #284 on: August 19, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »
Regarding the Clean and Clear, I think Icecrystalline is referring to this one:

http://www.acnetreatmentreviewer.com/clean-and-clear/

I haven't noticed any glue in my dolls' hair yet, touch wood! Having said that I don't mess around with them much (tend to just pose and display them) so maybe I simply haven't noticed  :huh:

My parents received a Royal Mail card on Friday saying I had a package that needed custom fees paying so looks like Scarah and Hoodude have finally arrived! I won't be seeing them for a few days though so will have to wait a bit longer until I get my hands on them.

I'm definitely opening my set. I never plan to sell anything I buy, and I have lost value on some dolls when I lost interest in them. The way I see it though, is they still sell for more than I paid so it's not like I've lost anything. I think I will keep the box on this occasion though as it seems a shame to get rid of it. I love MH packaging but when I last moved it seemed a bit daft getting the moving men to transport them for me!

That...is the very facial cleanser I use o_o I will try this out and report back! I'll leave mine in over night to see if it has a greater effect.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal