collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43205 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2012, 02:23:57 PM »
Nefera and Opie are going to be here Thursday! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also, found this on a Monster High forum.

"Warmish water works best, but don't let it get too hot. Cold water should work fine. Try gently rubbing some bar soap, not too much, onto the hair. Make sure there are no bubbles left and then you can take it out of the water. Dry it a little with a towel, so nothing drips, then brush and brush. You don't need to brush until it's dry, just until it's started to dry a little. Then leave her on a piece of paper or towel (to avoid drips) until the hair is completely dry. Give it another quick brush and the hair should look great! If you're in a rush, you can blow dry the hair once it's nearly dry, but only on the lowest setting. I personally wouldn't recommend blow drying."

You can see the whole topic here.

I would love to see some people try this, because it eliminates the need for possibly dangerous chemicals and just uses plain old bar soap. If it really does work, that would be really great for people who have this problem, but aren't comfortable testing products they're not sure about and risking ruining their lovely dolls.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2012, 03:21:50 PM »
Nefera and Opie are going to be here Thursday! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also, found this on a Monster High forum.

"Warmish water works best, but don't let it get too hot. Cold water should work fine. Try gently rubbing some bar soap, not too much, onto the hair. Make sure there are no bubbles left and then you can take it out of the water. Dry it a little with a towel, so nothing drips, then brush and brush. You don't need to brush until it's dry, just until it's started to dry a little. Then leave her on a piece of paper or towel (to avoid drips) until the hair is completely dry. Give it another quick brush and the hair should look great! If you're in a rush, you can blow dry the hair once it's nearly dry, but only on the lowest setting. I personally wouldn't recommend blow drying."

You can see the whole topic here.

I would love to see some people try this, because it eliminates the need for possibly dangerous chemicals and just uses plain old bar soap. If it really does work, that would be really great for people who have this problem, but aren't comfortable testing products they're not sure about and risking ruining their lovely dolls.

I guess I could try this tonight on one of my grease monkeys XD I have used Softsoap though and that didn't work :/ I'll try this in a couple hours :P

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »
Am I the only one disappointed by Ghoul's Rule Abbey?

I dunno..she's got some cute elements but she's so boring! She looks like a slightly glammed up version of signature Abbey in the second fashion pack.

And her make up is boring too. Not the glammy make up like her lips and the snowflake. I like that, but the colors are the same colors they slap on her. The other ghouls get different makeup colors, but her's are always the same!

Though looking at my GR Frankie I guess she has similar makeup to her GB but I dunno.

Hehe, sorry! Random rant. :D

I thought the EXACT same thing! It bothers me soooo much that they never change Abbey's clothing or makeup colors. Ghouls Rule Abbey's outfit is so...I dunno gaudy. looks like somethin an old lady would wear. It looks like a mess. The Abbey that is exclusive to TRU (the one with all the outfits) is awesome, though. I have always wanted Abbey to be in dark lipstick.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2012, 03:43:34 PM »
I guess I could try this tonight on one of my grease monkeys XD I have used Softsoap though and that didn't work :/ I'll try this in a couple hours :P

It does say bar soap. I am wondering if bar soap works better because it's in a solid form, versus a gooey soap that comes in liquid form. If that makes sense?

If you do try it, let us know how it goes. :)

Ai from Aurora

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #319 on: August 20, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »
WOW! My new fav picture by you Puku! It looks awesome!!
I love that picture!  That makes me want that skirt and top even more now.  *looks at bank account* must...resist......not...working XD

Thank you both! Apparently we're not supposed to post photos in this thread anymore, though, so that'll be the last one.  :huh:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:11:47 PM by pukunui »

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #320 on: August 20, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »
What? Why ever not? I'd much rather see your pics than another glue issue post. (Not that it isn't a legit concern or anything, it's just been A LOT of glue issue posts...)

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #321 on: August 20, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »
What? Why ever not? I'd much rather see your pics than another glue issue post. (Not that it isn't a legit concern or anything, it's just been A LOT of glue issue posts...)
We're supposed to only post photos in the pic spam thread now. I got a PM from one of the mods about it.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 20, 2012, 04:13:29 PM »

True. I thought the glue issues were getting their own thread.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #323 on: August 20, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »
Makes sense to me :) It makes sense that discussion of dolls should go here and pictures should go there. I assume photos showing issues with dolls or showing new releases are still okay. But photos of our existing dolls can live in the picspam thread - whole thread of lovely doll eye candy?? Works for me! If that''s the mod's final word, then so mote it be! :like: (and yesplzglueseepagethread)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:28:58 PM by NoDivision »

picklepud

« Reply #324 on: August 20, 2012, 05:17:31 PM »
The bows that come with the Skelly double as earrings for Lala

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:20:20 PM by picklepud »

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #325 on: August 20, 2012, 05:22:33 PM »
Am I the only one disappointed by Ghoul's Rule Abbey?

I dunno..she's got some cute elements but she's so boring! She looks like a slightly glammed up version of signature Abbey in the second fashion pack.

And her make up is boring too. Not the glammy make up like her lips and the snowflake. I like that, but the colors are the same colors they slap on her. The other ghouls get different makeup colors, but her's are always the same!

Though looking at my GR Frankie I guess she has similar makeup to her GB but I dunno.

Hehe, sorry! Random rant. :D

I thought the EXACT same thing! It bothers me soooo much that they never change Abbey's clothing or makeup colors. Ghouls Rule Abbey's outfit is so...I dunno gaudy. looks like somethin an old lady would wear. It looks like a mess. The Abbey that is exclusive to TRU (the one with all the outfits) is awesome, though. I have always wanted Abbey to be in dark lipstick.

Glad I'm not the only one.... I don't have GR Abbey, but from the pictures I've seen of her next to DDG Abbey, I don't need to double up. because these two are SO similar! 

Novavelle

« Reply #326 on: August 20, 2012, 06:25:14 PM »
aw well I like GR abbey and i just found a stack of 6 of them at walmart, though still no ddg pack.... there's always tomorrow to check back.

but if anyone needs a GR abbey I grabbed a few extra for arena members that can't wait but don't wanna pay ebay prices.... so PM me if you need one :)

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 20, 2012, 07:44:51 PM »
Thank you both! Apparently we're not supposed to post photos in this thread anymore, though, so that'll be the last one.  :huh:

Well, to be fair pukunui, you have been posting the exact same photos in both threads. We can admire them in the pic spam thread, that's what it's for, and there's no denying your photography is absolutely beautiful. :heart:

So! Just got back from a shopping trip - had to go get some supplies for a custom swap, and looked for MH while out. Stopped at Target first, nothing really eye-catching, just the CaM double packs & a few SS Ghoulias - I almost grabbed Ghoulia, but I wanted to check other places first. I'm slowly building my MH collection - all I have right now are CaMs, so I passed. Then, we went to Walmart....and oh such a hard decision! The DDG pack was there...couldn't afford that one though. But I also saw GR Abbey - she really is so pretty :3, Rochelle!!!, & Sweet 1600 Cupid. Cupid came home with me. I debated on GR Abbey, but she's new, and so similar to the DDG three-pack Abbey, and I'd like to get the 3-pack I think, so I passed on her. I really really wanted Rochelle, she's one of my favorites, but she had too many eye flaws for me :c, so I went with Cupid. Gotta do something about her hair, but she's a pretty ghoul. I also brought home the Operetta fashion pack - it looks great on my skeleton CaM! I'll get pics for the pic spam thread at some point, but it was nice seeing something new! I always hear y'all talking about these, like GR Abbey and the DDG trio, but never see them when I look, so that was refreshing. Wish I'd had more cash :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:29:28 PM by blackestbird »
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #328 on: August 20, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »
Congrats, BB! I am hoping the next time I go looking and have some money to spend I find better selection at our stores as well. It's always so frustrating when every place has so little MH merch on its shelves.

Ai from Aurora

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 20, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »
Congrats, BB! I am hoping the next time I go looking and have some money to spend I find better selection at our stores as well. It's always so frustrating when every place has so little MH merch on its shelves.

Thank you! I always see the Sweet 1600 sets, that's all my stores ever seem to have, along with the CaMs, but it's always Draculaura and Clawdeen - which there are other versions of that I like better. It was exciting to find Cupid - they had 3 or 4 of her too, I was surprised, because my Walmart's MH section is super small right now. It was nice seeing some variety, I wish all of them could've come home with me xD Good luck on your next trip as well :heart:
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal