collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion Thread  (Read 43149 times)

Burgundy_Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »
Regarding the Clean and Clear, I think Icecrystalline is referring to this one:

http://www.acnetreatmentreviewer.com/clean-and-clear/

I haven't noticed any glue in my dolls' hair yet, touch wood! Having said that I don't mess around with them much (tend to just pose and display them) so maybe I simply haven't noticed  :huh:

My parents received a Royal Mail card on Friday saying I had a package that needed custom fees paying so looks like Scarah and Hoodude have finally arrived! I won't be seeing them for a few days though so will have to wait a bit longer until I get my hands on them.

I'm definitely opening my set. I never plan to sell anything I buy, and I have lost value on some dolls when I lost interest in them. The way I see it though, is they still sell for more than I paid so it's not like I've lost anything. I think I will keep the box on this occasion though as it seems a shame to get rid of it. I love MH packaging but when I last moved it seemed a bit daft getting the moving men to transport them for me!

That...is the very facial cleanser I use o_o I will try this out and report back! I'll leave mine in over night to see if it has a greater effect.

Haha, I use it too! I'm pretty sure that's the one Icecrystalline means anyway  :)

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2012, 04:45:06 PM »
Could anyone give me a pc on mib wave one Lagoona and wave one Frankie?  Thanks!

Anyone?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2012, 04:47:59 PM »
If I were to guess, on ebay I'd say about $50 or higher for each one. Do you plan on selling them??
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:49:55 PM by LuvlyMelody »
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
MIB Lagoonas seem to be around $50+ while the loose ones go for $20 - $40.
Frankie on the other hand seems to go for $35 - $40 MIB (sometimes up to $50) and ~$25 - $30 loose.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2012, 04:54:34 PM »
This may sound a bit silly, but has anyone thought about starting a Change.org petition to Mattel regarding the glue? A lot of the petitions there usually get noticed by the company/persons they're petitioning against and things get accomplished from that. I know it's just an internet petition but when you have thousands and thousands of people signing it, it can be a little hard to ignore.
We'd just need to be sure to get all of the reasons why the glue can be harmful to children, mainly. How we shouldn't need strong adhesive removers in order to get it off, what happens when it gets on the hands of children and adults, etc..  :blush:
That's a fantastic idea, Chi! While we're at it, maybe we could get up a change.org petition to get Mattel to reconsider the sheer number of exclusive deals they keep doing. I know, I know, beating a dead horse ...  :lookround:

On a side note, would anyone be willing to sell me the little skeleton that comes with Ghouls Rule Lala? I was after one on eBay, but someone's just outbid me at $8, which seems a bit high. I'd prefer to pay $6 or less. Anyone?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:56:05 PM by pukunui »

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2012, 04:58:27 PM »
Wow I take it back, just went to ebay and I see people selling them for about $100+ for a Signature Lagoona. @,@; (Then again, I set the sort as: Highest First XD)
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline DiamondDreams

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »
Wow I take it back, just went to ebay and I see people selling them for about $100+ for a Signature Lagoona. @,@; (Then again, I set the sort as: Highest First XD)

Pretty sure she's selling for around the same amount as sig Ghoulias or a bit more so $70-90 Ian range ATM   Not sure on Frankie.  Lagoona is just harder to find because there aren't as many releases of her- every wave that she is released in I notice her selling out first around me, and I attribute that to the same thing.  Just my opinion. Ause she's my favorite too ;)

Meow by Jamiefof, on Flickr

Obscuria

« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
Wheres the best place to find Goof Off 2 for a reasonable price on-line ten since it's discontinued? I need to do damage control, it has me in such a panic, do we know that this will destroy dolls if left not taken care of? Such a scary thought, Id love to help tih hte petition and FB site, something has to be done about this, it seems like my dolls are getting it slowl in the order I got them, I hope it STOPS with wave 1 and GB.

Offline Cwk123

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2012, 08:02:15 PM »
Should I wory about this glue seepage issue if I don't debox my dolls? Didn't know if it's something that's only an issue when trying to style the hair or something...?

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
Should I wory about this glue seepage issue if I don't debox my dolls? Didn't know if it's something that's only an issue when trying to style the hair or something...?

It can happen whether they are de-boxed or not. They won't be any safer in the box than out of it.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

plague

« Reply #295 on: August 19, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
I've only had the glue issue with one doll and that was my wave one Frankie. (I ended up rerooting her and have had zero issues with the rest of my dolls.)

I don't fully understand how this issue arises since, to my knowledge, glue doesn't just become soft and melt over time? I got my Spectra around the same time as Frankie at the end of last year and Spectra's hair is perfect. (Haven't washed it or anything)

I'd think it would be more of an issue if someone were to boil their doll's hair since that could definitely soften the glue... especially if they are left exposed to the water too long.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »
I've only had the glue issue with one doll and that was my wave one Frankie. (I ended up rerooting her and have had zero issues with the rest of my dolls.)

I don't fully understand how this issue arises since, to my knowledge, glue doesn't just become soft and melt over time? I got my Spectra around the same time as Frankie at the end of last year and Spectra's hair is perfect. (Haven't washed it or anything)

I'd think it would be more of an issue if someone were to boil their doll's hair since that could definitely soften the glue... especially if they are left exposed to the water too long.

The general consensus seems to be that most likely the glue is not cured properly. So if you think about its time in the factory, then packaging, then it goes on several different rides in the back of several different trucks and then it sits on shelves for a while. There is plenty of time for the glue to soften before you even get your hands on it. Then, likely any shuffling around of the doll helps the glue seep out of the head and into the hair.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline mermaid_splash

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+167)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
If I were to guess, on ebay I'd say about $50 or higher for each one. Do you plan on selling them??

Yes.  I'm in the process of slimming down collections as I get ready to move.  Setting some feelers first :)

Thank you all for your input, I appreciate it !!!

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »
On a side note, would anyone be willing to sell me the little skeleton that comes with Ghouls Rule Lala? I was after one on eBay, but someone's just outbid me at $8, which seems a bit high. I'd prefer to pay $6 or less. Anyone?
I don't plan on keeping the skeleton when I get GR Lala, but it'll be another two weeks or so before I can buy her.  If you didn't mind waiting, I can sell it to you once I get her.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2012, 11:12:44 PM »
Came back from Walmart, boy was I surprised. They had a whole bunch of Signature Abbeys and 1 Venus & 1 Robecca, her lips were perfect; however, shoot her eyes were weird, had like some kind of weird blurry, pixely, spotted thing going on with the white part of her eyes. >,<; So close yet so far. *sigh* Was looking forward to getting my lip flawed Robecca replaced with a new perfect one. =_=;
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal