collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your family members or loves reaction to ponies  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your family members or loves reaction to ponies
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 08:37:46 AM »
Well I think I have got my mom hooked :biggrin: every time I get a new one she is like "Let me see!!" I am still working on her with the show though. If she is out though she will ask if there are any new ones out that I want and she will look for them. She is pretty cool about it. Once when we went to a thrift shop she got to the toys before I did and said "look ponies!!" I had to laugh cause people where like "Huh?"
  Dad's only comment (which really wasn't bad I just think he got a little overwhelmed) to my mom in which she told me about it later was "there everywhere I look :shocked:.." Other than that he don't care,even made shelves for me to put them on..He figures whatever makes me happy.. They are very supportive on the customizing and encourage me with continuing to try at it.. Other than that none of our friends or mine have really said anything about them..I am not to worried, if they do I will just say "Well everyone has got to have a hobby,mines ponies and other 80's toys :biggrin:"
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »
My ex-boyfriend (best friend now) is really into ponies meaning mostly interested in my collection ;) but every time I want him to pick up something for me from the shop it's "again..." XD Oh and he hates the Teeny Tiny ponies because to him they look like pigs XD and when I send him some photos of my collection he's like: "Nooo not that swine again, my eyes they burn!!!" XD He wants to do aerodynamic tests with them... :satisfied:
Other friend when I told her about my collecting said that she would be less surprised if I told her that I collect bones or something more macabre but ponies? XD
This is really amusing because I get the same reaction. I mostly like darker creepy things and even my taste in literature I read with my students falls into that (Monkey's Paw and Poe). The pony collecting is new for me, but I've always collected unicorns. I think my wife went into shock seeing them when we first started dating. She was all "but they are so happy and cheerful...." :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

sarafina

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 08:57:36 AM »
My husband has been really sweet about my pony-collecting and LPS-collecting...he'll occasionally ask me what's new on the forums, and he even keeps an eye out for ponies (he spotted a newly-opened used toy store in Seattle recently, and apparently he noticed some G1s through the window!)

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »
Haha, what stories ! xD

My grandmother and mother enjoy them :) They like to see them in my room in Portugal and they really find them pretty~ The rest of my family is like "but you have to many already, you need more? xD" but they are okay with it, they find it funny and cool at the same time.

My boyfriend find this habbit of mine quite cute. He never got me a pony (he might give me a fakie similar to one I have since childhood in a few days, though !!) because it's just not his thing, but I don't mind that. He's okay with the collection and with the fact that I want more, he just doesn't care much about the ponies themselves, though xD I do, however, poke him in the nose with ponies and he pokes them back xDDDwith his nose, yes.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 11:35:57 AM »
My cousin visited this past weekend and she went with us to the flea market. I forewarned her I'm a merciless pony hunter at the flea market. After we filled a bag all the way to the top with ponies and returned home she said, "If you send me photos of your pony gets, I will be excited for you. I enjoyed the thrill of the hunt!"

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline LadyStarCatcher

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »
My family, friends, and coworkers all think my love of mlp is adorable. They keep an eye out for me and sometimes surprise me with some. And my bf loves that I love them. He has Legos and totally gets it. Heh.  ^.^

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 11:49:22 AM »
My husband doesn't get it at all, but he's happy that there's something that makes me so happy, and that our three year old daughter and I enjoy together. But he's a huge NASCAR fan (I don't get that, but, see above :biggrin:) and has a collection, so he doesn't give me a hard time, much.

The first time I saw an episode of FIM I told my brother there was something he had to watch, "Sparkly rainbow mushroom cloud!" and he was hooked. He now has a growing collection, but says he's glad he can use my daughter as an excuse for having watched the show.

My mom is a pony enabler (yay!) and is always on the lookout for ponies for me. Now if they would just start turning up in the thrift stores around here! (I'm so envious of you guys who find them by the bagfull at flea markets! I do not have much luck in my neck of the woods.)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »
My niece, who is eight, doesn't really like G1 ponies that much. She's okay with G3 and G4, but she thinks G1 is weird. She's always telling me that I should sell my only sea pony, Surf Rider, and she said that Skydancer looks like a pig. >: (

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »
When I told my parents I wanted to officially collect MLPs, I was 14. My dad is fun-loving and very supportive, so he immediately said, "that sounds great, it should be fun (he remembered when I watched the show as a little girl)" and he started to sing the old theme song XD
Mom didn't know what to think, so she just said "OK" but now whenever I get a new pony, she wants to see it. :)
I told them there are over 2000 G1 ponies (at the time, i didn't think I would collect the other gens, just G1), and they paused and stared at me for a bit. We agreed it would be a long journey before I complete the collection.

My friends know, too. S thinks it is fun since she collects a lot of kingdom hearts stuff, dragon things, pokemon, etc., other S thinks they are cute, but rolls her eyes and laughs whenever I get excited about pony things, and M in her own funny way doesn't say anything but she still thinks they are cute.

M said she used to like MLP as a little girl, but her parents never got her any because they were too expensive. She lived partly in Tokyo since her dad is a lawyer there. Did they have a lot of G2s in Tokyo (I wonder)?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:06:45 PM by StarDragon »

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
My mom rolls her eyes whenever I mention MLP. She thinks it's something only 10 year old girls should be into. And she thinks Bronies are all psychopaths.  :|

Psychopaths watching a cartoon about friendship and kindness, yeah that makes a LOT of sense. e_e

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »
Chuckling at all these stories.  XD  Stomp through like Godzilla.. XD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 02:41:14 PM »
My hubby is really understanding and supportive of my collecting and listens to me wittering on about the latest additions to my collection or random pony facts. He does poke fun sometimes, but he is only joking.

The rest of my family think it's crazy, so I don't mention my collection much around them, lol. Although my Mom did pick up a Lanard pony from a charity shop for me once (she can't tell the difference).

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
My mom rolls her eyes whenever I mention MLP. She thinks it's something only 10 year old girls should be into. And she thinks Bronies are all psychopaths.  :|

Psychopaths watching a cartoon about friendship and kindness, yeah that makes a LOT of sense. e_e
You never know maybe they have ski masks and knives hidden in ponies. :P :lol:
My wife just says "any man that likes ponies is gay!"...I think that's wishful thinking since she wishes she had more gay man friends. :lol:

Some of you guys have really super sweet stories and the rest of you make me laugh.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »
They love ponies.
I've been into MLP since I was about two so they are long since indoctrinated.
The H thinks they are adorable. He even came to a MLP Fair with me one year.
He won me over when we were dating by surprising me with a Rainbow Dash plushie on his car seat he'd won out of a claw machine.

Offline shimmer73083

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »
Be it that I will be 30 next year along with MLP, my parents and family think I'm crazy, though it is my mom's fault for making me divide up my collection when I was younger.  My GF just takes it all in stride and luckily has collections of her own with other memorabilia like Buffy and anything Joss Whedon.  Dragging her to our first Ponycon this year was really funny.

:good:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal