collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your family members or loves reaction to ponies  (Read 2544 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Your family members or loves reaction to ponies
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 04:00:39 PM »
I am lucky everyone knows I am a little off base in life so collecting ponies is happily accepted by all - friends and family.

My mum gets better and better trained as the years pass - I have a huge collection of ponies and she is pretty good at knowing names and sets and the accessories they come with the countries they are from! She must pick things up by pony osmosis!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »
My Dad:

Those aren't my little ponies are they?
(sees shelf full of small colorful toys that's clearly visible from my hallway.)

Me:

yeeeeah...

Dad:

You've taken a step backwards.

(Meaning I've gone from collecting Breyer model horses and Peter Stones to the kiddie MLPs lol)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 06:26:48 PM »
My Dad:

Those aren't my little ponies are they?
(sees shelf full of small colorful toys that's clearly visible from my hallway.)

Me:

yeeeeah...

Dad:

You've taken a step backwards.

(Meaning I've gone from collecting Breyer model horses and Peter Stones to the kiddie MLPs lol)

Hehe, this is why the shelves and shelves of model horses live at my parents house and the MLP live with me. :P  I know not everyone has that option, but when my family came to visit recently we were hiding ponies everywhere. I missed one and it was sitting on a high shelf, and my mom was standing right by it and I kept thinking. "Do not see that pony and ask me about it" :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »
My family and friends support me and buy me ponies ^.^ However, outside my family I live with, I have no idea what they think :lol: I know my Grandpa always said Beanie Babies were a waste of money and playfully teased my sisters and I about collecting them :P My sister told him I don't collect Beanie Babies anymore and he was like, "Thank goodness..." then she told him I collect My Little Pony and he said, "she's regressed!" :lol: And I'm pretty sure my Grandma thinks it's a complete waste of money since she's a huge penny pincher and obsessively talks about the price of EVERYTHING :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »
I'm very lucky with my friends and colleagues about my collection as I am a toy designer myself, so my desk is covered with ponies and I get weekly deliveries of ponies to my desk, everyone is super excited to see who I get in the post.

All my colleagues have some sort of nerdy obsession whether it is collecting action figures or comics, dressing up for medieval reinactments, reading comics , playing WoW or sewing teddies... So I am in very good company. We even had a special afternoon at work where we did a talk about our hobbies and brought in our collections ( well part of mine) . I had a big pony sort out just prior to this as most of them were packed away in boxes, so it was the first time I had seen all 1000+ ponies together in one room. I invited my best friends over to see and they were amazed!!! :)

My family are fine with it, in fact my first 60+ were donated to me by my sister. I wasn't allowed ponies myself when I was a kid because I was a boy ( still am just a grown up one now ;) ). I live abroad and my mum recently came over and just saw a chunk of my collection she was like...' Jesus Christ!!!! If only I had bought you one of these when you were little, this would never have happened!' :)

She does joke about it, but in the grand scheme of things she thinks there is a lot worse things that people could be doing, so pony collecting is fine:)

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
Other friend when I told her about my collecting said that she would be less surprised if I told her that I collect bones or something more macabre but ponies? XD

I don't know ... some ponies are pretty scary.  I personally think that it doesn't get more macabre than Beddy Bye Eyes.  I sure wouldn't want to run into a BBE in a dark alley on a foggy night.

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »
Other friend when I told her about my collecting said that she would be less surprised if I told her that I collect bones or something more macabre but ponies? XD

I don't know ... some ponies are pretty scary.  I personally think that it doesn't get more macabre than Beddy Bye Eyes.  I sure wouldn't want to run into a BBE in a dark alley on a foggy night.

Anything with doll eyes is sort of creepy to me.  I got wicked freaked out about dolls in a movie when I was little, so I'm not a fan to begin with, but the eyes are just awful.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 07:46:01 PM »
XD some of these  are amusing to read... i was debating adding mine.. 

so  my mom flips adn flops backwards between the pony thing and my age. i think it surprises her.  well. after the pony fair she was all  ok lets do ponys!  then 2 weeks ago we went to the flea market.  nad  we went pony crazy! endedup with a whole bag of them o.o

mostly  all g3s. heres the humor  were at the  one booth  near the end. and  my mom spots the ponys  so we pull the bag over and are going through and im like. i have  this one  and htis one i need this one.  and was carefuly sorting through and my moms like just take them all.  i was like o.o ok..!

manged to get a ew otehrs as wel. though i did pass  ona so soft neborn.  so at the very end we were tired adn hot  and i  had three in my hands a pinky and a few others i wasnt sure of.. i guessi took too long beuase she boug them for me.. and hten said no more ponys.. then   this weekend  we went to teh fela market agian and  shes  like  youg et any ponys? i'm like no.  so they went on vacation for a week and  i had pony mail boes when they came back  and sehs like you have boxes.. and i'm like  yeah  she like whats int hem.

i'm like ponys....*hesitntly*
mom: no awnser.

later  on my dads like.. what were in yor boxes im like.  Stuff.

so then today i get pony mail agian.  (its all coming in at once XD liek the 4th box or bag i've gottne.  dad just say shere "and toses me the bubble mailer XD and hes like
"how many more of htose thigns did you buy?"

so i was tlaking to mom.. and liek i wanna rearrange my room. so weere gonna tkae otu a dresser and put in displa shelves for ponys!   and  then  i was telling her somethings aobut ponys and she jsut sighs and is like ok.. your gonna need more shelves..."

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
My fiance teases me but he tolerates it and even watches the show with me/takes me to Walmart to check for new ones. :) Rest of my family seems okay with it, but my grandpa doesn't think I should buy anymore, that "I have enough", and I only have a small collection so far. XD Thinking of showing him some of the more impressive collections on here. :P

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
My parents think I'm crazy, especially when I sit there and pet one of my ponies. haha. My husband humors me though, and at least pretends to take an interest and listen to me talk about them.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »
These are great stories.  :)

My family and friends are mostly supportive.  My mom colle ts right along with me (just g1 babies and boys) and will keep her eye out for ponies for me if I'm not there.  Also, if I'm debating a pony purchase and haven't bought any in awhile, she'll usually encourage me to buy them.  :)

The rest of my family and friends are supportive but I don't tell them how many phones I have.  I've pretty much always been a toy collectors so this is nothing new to them - just a grander scale.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
My parents think I'm crazy, especially when I sit there and pet one of my ponies. haha. My husband humors me though, and at least pretends to take an interest and listen to me talk about them.

Nothing beats the looks I got one day when my husband came back into our living room after taking a shower and found his 35 year old wife on the couch, surrounded by ponies, brushing their hair.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 10:14:10 PM »

Nothing beats the looks I got one day when my husband came back into our living room after taking a shower and found his 35 year old wife on the couch, surrounded by ponies, brushing their hair.

XD i can iamge that  was intresting.  and i treminds me the other day  my mom called  and i was  rinsing off some of the ponys getting grime off. and stuff "spa day!" lol  so she sys whatca doing i'm like oh its a pony spa  day.  there was silene hten a huh? and i'm like oh i'm washing my ponys.. then later.. when she foudn the washrag she ws liek what was t his for and i'm like pony spa.  she gave me a look and pitched the towel.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2012, 10:18:27 PM »
My brother says I have too many Ponies/horses.. last time he saw my shelf of ponies he gave a look like it was kind of the first time he's seen it... which it wasn't XD He's seen it before
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline shockponie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 05:38:01 AM »
My husb likes to poke fun, but he knows they make me happy & will surprise me with a G4 from Walmart once in a blue moon. He also likes to rearrange them to see if I'll notice. He hates my two G2s though! Idc, I think they're all cute. :P
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal