collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your family members or loves reaction to ponies  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your family members or loves reaction to ponies
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 06:17:07 AM »
My friends call the pony I spent 200$ on "Mortgage Pony." But they love me.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 06:31:47 AM »
Well, considering I am almost 32 (on August 12th!), I literally grew up with ponies.  I honestly didn't tell anyone, except my daughters, for a long time about my personal collecting.  I guess I was embarrassed and nervous about the reaction I was going to get from friends and loved ones.  My husband opened my PayPal bill, and I was literally forced to come clean about my collecting.  Surprisingly, he was supportive and understanding.
Since then, I've told pretty much everyone I know about my collecting!  I have had such positive response from my co-workers, my family, my friends and even strangers.  I am very proud of my collection now, and feel no shame what-so-ever.  I've even had a former co-worker drop off a bag of G3 ponies for me.

So all in all, the people in my life have been so great to me about my collecting!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 06:58:16 AM »
My family, friends and boyfriend are all super supportive and awesome!!!

My parents like my collection and my father always offers to look for ponies at fairs and when he goes abroad, it's the sweetest thing :) He's been picking me up ponies all my life lol, he knows where to find them XD He's always super enthusiastic, too, whenever I tell him about my new ponies!

My boyfriend is into trading card games, board games, video games and stuff like warhammer so he knows exactly what it's like to collect something. Over time he became interested in ponies too and he knows quite a few of my favourites now XD He's always helping me find ponies and shares my enthusiasm whenever I find any. On top of that he loves FiM, has a Pinkie Pie shirt and is the proud owner of a Fluttershy and a gen3 Jolly Lolly who he named Snowy Trees, lol.

My friends... well, most of them aren't into ponies but they do understand why I like them and are generally supportive :) I have one friend who likes ponies and is on this forum too *huggles Inspired Mind* but the others just see it as one of my crazy hobbies XD

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 07:02:00 AM »
My boyfriend is very supportive of my pony-collecting, as he is a huge Star Wars toy collector and actually was the one who got me interested in toy collecting.  Some of my friends are very supportive, and others I think just aren't particularly interested.  My sisters are both supportive, and my Mom tolerates it to some point.  She clearly thinks it's a waste of money (which is unfair coming from her, because she collects dishes and Christmas ornaments like crazy), and I am not honest with her about how many ponies I have.  We are friends on Facebook, so I have to be careful about bragging about my herd there.  I don't want a lecture about how I am just wasting my money on frivolous stuff.

When I moved into my new apartment, she told me not to put ponies everywhere.  "Why?" I asked her.  "Because .... it's a kid's toy," she said.  She just doesn't "get it."  (There ARE ponies everywhere, haha, take that Mom).

Tenar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 07:28:40 AM »
My husband and I watch FiM together.  His favorite is Pinky Pie.  Not a surprise though since we are both pretty geeky and like comics, video games, and anime.

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »
My mother loves to make me happy by buying stuff for me, so for her it's ideal that I collect ponies hehe. She has always been very supportive of it. Ever since I started properly collecting them at the age of 10-11 and discoverd Ebay she learned how to use it to buy ponies for me. She's always been happy to go pony hunting with me and loves to go above and beyond to help me get ponies I sometimes stuggle with getting a hold of.

As for my grandmother and my unlce (on my mothers side), they don't say much about it at all one way or the other. My mum usually tracks down a bunch of ponies for me for my birthday and christmas and they give her money for some of the ponies and they give the ponies to me :P I know my mum acutally got the ponies, but it's sweet of them to want to give me ponies aswell and get help from her to do so :P

My ex-fiance/friend whatever (we basicly just broke up, but we still talk) has always been really supportive. He loves to help me track down ponies, always let me buy any pony I wanted and even when I said it was too much money he would go ahead and buy them anyway :P, he watched FiM with me and was just really involved. When I got doubles of the wave 4 Blind Bags he said if came across another Pinkie Pie - Special Edition that I hadn't already promised away in a trade he wouldn't mind having her :P And recently I did come across yet another Metallic Pinkie Pie and gave it to him :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

TechnoTealeaf

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 08:39:45 AM »
My family is very supportive of my collecting! They pick up any ponies they find at flea markets yard sales etc and my boyfriend loves to watch me work on customs. Granted my collection is pretty small after a really bad house fire (mostly G4s now with a few surviving G1s) but he doesn't mind my herd at all.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 08:40:25 AM »
My hubby is a good guy, he's never really made a big deal about my collecting (though he will tell me from time to time that I have too many). He has learned a few things about G1s.

My dad will pick some up for me from time to time when he spots them. I'm pretty sure my mom and sister think I'm childish when I say I still adore MLP. My mom pretty much got rid of all my toys when I hit 12 (though some miracle stopped her from tossing my original herd & Tenderheart  Bear, but the Dream Castle and perm shoppe got tossed).

My kids like FiM show and my DS2 thinks Rainbow Dash is cool. I think DS1 like Rarity and Spike the best. DD will yell out "horsey!" whenever she spots any of the G4 toys and she's been given a couple toys.

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 08:47:30 AM »
My husband doesn't get why I love them, but he gets that he loves me, so he supports me. lol

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 09:24:56 AM »
Mine knows the generations and will find G1s for me.  :)  He has good ponysense. 

My side of the family thinks they are cute.  My in-laws roll their eyes and wonder why I can't collect something with value, like antiques or paintings.  :( 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 09:55:32 AM »
Not much really, my mum and dad don't really care unless I leave ponies in the bathroom or something, they brought me home ponies once from a carboot,  my brother will watch FiM, ask me about ponies and goes with me when I go down the carboot. My oldest brother doesn't care at all.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal