collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your family members or loves reaction to ponies  (Read 2452 times)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Your family members or loves reaction to ponies
« on: July 23, 2012, 01:22:29 AM »
Earlier today I was taking a shower and my wife walked in and pulled back the curtain. She had a Pony tales Bright Eyes and was all "What in the world is this? Post office pony?" She was super confused about what her symbol meant and wondered why I wanted a post office pony.

Next last night we had Baby Lofty out and she was all "I hate that pony the eyes scare me. She looks like crack smoking pony." Then she stared to make her dance around and say phrases about stuff I won't post. I just about died laughing though. How do your people act around the ponies? Any fun stories?
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Water_Fire

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Your family members or loves reaction to ponies
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 01:45:06 AM »
Mr Water Fire's reaction to ponies is pretty much 'euuurrrggghhhh'. He'll listen to me prattle on about them with good grace (mostly) though. I guess that's because he has a Force FX lightsaber on the mantelpiece, so he can't say anything! Haha!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 01:45:41 AM »
:lmao:  non-Arena-Safe stuff is always funny.  XD  I have no such stories, myself!

ooo lightsaber
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Wadatsumi

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 01:52:24 AM »
sometimes when i show my hubby new ponies i got, he will hug them or give them a little kiss, or makes them fight  - at least when he's in a good mood  ;)

otherwise he pretty much ignores them  :satisfied: :satisfied:

but!!! i often talk to him about ponies and this seems to have burned in his brain  :blink: he pretty much remembers almost every pony-name i tell him, so often when he stands before my collection (just about 150) he will recite most of their names  :P

edit: he loves quarterback  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:56:54 AM by Wadatsumi »

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 01:53:22 AM »
Hahaha crack smoking pony that is brilliant!!!

What was the one himself came out with a few weeks ago..seriously if I could remember Id be onto something! But if he wants to wind me up he makes rude gestures with them lol

Oh and his favourite is g1 Minty because shes 'Irish pony' :lol:

Offline xelli

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 04:05:33 AM »
My ex-boyfriend (best friend now) is really into ponies meaning mostly interested in my collection ;) but every time I want him to pick up something for me from the shop it's "again..." XD Oh and he hates the Teeny Tiny ponies because to him they look like pigs XD and when I send him some photos of my collection he's like: "Nooo not that swine again, my eyes they burn!!!" XD He wants to do aerodynamic tests with them... :satisfied:
Other friend when I told her about my collecting said that she would be less surprised if I told her that I collect bones or something more macabre but ponies? XD
Looking for G2 accessories -->My wishlist

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 04:36:30 AM »
Hubby listens patiently. parents humor me, daughter joins me, but outside my immediate family, most of them think its a sign that I lack maturity and they treat me like a kid unfortunately =/ My friends however are wonderful about my ponies ^_^

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 05:07:46 AM »
My husband humors me when I educate him on things like smooze and pony cancer.  Yesterday I took my collection out of the bookcase that houses them, so that I could clean the shelves.  I had them all on the floor (standing on rows) and had my mom come and look at them, and she said that she really wanted to stomp through them like Godzilla.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 05:15:39 AM »
It's gone over really well! My fiance isn't bothered by it, and actually I've been met with a bit of consternation at my initial feelings that he might judge me for it, and is always reassuring me that he doesn't mind my 400+ collection. It helps a bit that he likes Friendship is Magic. He even accepted me buying a SDCC :muffin: Pony for $70.

Everyone else... as far as I know, they aren't bothered by it. My dad even takes an active part in it, picking up ponies for me when he sees them at garage sales back in my hometown (recently he found me Coconut Grove and Pumpkin Tart!).
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 05:18:22 AM »
My fiance humors me :)  He listens to me prattle about all of my hobbies and is supportive.  He's even watched a few episodes of FIM with me, but is not going to ever be a brony.  The other day I knew I'd had FIM on a lot lately when he was able to sing the entire song from start to finish, humming the parts he didn't know the words to ("My little pony, hm hm hm hm hm hm hm, my little pony, big adventure hm hm hm, etc")   XD  It was pretty funny.  Of the FIM characters, he likes Applejack best. 

Water_Fire

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 05:22:18 AM »
My fiance humors me :)  He listens to me prattle about all of my hobbies and is supportive.  He's even watched a few episodes of FIM with me, but is not going to ever be a brony.  The other day I knew I'd had FIM on a lot lately when he was able to sing the entire song from start to finish, humming the parts he didn't know the words to ("My little pony, hm hm hm hm hm hm hm, my little pony, big adventure hm hm hm, etc")   XD  It was pretty funny.  Of the FIM characters, he likes Applejack best.

Haha, he's more tolerant than Mr Water Fire! I've tried to wheedle him into watching FiM, especially since he was a big Powerpuff Girls fan back in the day, but he's not having it. Sad face.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 06:35:33 AM »
My family is pretty supportive but they think I have to much stuff.  My dad helps me hunt down pony's during thrifting adventures.  My boyfriend's become more accepting of my pony heard.  He wish's I'd sell them and not pick up any more but he did help me get a SDCC Pony.  I think the sweetest thing he did was when we were on vacation he'd wake me up by turning on and episode of FIM.

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 06:41:53 AM »
My drama class are very open-minded and cool people, so when I told them they went all; "Really? Cool." I don't ramble all that much about ponies to them but if I do they show somewhat interest. Some of them know what my favourite generation looks like and keep an eye open for me at flea markets and such. How I love my class.

Oh, and there's this dude in my class that finds it hilarious (in a good way :D ), and he tells me he knows that I have a real living magical pegasus hidden in my closet. And that I'm an expert at hiding her with my ninja skills.
... He's just awesome xD
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline Souffaloufagous

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 08:21:59 AM »
The first time I met my boyfriend (well not the exact first time, but the first time I was paying attention), was in the dorms at school, and he walked right across my room over to the dresser, picked up Applejack, and was like "Is this a G1 my little pony or something?"
My swooning was audible.

He's a toy collector himself, transformers, zoids, figmas and the like. He actually got me into collecting nendoroids after giving me my first one as a gift (TINY HOMURA, pictured in my avatar).

He encourages my collecting, and likes to listen as I prattle on about different ponies (he doesnt really pay attention, he just likes listening to me babbling) , and every once in a while we going on a major toy hunting spree.  He does try to pay attention, but he has trouble remembering their names and such.  He can recognize some harder to find ponies when I show him other people's scores on the brag thread. And what a TAF is, because of my quest to find the perfect sugaberry.

He was quite pleased when I got Barnacle last week, he thought his color scheme was cool.  He wants to help me either make or track down accesories for him.

Me thinks he is a keeper.  ^.^ <3
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:34:40 AM by Souffaloufagous »

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 08:25:43 AM »
My family is fairly accpeting of my collection. My parents like to roll their eyes when I talk about ponies or add one to the shelf, but they generally go along with it. My dad actually still has all of his old GI Joes in the attic, so whenever he pokes fun at my ponies I just remind him of that XD.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal