collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89479 times)

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 10 pg 90!! Home Stretch!
« Reply #1380 on: August 29, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »
managed to get back on track some, though the last two days I binged a little bit due to that doctor upsetting me. Seriously ... not her place, and what am I supposed to say. Can it and have fun in my lady parts? grrr so frustrating. Though my one roommate and I are on a workout schedule every other day and the off days I'm doing stuff on my own.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 31, 2012, 04:02:48 AM »
I had my first Zumba session this week (just from a DVD) and it was really good fun! Looking forward to the next one this weekend sometime :)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1382 on: August 31, 2012, 05:59:23 AM »
With play practice i get a work out....my part requires a lot of movement....but after that is thd hard part. Does anyone have zumba for wii? What did you think of it?

I have let my eating extras get out of hand this week. I hat cold meat sandwiches....i am starting to feel ill when i eat them so i have snuck good lunch choices in...more salads but still wasting money. Yes talked to the hubby about this one and he just thinks i am overeating.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 31, 2012, 06:54:47 AM »
With play practice i get a work out....my part requires a lot of movement....but after that is thd hard part. Does anyone have zumba for wii? What did you think of it?

I have Zumba II for the wii... I did not like it as I didn't understand what was going on as the tutorials are not as helpful as they should be.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1384 on: August 31, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »
My diet is about to be totally rearranged.  Just got news from the doctor that I have Celiac's Disease.  So my plan to cut down on gluten has just become AVOID ALL THE GLUTENS!  :faint:  I love bread so much...  :sad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1385 on: August 31, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »
Hugs z there are gluten free breads out there:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 31, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »
:hug: Zenna.  I'm sorry about your diagnosis.  At least you know what was causing all of your tummy troubles now.  I hope you manage to find some great gluten free meals to help you on your way.

I have finally recorded another weight loss today. I'm at the 14kg mark!  Yay.  This was a long time coming because I seemed to stall for about 2 weeks on 13kgs.  Now I just have one more kg to lose and I can go and pick up my pretty handbag clutch I have on layby for when I get to 15 :frolic:

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 01, 2012, 02:08:45 AM »
Aw, Zen :( Coeliac disease isn't so bad, really - it's managable at least. I used to be a gluten *fiend*, nearly all I ate was bread products, but if you shop around and try out different brands you can get used to it :) Plus you'll feel much better!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1388 on: September 01, 2012, 08:37:39 AM »
While I wouldn't say I'm back on track, I'm kind of doing better.

I've basically gotten so busy taking care of my tattoo and hubbs (knee surgery) that I haven't had time to eat. I'm still snacking a bit too much thanks to the fact that I simply don't have the time or energy to cook. I've cut down some of my soda consumption while my tattoo is healing and I ate pretty good yesterday.

I have Celiacs Disease as well. If I have gluten my intestines inflame and get really PO'ed at me.  :hug: Tons of restaurants now have gluten-free menus. Check out some nicer places and find out who has gluten-free menus nearby. Celiacs is really common and even people who don't have it fare better without gluten (that stuff is terrible for you), so it's really not so bad. :)

Not sure where you're located, but I do know Jason's Deli has a gluten-free menu. Lots of people are getting on that bandwagon.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 01, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »
I was severely depressed the other day, but reading this thread got me back on track again. Started exercising right after I read it! :)

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 01, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »
Checking in again. Sorry, but I just don't have the time to keep up with this thread at all. I only get a few minutes of computer time throughout the day. I'm doing well though. My sleeping habits are much better and so is my work schedule. Food.. not so much. But I'm still too broke to be able to go shopping for a better/healthier diet. The good news is that part also looks to be changing within another month as I'm getting caught up on projects that are late, so soon I'll get paid regularly again. Finally!
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1391 on: September 01, 2012, 09:29:35 PM »
Feeling less mopey today.  My friends Cassandra and Sam (one of my oldest friends -- he also happens to have been my first boyfriend, lol) both have Celiac's too and they came over today with piles of recipes and a loaf of GF banana bread that was really yummy (Cassandra's own recipe, apparently).  They gave me tips for eating out, the names of some good places that have specific gluten-free menu items, and went through the recipes with me so I could pick out ones that sounded good.  I must have put stickies on like 40 of them and they will photocopy them for me.  :)  They also said that one (or both) of them would come with my to the grocery store when I go next and help point me in the right direction so I'm not reading labels for hours.  And they helped me convert some of my favorite recipes so I can still make them.  I needed to become a better cook anyway, so I'm actually excited about trying all the new foods now!

And I walked the dogs.  Not much exercise, but I'm still so relieved to be off my crutches!  I've started stretching too, since my legs are super tight and I'm trying to get rid of my limp.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 01, 2012, 11:06:02 PM »
Hey everyone! I live! XD I haven't been posting too much anywhere online for weeks now because I've really cut down on my internet time, but I wanted to check in! I hope everyone is doing well! Getting down to the wire is really exciting :D

"In light of things that have been happening, what is one thing that you've learned about yourself over the last 2 months that surprised you?"

Since I'm here, I wanted to post my response and just give a bit of an update on how I've been doing. On of my original goals starting this was to give up soda, and I'm really happy because in a few days I will have officially gone 90 days without touching the stuff at all (I set that goal back in july). Since I've given it up I find that I get less headaches and I feel less jittery than I used to. I've really discovered that I DO have the will-power to change things if I just set my mind to it and really put some focus into it. I've also learned that I prefer the healther food options, which was a nice suprise. Since I started my new job I was taking a full lunch to work for the first month (sandwich, little bag of chips, drink) and having a granola bar as a mid-morning snack. But I cut out the chips, just drink water now, and put less meat and cheese on my sandwiches and I'm finding that I'm happily full and feel better through the day. I've also changed that mid-morning snack to either a light yogurt or a cup of applesauce and have found them both to be much more filling than the granola bar. I also started to keep a detailed food journal about half-way through this so that I could see just how many calories I was taking in each day and where.

I've also found that I enjoy being healthy and that at this point I really have become driven to keep this up even after this event comes to an end. I've already set my new goal of cutting out all desert type foods for thirty days, starting today. I really believe I can stick to it too :D

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 02, 2012, 10:23:27 AM »
if it wasnt for my mono messing up my sleep schedule again i would be doing great only having sodas while im out to eat witch isn't often

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #1394 on: September 02, 2012, 09:04:55 PM »
Extra Extra! Updates Ahoy!

Well guys, here we are. There's only 2 weeks left in the challenge and this feels like it has been an amazing journey. I know we've all had our ups and downs but I would like to think that we've worked well together and learned that we have support here on this board when we really need it. :)

I've been feeling down a bit here lately, because I just haven't had a lot of time to be online. I'm working between 40-50 hours each week right now during my internship and feeling out-of-sorts since I didn't have a permanent place down south where I'm at. My doctor recently switched my depression and anxiety meds so I've been suffering some medication withdrawals and side-effects too. They also put me on a super heavy duty Vitamin D supplement because I am severely deficient. I also don't have super reliable internet while I am in Houston right now so I just feel like I'm letting everypony down since I can't respond as I had been doing.

So quickly, here are my updates. I signed my 9 month lease on Friday afternoon. I officially have an apartment down south so I can start getting settled in and make things feel a little more like 'home' - plus if things get worse between me and my spouse then I definitely have a place for me and my animals. So I'm really happy about that. I will not have steady internet access until September 10th. At the earliest. The manager of the apartments said there can be some issues with getting the internet there... so even though I'm paying for it, I might not actually have it. While I DO have my phone, I won't have a ton of access on it. I AM keeping up with the thread, but honestly after spending 8-10 hours on my computer each day for work.... I don't want to come home and be on the computer. So usually, I go for a walk or something in the afternoon just to get outside for a little while. I've also started my Fall semester class too, so unfortunately, things have started to get busier for me. I hope that everyone else is doing ok even if they are busy too!

I'm also steadily working on everypony's boxes. :) So I can get those out on time too! I'm giving the ponies a light cleaning, but I'll be honest, some of them are going to need some major cleaning when they reach their new homes. Hopefully, that isn't going to be a huge issue for people.

Posting two challenges this week, since I missed week 11.

Weekly Challenge - Week 11

Take a few minutes to think about possible ways that you can find support when you are struggling?[/color]

Weekly Challenge - Week 12

Take a few minutes each day to just spend some time relaxing, whether it's having a mini-spa in the shower or spending 5 minutes meditating before you get out of bed.

Only One more Weekly challenge to go!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:08:56 PM by SurfStar »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal