collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89904 times)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 11 & 12 pg 93!! 12 Days Left!
« Reply #1395 on: September 02, 2012, 11:02:10 PM »
Take a few minutes to think about possible ways that you can find support when you are struggling?
My best support has been my mom.  My husband is too afraid to hurt my feelings to push me when I need to work harder.  Mom has made diet changes with me to encourage me.

Take a few minutes each day to just spend some time relaxing, whether it's having a mini-spa in the shower or spending 5 minutes meditating before you get out of bed.
Best challenge yet!  I actually gave myself a mani-pedi tonight and it looks pretty good.  A few bubbles, but I can't seem to ever avoid those completely.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 11 & 12 pg 93!! 12 Days Left!
« Reply #1396 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:29 AM »
Nice to hear from you, Surfstar. I'm glad to hear you are still getting some 'you' time into your busy schedule.  I can't believe we only have 12 days of this challenge lost (and even more amazing - I'm still on track, lol!).

I went for a big uphill walk today and have been good with my eating.  2 points :)

Offline silverskimmer

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 03, 2012, 12:47:57 AM »
Even though I haven't been posting in here very often, but I'm going to miss having a new thing to do every week and seeing everyone do so well :)

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list
Looking for any and all wingers! Especially baity ones in need of love!

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 03, 2012, 03:40:04 AM »
I'm glad things are improving for you Surfstar even if they are getting busier! Sometimes, busy is good. :)

Take a few minutes to think about possible ways that you can find support when you are struggling?

I do quite well in this regard. Generally I just need somewhere to vent, so I have my diary, WYP and SHII here, my parents and my partner. Usually my diary or OH.

Take a few minutes each day to just spend some time relaxing, whether it's having a mini-spa in the shower or spending 5 minutes meditating before you get out of bed.

This I'm not so good at! Watching TV or doing things on the computer might be more relaxing than working or going to the gym, but it's not truly relaxing! I will work on it :)

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 03, 2012, 06:33:08 AM »
I find support with my best friends who at the moment... cannot help me. :/ My ex boyfriend is hospitalized my other best friend has a one year old and does not have time. So I do not handle anything well right now my two supports are missing. I feel so lost.

A sugary treat sometimes helps....

I try to relax a bit each day.. knitting and crochet are my main relaxing past times.. or a nice long hot bath!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: September 03, 2012, 07:14:41 AM »
Checking in :)

I have felt so darn crappy the past couple of days, and today is the worst I have felt mentally for about a year. In my head there is no point to anything etc etc but I *know* that's not true, it's kind of hard to keep my chin up whilst my brain is firing random depressed chemicals about all over the place for no reason though!

Not slipped back to the cola although I haven't been eating at all hardly as I feel so poopy.

Tomorrow is another day. If I don't feel better tomorrow, it will be one day less until I do feel better. Just got to ride it out.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 03, 2012, 08:41:31 AM »
"Take a few minutes to think about possible ways that you can find support when you are struggling?"

I know I can always find support here in the arena :) plus, my boyfriend is always there for me, and I can definitely find support with him.

"Take a few minutes each day to just spend some time relaxing, whether it's having a mini-spa in the shower or spending 5 minutes meditating before you get out of bed."

Ohh this'll be nice. I definitely need to relax over the next week, I'm so nervous to fly in 8 days to move!

So I was on track well enough but then we had two barbecues in a row >.> Today I gotta try to reel myself back in and get back into healthy habits.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1402 on: September 03, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »

I'll likely always need more help here. My husband is supportive, but he has terrible habits and will consistently commit attempted sabotage, though he doesn't realize it when he's doing it. And of course I don't want him to have to change his lifestyle just so I can change mine. So that's always been a big problem area for me.

I also need to do more of this! I spend all my time online, usually. I need a hobby that takes me away from the computer and gets me to a point where I can truly relax.

I guess this is my chance to work on these.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 03, 2012, 03:45:11 PM »
I've been slipping a bit, truthfully  :unsure:  Combo of being sick, and struggling to get back up that motivation. In light of that, concerning the next challenge:

My hubby is my lifeline. It's in his arms at night that I go to sleep and feel secure and forget about the crap that went on during the day.  If I reco-ordinate the time that I used to do my exercises to coincide with him being home from work, maybe things will pick up again.

I often sneak off to the arena to relax!! (hide away in ponyland!)  Cleaning ponies is often very therapeutic too  ;)  Sitting on my deck with a cuppa watching the kids play is one way I get some head space and fresh air. With the warmer weather coming on here in NZ, there should some more walks and deck time happening!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 04, 2012, 12:30:05 AM »
Posted by Marlin:

My hubby is my lifeline. It's in his arms at night that I go to sleep and feel secure and forget about the crap that went on during the day.  If I reco-ordinate the time that I used to do my exercises to coincide with him being home from work, maybe things will pick up again.

Aww, that's so nice.  You are lucky to have such an understanding husband.

I get my support from the people in this thread as well as from my best friend who is also dieting :)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #1405 on: September 04, 2012, 01:11:36 AM »
Support...  I have you guys and Mom and a friend who is also trying to lose weight.

That second one...I do that.

Glad to see you're doing okay Surf...but hope work eases up a bit!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #1406 on: September 04, 2012, 04:22:42 AM »
11 stumped me for a bit, but then I realised I did have a friend I would talk to  :biggrin:
12 I try to do anyway  ^.^
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 04, 2012, 06:41:18 AM »

I have my dogs, who never answer me back :P If I need a person I have my OH, my best friend and my Mum, although they are all going through a time of it too at the moment so I do feel bad sometimes.

Been making such an effort with this! Last night I relaxed in the bath for fifteen minutes at 1.30am lol, my legs were playing up and it was the only time all day I felt I wouldn't get stuck :lmao:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 04, 2012, 07:57:04 AM »

I've already realized this is a big problem for me. I have NO support. I don't have a boyfriend, none of my friends are close any more, my mom just berates me, and there are no other family members to talk to  :huh: Recently I've thought about entering therapy if only for the purpose of having an objective person to actually talk to.

This I am REALLY good at XD I always give myself a little down time to just settle and relax.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 04, 2012, 08:20:20 AM »
Checking in, as I'm currently moping on my bed and figured I should perhaps be a little productive..

I've got my tube out, which is a positive: after my 12th NG tube I was granted a day earlier for it to come out by the doctor because of my progress. Started to gain weight, yesterdays weigh in read 45.4kg I think, slowly getting closer to my goal. I'm currently on full solids except for dinner, I'm on fortisip for that (vom!!).

I'm really not finding Rivendell helpful at all tbh. I got more support back at home, and they could've just done the refeeding at our local hospital. It hasn't made any impact on me at all, other than forcing down food and having little freedom. I feel isolated and cannot wait to be able to discharge myself and go home..

I've thought about it and I'm going to hopefully generate a reasonable, better diet plan which I can stick to with my dietician, so I can stay out of inpatient and hopefully participate in life again!

I'd do the challenge but it's tough to type on my phone for too long, so I'll wish everyone the best for this final stretch, you've all done amazingly <3
Fight like a girl..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal