collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89492 times)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 11 & 12 pg 93!! 12 Days Left!
« Reply #1410 on: September 04, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »
Well, my goal for this challenge was to loose 10 pounds and as of yesterday, I've done it! Hooray! Still feeling a bit overwhelmed with school & work and all but I'll get used to it. I just feel like I'm go, go, go all day. I need to really focus on the relaxation challenge :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 11 & 12 pg 93!! 12 Days Left!
« Reply #1411 on: September 04, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »
I have not done very well. I have nearly stopped eating...but with the musical I am in I am constantly moving. I am just getting emotionally drained from a lot of things. Feel like a maid in my home, turning 30 scares me and makes me feel depressed, every day I have to hear how everyone has a solos in the play but me. I really wish that was overstating...but my only solo is a line "where the cabs dont stop" I feel sad as comes with a wonderful female week...sorry for the pity party.

With the mention of ponies...even cleaning ponies does bring me up:)
Take a few minutes to think about possible ways that you can find support when you are struggling?
I do come here for support, but I sometimes feel I am bringing others down...or I am just in a self pity mood:P I will get over this its another hill. I do find support with my kitty Lilly. She always knows when to give me cuddles. She is always by my side when we sleep. I always wake up to a purr.

Take a few minutes each day to just spend some time relaxing, whether it's having a mini-spa in the shower or spending 5 minutes meditating before you get out of bed.

Right now till Oct 5 of relax is sleep. I am lucky my job is not insane. Its rather calm most days. So maybe I do get to relax at that time. Yup up at 7:00am get hubby out the door, clean litter, feed pets, dishes, load of laundry get me ready out the door for work by 10am work till 5 but start teaching lessons(still working the front desk) from 3pm to 6:30. 6:30 Play practice till 10:00pm by that time I want to go to bed:P

I might get a chance Thrus to clean some ponies I got at a rummage sale:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 04, 2012, 01:10:30 PM »
I'm doing a bit better today, school started so I have people to talk to. I'm not so alone all the time. Plus I walk to class so I'm getting more moving about in.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1413 on: September 04, 2012, 02:36:18 PM »
Gir i hare sabatogers!!! The people who go and buy junk food but leave the rest for you. They want to be nice but they know you are on a diet. Its like they give you junk so you stop looking like you are loosing weight. Sorry for rant. My coworker and i are work to loose weight. Huge age difference so its not as easy for her. But she goes gets fast food but leaves me the fries. Saying no is way hard as they get placed at the front desk......gir
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 04, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »
CG13, you're not turning 30, you're celebrating the first anniversary of your 29th birthday! And french fries are one of my favorite foods. It would be hard for me to resist, too.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1415 on: September 04, 2012, 05:49:26 PM »
After talking to my physical therapist, I think I am going to cut down on my number of visits per month and just get a gym membership.  That way I'll cut down on expenses and have 24/7 access to stationary bikes, elipitcals, a lap pool, and some yoga classes (the only activities I'm really cleared for yet).  Then just a monthly check-in at PT to check on my status and add/remove activities as needed.  I am going in tomorrow evening for a free yoga class (I'm getting a trial pass) and a tour of the gym.  It's within biking distance, so I'm thinking I can ride my bike there for yoga 3x/week and then do some laps after to cool down.  It will help me burn off this excess energy I have built up over the last few months and make me feel better.

Food-wise, the switch to GF is going well!  Had a BBQ with the in-laws yesterday for Labor Day and I had called them in advance to warn them of the diet change, just in case.  I wasn't expecting anything special, just making sure the main course wasn't pasta.  When I got there, they made rice, chicken, and veggies so I could eat with them.  And they even bought me some gluten-free bread that was better than I'd expected so I could have some with dinner.  And for dessert, they brought me a plate of GF cookies since I couldn't have pie.  Everything tasted fine, even if the texture was a little different.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: September 04, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »

I've already realized this is a big problem for me. I have NO support. I don't have a boyfriend, none of my friends are close any more, my mom just berates me, and there are no other family members to talk to  :huh: Recently I've thought about entering therapy if only for the purpose of having an objective person to actually talk to.

I am so sorry, Rhini :( I am currently 'in the market, as it were' for support. My Bff moved, and even with texting etc, it's not the same. My other friends have had their lives dump garbage all over them of late. We got 2 cats who are sweethearts and my husband says he's noticed I seem more relaxed since we've gotten them. I do have to admit that they make me feel less lonely.

My husband is hopefully switching to graveyard (hallelujiah!) again which will make me (and all of us) SUPER happy. I can run again and have an actual life. My kids go to school in a week YAY! That will give me even more time to take care of myself physically and emotionally. My new meds are doing pretty good so far, I need to be better at taking both doses when I am supposed to. I know there is more I can be doing, I just need to try harder.

It's very hard for me to relax. I am always so worried about my kids (rightly so, they are danger magnets) and I think it will help when they are at school. I'll try though. I haven't really earned many points these past 2 weeks, just 6. I need to get it together.

I wish I could get a gym membership and meet some friends with the same nerdy interests as me at the gym. Maybe I will try to get a membership and wear shirts with ponies on them at the gym, that always pulls people out of the woodwork. XD
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:30:31 PM by Salli »

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: September 05, 2012, 12:10:46 AM »
For anyone needing support, I totally recommend checking in here daily.  This is a thread full of like minded people all facing the same problem.  We can support each other :hug:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1418 on: September 05, 2012, 10:31:17 AM »
Sigh. I ate out again:( Sigh. Thats it. I am getting off my sorry little but and kicking this thing for sure. I gave up pop I can give up this habit. I am going cold turkey on this. After today...no extra food or anything! I will use this site in a way to give me strength as I take on this adventure! *off Soap Box*

Now that we are getting closer to the end...sniff sniff. Its kind of time to think about Round 3:) I would not mind starting the board for it. With 95 or more pages I think new comers would have a hard time joining in. I would not have the ability to send everyone a pony...even just one:( I am actually on lock down as hubby and I make ends meet. But I did have a thought of rewarding yourself. We will use me for an example. If I can go 7 days(yes I know I tried before:P) without eating or buying extra junk I can go clean a pony. So I would post my goal. Then I would post if I reach or failed my goal. I reached it so I cleaned this pony and show off if I wanted to;) If I failed maybe it would...be I saw that I used my emotions as an excuse or trying to find a way to understand that?

I would love to host...but I have no way of getting a pony to others. I would like to keep the daily challenges:) Let me know what all of you think:) I would stat it Oct 1 and go to Jan 1. This could also go as a new years resolution:) Its still healthy habits so it could be gain or loose weight or it could be breaking a habit, gaining a habit, something you think that if you had someone to answer to would help you along.

Please let me know your ideas. Feel free to PM if you would like:)

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: September 05, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »
Well, my goal for this challenge was to loose 10 pounds and as of yesterday, I've done it! Hooray!
Yay, congrats! :frolic:

Quote from: ZennaBug
Food-wise, the switch to GF is going well!
It's awesome that your in-laws accommodated you. Sometimes they're not the easiest to deal with. :P

Unfortunately I really doubt I'm going to hit my goal of being slim enough for my Halloween costume. I bought the dress, a size smaller on purpose to make it a goal. I absolutely adore the dress too, so that helps. I've just been so tired lately for unknown reasons. So I end up sitting around half-asleep for most of the day.

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1420 on: September 05, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
Apples are a natural source of get up and go awakeness

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 05, 2012, 01:21:35 PM »

I've already realized this is a big problem for me. I have NO support. I don't have a boyfriend, none of my friends are close any more, my mom just berates me, and there are no other family members to talk to  :huh: Recently I've thought about entering therapy if only for the purpose of having an objective person to actually talk to.

I am so sorry, Rhini :( I am currently 'in the market, as it were' for support. My Bff moved, and even with texting etc, it's not the same. My other friends have had their lives dump garbage all over them of late. We got 2 cats who are sweethearts and my husband says he's noticed I seem more relaxed since we've gotten them. I do have to admit that they make me feel less lonely.

My husband is hopefully switching to graveyard (hallelujiah!) again which will make me (and all of us) SUPER happy. I can run again and have an actual life. My kids go to school in a week YAY! That will give me even more time to take care of myself physically and emotionally. My new meds are doing pretty good so far, I need to be better at taking both doses when I am supposed to. I know there is more I can be doing, I just need to try harder.

It's very hard for me to relax. I am always so worried about my kids (rightly so, they are danger magnets) and I think it will help when they are at school. I'll try though. I haven't really earned many points these past 2 weeks, just 6. I need to get it together.

I wish I could get a gym membership and meet some friends with the same nerdy interests as me at the gym. Maybe I will try to get a membership and wear shirts with ponies on them at the gym, that always pulls people out of the woodwork. XD
:hug: Thanks Salli. I swear the older you get, the harder it is to maintain friendships. I got a cat not that long ago as well, and I don't know what I do without him. He's such a good source of happiness and unconditional love that it's hard not to feel better when he's there. And while he's a good listener, he's not much for talking problems through :P

I'm still waiting to see if my new medication works, and I'm hopeful it will soon. I've met several pony people and they have all turned out to be wonderful friends! :cheer:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1422 on: September 05, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »
Take a few minutes to think about possible ways that you can find support when you are struggling?

My support system is mainly my husband and my mom.  My husband tries to help me out and keep me on track and gives me a hug when I need it.  He is not always the most sensitive though...not that he does it on purpose...just because he doesn't understand some things I am going through.  He tries though.  My mom has always been there for me when I have needed her, however since I decided to get married that relationship is a little strained.  I don't know if it has to do with me and my husband now officially being a unit and she is not my main family anymore or what.  I hope our relationship doesn't degrade any more than it has.

As far as relaxing...that may be tough this next week even though it will definitely be needed due to mounting homework that I hate and 2 tests coming up.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #1423 on: September 05, 2012, 08:13:29 PM »
Ive at least gotten exercise the past few days and my basement is finally settled!  It only took me nine months...  >P

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1424 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:06 PM »
To ahamed to admit what regression i put myself through.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal