collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89301 times)

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 7 Challenge pg 77!!
« Reply #1200 on: August 05, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »
Haha go geeks!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Candy_Bang

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Have a happy, colourful day! <3
    • View Profile
    • Looking for WaePonies on Facebook?
« Reply #1201 on: August 06, 2012, 03:53:59 AM »
Hi everyone!

So... I don't think I've been around for a couple of weeks (maybe three)... Things have been up and down.

I got into the postgraduate course I wanted, which is amazing, but I've now been running around like crazy because I'm probably going to have to sell up and move, and it will be a 2hour each way commute until that happens (which I'm used to, but that's exhausting). Plus I'm going to have to keep myself financially afloat.

On top of this, my work environment has been somewhat traumatic recently, which isn't helping me budget for the future. I love my job, but the atmosphere can be 'toxic' and that's... frustrating to say the least. I was actually scared to go in last time, but it was actually okay.

Unsurprisingly, this is all having an impact on my attempts to be fit and healthy. I'm managing to keep reasonably fit but not as much as I really want to be. My eating habits... meh. I've been starting my days off starving then binging when things get too stressful. I'm technically probably getting a reasonable amount of calories and I'm doing my best to still get nutrition, but I'm not doing as well as I'd like. I think I've lost a little bit of weight but that could just be from stress. I'm... a bit unsure of my recent points.

I need to snap out of this slump. My course starts in September and I need to be healthy enough to juggle everything. Last year my grades really suffered because the stress I was under (caring for my grieving alcoholic partner, travelling to and from England due to a terminal family member...) triggered a medical condition I have where my blood pressure plumets (stops blood getting to my stomach and brain).

And on top of that, I'd actually like to be on top form to meet all the new people on my course and look nice, instead of being a grey-skinned vampire who can't concentrate on anything.

So I need to make an extra effort to eat properly and exercise as much as possible. If I can make the time I might try posting here most days, so I can keep track of myself better and feel more accountable.

Anyway, I think I'll try the challenges I've missed. I'm having a sick day from work and I don't know what to do with myself (or feel well enough to do anything). I couldn't keep breakfast down (stress? illness? I don't know) so I've now had sharp hunger pains for a few hours, so anything I can focus my mind on is great. Probably why I'm rambling on like this.

Weekly Challenge #5 Look back over the previous 4 weeks. Pick out 5 positive changes you can see in yourself or life directly as a result of you making the choice to be healthier.

1- Despite the stress, I'm really proud of myself for applying to the postgrad course I wanted and getting an unconditional acceptance. I was having so many blackouts and missing so much class that I almost didn't apply. I didn't think I'd be good enough or be well enough. I put myself out there, and now I have a goal to focus on.
2- I haven't deliberately purged at all during Healthy Habits, even though there have been times that I've really struggled with the urge. I've been doing well not to regress. It might not sound like it, but I'm a lot healthier than I was 4 (or even 2) years ago.
3- I used to have some really ugly stretch marks from yo-yo-ing with drastic weight loss. I noticed recently that they're gone now.
4- I'm really beginning to see the correlation to my mood and my hunger levels.
5- I've had 3 food-related panic attacks in front of my mother, because it's very unusual for me to go out to eat with her. It's something we only really do when I am desperately hungry or I've just had a blackout. Before this sort of thing would have triggered me into a severe starve cycle, and a binge/purge nightmare after that. These times I've managed to eat normally and even digest the food.

#6 Part 1:
Each day, pick out one positive thing that you feel you contributed to OR about yourself.

I encourage people to do things that bring them fufilment.

Part 2:
Take some time to look back over the last 6 weeks, ask yourself and evaluate how well your goals and plans have worked for you.
Have you learned to be a little flexible and make different choices? Are you happy with how things are working out? Do you see the need for some changes in the next 6 weeks? Take some time this week to evaluate what is and what might not be working so well for you right now.

Um, they're kind of sucking right now, but even what I'm doing right now is an improvement from last year.  I've adapted to my circumstances in that I simply do not have the time to dance for two or three hours a day and more. But I really need to find the time to for that in a week.

Weekly Challenge #7 Do something this week to pamper yourself. You get to decide, but I think that it's important to remember that we are doing this to be healthy but that it's also okay to still do things to make ourselves feel better.

Um... Taking a sick day probably doesn't count, since I know fine well I'd be pretty weak if I'd tried to work. I might snuggle up with a MLP cartoon.

:shocked: Wow! Who knew I could write so much? Enough from me, what have I missed in my absense? Let's hear some good news about what you guys have achieved!
I'm in search of my childhood Princess Serena/ Aquamarine with blue and gold tinsel. Have you seen her? <3

WIP Wish List here: http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,298148.msg227145.html#msg227145

WaePonies! Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WaePonies

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1202 on: August 06, 2012, 07:34:03 AM »
Doing great candy_bang:) i know i wanted things to be fast but sometimes they cant.....no matter what in life your health comes first:)

2 points on sat and sun. Sat ate well and did just dance wii in heels....i know it sounds silly...but my musical audition is a week from today!!!!! From years of soar feet and pageant you have to get used to the shoes....and my character is often in heels so i better be ready at auditions to dance in heels:)

Proud of myself sunday. Normally a visit to my parents results in over eating and junk food.....i did not gorged myself like i normally do!!! Yeah. So since friday 2 days of not grabbing extras or spending money:) yeah. 5 to go for a new blind bag:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 06, 2012, 08:24:28 AM »
I took a huge step toward my general well being this Friday: I finally went to the doctor and am getting treated for my depression. This is so big for me since I've struggled to deal with it for about the past 10 years and have been fighting a continually losing battle. I hope medication will let me gain back some control over my life and consequently my eating habits and my weight.

I'm just breathing a huge sigh of relief knowing that the end to all this ridiculousness is in sight.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 06, 2012, 08:36:56 AM »
Rhini and Candy_Bang, huge congrats to both of you, and also to everyone else :hug:

Rhini, that must've taken you a lot of courage.. and taking that first step is the way to regaining the upper hand in that turbulent battle, you should be proud of yourself for it hun. I wish you all the best, do let us know how you're progressing. ^.^

Candy_Bang, well done for getting onto your course, lovely!! Definitely something to look towards. It sounds like things have been unbelievably tough for you lately, and I'm so sorry about that.. The fast / binge cycle is a tough one, if you're needing extra support I am always on hand.. as are Beat, which I think you may possibly find useful. Will PM you the info, honey. <3

I've not been finding it easy, I'll admit. Still in a highly restrictive mode and exercising (which strangely enough isn't giving me the highs it used to, I just feel ehxausted now) but I'm restarting ballet once term begins and I'm a little healthier (post-inpatient). ^.^

Something which is not commonly known is that I used to be a dancer. Between the ages of around 6 and 11, I attended dance schools, won various awards.. I lived for dance at one point in my childhood. Unfortunately I was forced to leave just before starting high school because of bullying - I'd come home covered in bruises at that point, and enough was enough. I'm still very flexible, luckily, and I cannot *wait* to continue ballet training. :D Advanced adult classes, so no more bitchy girls or basics!! XD
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:44:57 AM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 06, 2012, 11:41:58 AM »
Hooray for everyone's good news! I'm so glad that this group is so wonderful and supportive. I know it helps me out a lot and it sure seems like it's helping others a lot as well.

Brightside, it's so great to hear you'll be getting back into a childhood passion. That is the best feeling in the world. I started riding horses again after about 15 years not too long ago and it is pure joy!

Way to go Rhini! I've been aware of and learning to manage my depression for years and I know how hard it is to get to the doctor, but it's totally worth it. It can be tough to get the meds and dosages right, so make sure to give it plenty of time, but even just making the effort and having that support can be a great relief right off the back.

Good Luck on your audition, Crowning_Glory. You're a stronger woman than I to tolerate heels. I'm completely, "Ow, that hurts, not gonna happen!"  :lol:

Congratulations Candy_Bang on your course! That's so wonderful! Good luck on all your goals and never forget to take care of yourself.

My daughter slept really late today and I managed to get up before her (nearly unprecedented!) and had time to work out, which makes me feel strong and sexy. I've eaten really great so far today and I feel awesome! I just don't understand why I resist so hard doing things that feel great. If I could figure that out, my entire life would change for the better in gigantic ways.

Hope everypony has a fantastic day. Big hugs and much Love!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 06, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »
My daughter slept really late today and I managed to get up before her (nearly unprecedented!)

Gotta love it when ya kids sleep in!  ;)  One day, when they're older, we won't be able to get them out of bed!  :lol:

Slow and steady for me at the mo... I had a friend up in my town for the weekend (the one getting married in October, and one of the reasons I signed up for this challenge - I'm going to be her bridesmaid and want to slim down a little for the event!)

We had a lovely weekend together; I organised a hen night dinner/drinks for her so we had lots of fun there, and we walked our asses off wedding shopping on both Saturday and Sunday (so whilst I didn't grunt it out working out in front of her, I'm still giving myself points for still eating surprisingly well and being very active on my feet!) We found a lovely dress for me to wear, and whilst it fits well, I can see those love handles curving over more than they should! Now I'm feeling the pressure!

I started skipping to burn calories/get the heart rate up... OMbloodyG... I can't even skip for a more than a minute or so in one go without feeling knackered!! It's not so bad while you are skipping, but if you trip up on the rope or need to stop for a split second (i.e. kids bugging you every 3.5 seconds) you really feel it! I must have flopped on the couch ten times to catch my breath!!!  :faint:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #1207 on: August 06, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
My chart for the last several days looks like binary...  All 1s and 0s.  >P

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
« Reply #1208 on: August 06, 2012, 08:22:34 PM »
Check in

I'm sorry I haven't been here this past week guys. Things have been SUPER busy for me this past week and I'm just running super behind. I'll do as much as I can to get caught up this week.

I'm also in the process of moving to Houston (for my internship) as well as finishing up my 5-week summer class. I have a Final due Wednesday (so I don't have to drag my books to Houston).

*hugs* I'm alive! I've also had a couple of very serious personal set-backs (e.g. I found out my husband was cheating on me). So I've been very up and down over the last couple of days. Additionally, I've done a lot of emotional eating and gained back quite a bit of what I lost. =/

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 07, 2012, 12:39:59 AM »
OMG Surfstar  :cry:  I'm sooooo so so so sorry to hear that  :cry:

Honestly, I don't know what to say. I just hope you get through this ok. That's a wound I couldn't begin to imagine. My sincerest thoughts are with you  :hug:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 07, 2012, 12:53:38 AM »
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear your news, Surfstar.  I was once in a similar situation in that I found out my partner of 8 years was cheating on me - and I was the last to know.  I know how hard things must be for you right now.  If you feel like you need someone to talk to feel free to drop me a PM.  :hug:

Crowning_glory: I love that you worked out in heels!  If you can dance in them you can certainly audition in them!

hyenacub - at least you are still keeping track.  I know when I fall off the bandwagon I tend to stick my head in the sand (cupboard!) and hide rather than face up to my failings.  The fact you are still keeping going shows how determined you are - and that's what will pay off for you in the end.  You go girl!

Marlin: Keep up with that skipping. It is totally under-rated as an exercise imo.  LOL, I can just imagine you flopping on the couch :D

LeighAnnApanites: I'm glad to hear you are feeling sexy because of all of the exercise you have been doing!  I hope to follow in your footsteps :frolic:

I am now at an 11kg weight loss, but the chocolate seems to be calling tonight...

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 07, 2012, 07:16:13 AM »
I was going to come here & post a pic of my new sneaks for the gym, but now it seems so shallow compared to what other people are experiencing right now. I don't want to come across as an inconsiderate jerk; I'm not like that.

SurfStar: I don't even know what to say. :unsure: Words just aren't enough. I wish I could help you. Maybe you can bury yourself in your studies for the time being. I hope you can work through it to be able to heal. :hug:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 07, 2012, 08:37:35 AM »
My chart for the last several days looks like binary...  All 1s and 0s.  >P

same xD but for like... almost the whole challenge. Darn!

shockponie- post your sneakers! this thread is for all of us and for all the things we have to post, negative or positive. I personally have a hard time wanting to post anything at all when there's a deeper issue being posted on the thread, but it is silly because we're all here for each other even for the little stuff or happy stuff, right?

surfstar- major hugs! :(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:45:20 AM by lemontwist »
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1213 on: August 07, 2012, 09:43:23 AM »
Oh no, SurfStar!  :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sending healing thoughts your way, Love.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 07, 2012, 10:09:16 AM »
SurfStar- that's TERRIBLE!!  :shocked: Of all people, you so don't deserve that. You are such a sweetheart.
 :hug: sending my hugs too...

Update: I had two 2-point days last week! yay! But then it got super hot and I lamed out. The good things is that that should be the last triple-digit day we have this year, YAY! I did do my pampering (hair done/cut) and my hubby bought me a bike so we can all ride together as a family. It's purple and I want to put Princess Luna on it somewhere :D Also, my new doc and meds seem to be working well. Now I think I am coming down with a head cold or something :( The good news is that these meds come with reduced appetite XD lol.

I only earned 6 points last week, but things are looking up!

Surfstar, let me know if there's anything I can do.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal