collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 91979 times)

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 7 Challenge pg 77!!
« Reply #1215 on: August 07, 2012, 10:25:59 AM »
surf star i dont know what to say  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: i hope it can get better for you

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: August 08, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »
Posted by shockponie:
I was going to come here & post a pic of my new sneaks for the gym, but now it seems so shallow compared to what other people are experiencing right now. I don't want to come across as an inconsiderate jerk; I'm not like that.

I was going to reply to your post about buying new shoes but it totally slipped my mind as I was writing. I think new shoes are a great reward and I would love to see pics of yours!  I am sure Surfstar would understand - let her see how much she has helped us all and it might help to cheer her up a little :)

I ate too much chocolate last night so lost my eating point.  The good thing is that it was not a huge binge blow-out and I managed to stop at three rows - which is a vast improvement on half a block!

Today I got .5 point for exercise because I got stuck at the auction all day, and 1 point for eating :)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #1217 on: August 08, 2012, 12:24:32 AM »
I didn't do well this last week.  I ate like crap (all the healthy food is gone and I can't drive yet to get more) and my leg was hurting so much that I haven't been good about keeping it moving.

Yesterday I did have one positive:  we went to a water park and my intention was to stay in the pool and carefully kick my legs.  It's the motion I need without the weight that I am forbidden to put on my leg.  It felt amazing!  I have always been a good swimmer and I mostly tread water with just my arms.  I almost forgot that my leg is all messed up!  I even did a couple very careful lengths of the pool, so I got way more exercise than I've gotten in weeks.

Starting January, I will be clear to exercise again.  I've decided on crossfit and yoga.  I can't wait!  The promise of exercise is keeping me going.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #1218 on: August 08, 2012, 02:03:21 AM »
Ugh!  How could anyone cheat on someone so nice?  D< 

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Man I hope things get a lot better for you, SurfStar!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: August 08, 2012, 04:18:57 AM »
^ Ditto that, hyenacub.  Also, I read in the other thread that you laugh at MFHV.  I just wanted to tell you that so do I.  Like, I laugh out loud, lol. 

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: August 08, 2012, 09:26:37 AM »
I agree with Cubby's post entirely.. Surfstar, I am so so sorry :hug: :hug: I wish on every star in the sky that things will start looking up for you soon.. :(

Not really sure what to say in terms of how I'm doing. I've got my assessment at the ED unit I will probably going to on Friday, so admission may be within the next week. Becoming increasingly nervous and apprehensive about it tbh.. so on a weird combination of fasting, exercising, b/p-ing.. it's been an erratic week.
Fight like a girl..

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: August 08, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
SurfStar, I'm so sorry. :( It's morally reprehensible, what he did. You need all the support you can get right now. Please put yourself first. :)

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: August 08, 2012, 10:56:57 AM »
I'm so sorry SurfStar, I can't imagine what you must be dealing with right now. Do take care of yourself and know that we are all hear for you!

I'm still plugging along with my plan. My exercise partner and I are back on track together after a long hiatus. I've slipped up a time or two with my diet but not too bad. All in all I've made some progress but not as much as I'd hoped. Still any progress is better than none!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1223 on: August 08, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »
SurfStar we are here for you!!!! MAJOR BIG HUGS....I have been cheated on and it just takes it out on you. You constantly evaluate yourself and 90% of the time it is not good. My husband has had more cheating done to him...and I see the emotional hardships one has to go through. I really wish I could give you a big hug right now. Remember it is ok to cry. It is ok to scream and yell at the world. But try each day to look at a positive. You have brought many of us here to a higher life then we could imagine. We all have worked hard for our goals and it was because you inspired us. It's a pity your husband does not see that. I know there are many pony fans in the Houston area who will be there by your side. I would think about finding them...so you do not feel so lonely in your travels. With the travels you may find it is nice to get away and feel free to deal things in your own way. Remember and this is for everyone....each day we do the best we can no matter what life throws at us. We all have set back of different degrees but with this support group we know that we can all make it through.

If we can do anything to help you out...do not hesitate to ask. That is for anyone here. My PM is open to anyone and I try to read everything here as the best as I can.

I have fallen off the band wagon too. Yesterday I bought candy as well as today. I had to pick up some groceries and wanted to grab a motivational blind bag that I could not open...well they are gone from my store:( I searched everywhere....we have new ponies! Just got the luggage Brushables, and FS Luna and Celestia and the Wedding Castle....but no blind bags. There was a full box when I was last there....I can not award myself with these items....as they are a bit pricy and its too close to my birthday. So in my frustration I went for candy...it was my way of saying I was doing good...well now I am working it off:P So a few 1 point days for me. I have lost my track on here:P so I will just keep my records in my note book:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 09, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
*new day hugs to Surfstar*

I was on my way to the supermarket today when I happened to walk past a shoe shop that was having a sale.  I noticed a nice pair of short boots in the window another day, reduced from $229 to $159, but decided I didn't really need them...

Anyway, today I see the same boots for $69.90!  I went in and tried them on (I have really small feet so it's hard to find shoes in my size) and they fitted really well... so I took them home with me!! 

Aren't they uber cute??  I've been spending a lot of money on myself lately, but I refuse to feel guilty about it. I have felt so bad about myself for so long that until the last few weeks I can't remember the last time I bought anything nice for myself.  Besides, I work hard for my money and always pay all of my bills on time.  These are my 11.5kg loss boots, lol.  :frolic:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »
^ omg they're beautiful!! ^.^ wow, they'll look so striking.. well deserved, Kiwi.

Popping in to say that oatmeal is the food of the gods. Srsly.

I had to ask my friend on tumblr how she made it after nearly blowing up the micro and she said she lets the oats soak up the water, then adds a tonne of sugar (I use sweetener as I don't like sugar) and a bit of syrup. It's less than 100cal, it's filling and soooo tasty. <3
Fight like a girl..

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 09, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »
BrightSide- steel cut oats are the best :) They take a while to cook but it's so worth it, in my opinion. You can't microwave it though, at least I never do. I prefer porridge though, like more similar to cream of wheat.

ETA- My weight loss hasn't gone anywhere since I got into a size medium :( I don't have a lot of time for exercise and late night/early morning situps and just taking the stairs isn't cutting it anymore. I just don't know what to do at this point! I can't even exercise with my cousin when she does because she runs 6 miles and I can hardly run 1, and it's not fair to either of us to work around each other on that.

So I just dunno what to do to get more exercise on such a busy and unorganized schedule. I'm thinking I need to work on building more muscle too, but at least that is a little easier to do randomly if you know what to do.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:06:32 AM by lemontwist »
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: August 09, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »
Oatmeal, nom! I have been putting chia seeds in my "Overnight Oats in a Jar"
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/skinny-overnight-oats-in-jar.html
(One suggestion: I recommend adding the fruit of your choice in the morning when you actually eat it.)

Here are my new sneaks for the gym, btw:

They're like walking on marshmallows. :heart: :biggrin: I hadn't bought new shoes for nearly 2 years prior to these. I'm glad I opted for them than my usual skater sneakers.

Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: August 09, 2012, 11:17:13 AM »
I've been lazy lately so I haven't been working out but I have been working a lot outside. I'm stuck at about 175 but I'm at least not gaining anything back! I've been meeting my calorie goals daily no problem.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:53 PM »
Lol, shockponie - walking on marshmellows!!  It sounds like they are really comfortable :frolic:

Brightside, oatmeal will be really good for you!  I'm pleased you have found something that you like to eat :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal