collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89292 times)

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update & Week 7 Challenge pg 77!!
« Reply #1155 on: August 01, 2012, 05:29:58 AM »
I've had a rough time lately, but I'm not giving up. I have some new shoes on the way since I've been working out in sneakers that have zero grip, so I think for my pampering I'll work on my feet. I'm very good with taking care of my hands (skin & cuticles) when giving myself manicures, but when it comes to pedicures, I usually just slap on polish & call it a day. They really need pumice work, moisturizer, and cuticle care. :blush:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 01, 2012, 07:52:54 AM »
Anyone have pampering ideas that don't involve food, shopping or nail care? I'm having trouble trying to think of anything besides that  :huh: I don't wanna use food as a pamper, because that's what put me here and my wallet is already crying from all the stuff I ebay'd last week. And I don't really care about my nails.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 01, 2012, 07:59:39 AM »
I'm having that problem too Rhini...I don't want to eat, my money has to go on my swap partner (but that is fun shopping for that!) and regular girly pampering I see as a chore rather than a treat! I tried to have a lie in the past few mornings but was in so much pain I had to get up. I think I'm going to try and talk my OH into giving me a massage.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1158 on: August 01, 2012, 08:05:04 AM »
Rhini: Hmmmmm....you could always try dying your hair is you ever wanted to do that? :) Hair dye isn't too expensive at Walmart and such. If I can think of anything else that doesn't cost money I'll throw it out there. lol If anything, just take a day to relax and do what you love to do! And refuse to do any work whatsoever. lol
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 01, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »
I am thinking I'm going to do my nails (need to be done anyway) play some of my video games, and spend time with my bestie.  Not always pampering, but it will work.  She and I are going to do some sort of working out tonight, and I had a bit of a scare at karate last night, but I'm ok now.  Got to get back to knowing all the katas and what not...anyway, pampering. 

Thinking about going and playing pool with her at the bowling alley, nails over the next few days, and we are going next week to hurricane harbor as her last big to do before college starts up, so it's going to be fun.  =]  my pampering ideas suck too xD 

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 01, 2012, 09:22:36 AM »
Oh boy, can I ever do this week's challenge. I had to skip out on last week, unfortunately. Been in a crappy emotional state :( Maybe pampering is exactly what I need. Yesterday I was made to feel much better about myself thanks to my boyfriend so I'm trying to hold onto that to make a positive turn in my mood and such.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 01, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »
been doing great this werk havent pampered myself yet but every day has been at least a 2 point day

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #1162 on: August 01, 2012, 10:06:04 AM »
Pampering Ideas (that don't involve food, shopping or nails):
- Hair. Haircut, Hair Dye, Highlights, try something new.
- Take a trip to a zoo, aquarium or museum you love or have wanted to visit.
- Bubble bath. Take some time out of your day to take a long, hot, soothing bath.
- Go tanning. You don't need a booth, head out into your backyard and find a nice sunny spot.
- Date night. For those of you with a spouse/lover, have a really nice date night (with a really nice happy ending!).
- For the singletons, the above also applies, you know what I'm talking about.  :lol:
- Take some time to yourself and watch a movie, tv show or play a game you've been wanting to.
- Garage sales. Technically shopping, but you can find great deals and enjoy the thrill of the hunt!
- Try a new activity you've been wanting to try, but haven't had the time for.
- Have a fun night out with friends. Go dancing, bowling or visit an arcade. Do something fun!

I went with shopping, as my Target finally got in the Wedding Set. I lost my mind and we dropped a ton of money on it. Of course hubbs grabbed FS Fluttershy and a Rarity single at the first Target we stopped at, even after I told him that he jinxed it and now the small Target would have the wedding stuff and I'd have to leave something behind. Yup. Left the castle behind. Boo. Got FS Cadance/Shining Armor, all 3 Adventure BB Sets and all 3 of the plush. So, woo!

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 01, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
Anyone have pampering ideas that don't involve food, shopping or nail care?

Bubble bath? Home-made face mask for a facial (or those little packets are cheap at drugstores)? Snuggling in bed with a good book? Rainbowstars told me about foam rollers... If you are working out & have sore muscles, they feel verrry nice, like a massage.
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #1164 on: August 01, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »
I pamper myself with a book sometimes. Take the time to clean ponies is a pamper to me to:) Anything you feel is a luxury is pampering yourself:)

1 point Tues and Wed:( hump. I forgot my lunch today....so I bought something:( sigh. It wasnt very good either. I was just too lazy to make a better choice:(

Well blind bags are here and yes I want them all:P SO my goal is to go 5 days with no bad habits I get a blind bag or 2:) See if I can bribe a habit back into me. Once I get them all...we will see what I will do then. This will also keep me from spending like a wildfire too:P
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 01, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
*hugs brightside*  I don't think I've ever eaten fudge that I didn't like, lol.  I'm sorry to hear you are looking at a stay in hospital.  Can you maybe use it as a motivator to try eating a little more and taking your supplements?  I know it's easy for me to stay but if it keeps you at home then surely it is worth it?  Keep up those baby steps. You can beat this :hug:

:hug: thank you, lovely.. Oh, it was horrible! XD I had some unpleasant fudge today as well, but luckily I'd also picked up some 'tablet' which took the taste away.. It won't be keeping me at home I'm afraid, it's imminent that I'm going in: we're just waiting on them to say the word so I can start packing my suitcase and go. :(

But it's for the best, and I am hoping that even if it just makes me a little less physically weak and easier to engage (unfortunately I can't complete the whole 'treatment' course bc college) it's better than feeling run down and struggling to comprehend things. :]

I've had my pamper session today, the best friend and I had some wonderful retail therapy ^.^ I'm not supposed to, as we did lots of walking.. but I made up for it by eating lots of fudge and pushing myself, so I'd covered the calories I'd burned off.
Fight like a girl..

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 01, 2012, 11:23:11 PM »
My pampering....has been spending too much money on getting into customizing. lol xD It will be worth it in the end though ;D

I know right! I have bought so much stuff for customizing recently, but OH so much fun!

I have been on the same meds for 17 years and I HATE trying new ones.

I understand that completely! I was never on anything that long, but trying new meds, or even just changing dosage is always hard. Side effects are no fun! :hug: It's worth it if it helps you take care of yourself, though.

I haven't been hanging out here much, trying to get stuff done irl, but I feel much better than I did last time I checked in. I have completely lost track of my points, but I am being really aware of what I'm eating and mostly eating good things. Doing a little bit of exercise here and there. The scale said 185 this morning, which is about 6 pounds down from where I started, so I'm only a little behind on meeting my overall goal. This week the plan is to get that down to 184.

I am sending lots of Love and hugs :grouphug: to everypony, especially those of you who are feeling bad and struggling. Don't give up! You can do it! You're doing better than you might think! Keep up the great work!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 02, 2012, 01:26:57 AM »
There are some nice pamper ideas being tossed about here  :)  I haven't given it too much thought yet, truthfully. I've been a bit focused on a hen night dinner I'm organizing for a friend this weekend - she needs the pampering! I'll have a bit of fun with my hubby a bit later this month, and make up for it then if I don't do anything beforehand - it'll be our 5 year wedding anniversary on the 18th  :)  Plans are to get rid of the kids for the night, splash out on a nice dinner for just the two of us, and a movie... maybe the Dark Knight Rises (not very romantic, but I'm sure I'll have some inner squees at Tom Hardy  ;))

I bought skipping rope today. My exercises are good, but I'm not really burning fat or getting the heart rate up like I need to. After a test run, I think this jump rope might do the trick!  :crazy: :faint:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 02, 2012, 02:01:34 AM »
*hugs brightside*  I don't think I've ever eaten fudge that I didn't like, lol.  I'm sorry to hear you are looking at a stay in hospital.  Can you maybe use it as a motivator to try eating a little more and taking your supplements?  I know it's easy for me to stay but if it keeps you at home then surely it is worth it?  Keep up those baby steps. You can beat this :hug:

:hug: thank you, lovely.. Oh, it was horrible! XD I had some unpleasant fudge today as well, but luckily I'd also picked up some 'tablet' which took the taste away.. It won't be keeping me at home I'm afraid, it's imminent that I'm going in: we're just waiting on them to say the word so I can start packing my suitcase and go. :(

But it's for the best, and I am hoping that even if it just makes me a little less physically weak and easier to engage (unfortunately I can't complete the whole 'treatment' course bc college) it's better than feeling run down and struggling to comprehend things. :]

I've had my pamper session today, the best friend and I had some wonderful retail therapy ^.^ I'm not supposed to, as we did lots of walking.. but I made up for it by eating lots of fudge and pushing myself, so I'd covered the calories I'd burned off.

I'm pleased you are still looking on the brightside (no pun intended!).  I can't imagine how hard you must find things on a daily basis.  I really hope you get some of your energy back and start feeling healthier again. 

Marlin - yay that you bought a skipping rope!!  You'll be surprised how quickly your fitness improves :)

I am loving reading all of the things people have been doing to pamper themselves.  As I've been indulging myself practically all through this challenge I have not done anything particuarly special this week yet - but today it hit me that I have worn perfume to work every day so far.  That is not something 'fat' me used to do, and it's a nice reminder of my new outlook and how far I have come.  I am also thinking about putting a pretty clutch purse on layby for myself as a reward for when I hit my next goal of 15kgs :)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 02, 2012, 07:26:48 AM »
Well, triple digit temps and a raging sinus infection have cut out my exercise altogether for the past 4 or 5 days. I have not felt like eating much but I have been drinking lots of juice. I got on the scale today and was surprised that I've dropped a few pounds. I know it's from being sick, but hopefully I can keep them off. I think I'll paint my toenails and maybe dye my hair for this week's challenge. I have noticed that I'm craving fruits for sweets rather than junk food. So there's one healthy habit I've made during this challenge!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal