collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89169 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
SurfStar, you're amazing! Good luck on the challenge! I got DDR Extreme 2 for the PS2 and now I'm trying to unlock "Sakura" by RevenG and "Daikenkai".

25 points as of yesterday. Lost my food point to a bad case of the munchies and hubbs hogged the TV so I only got one round of DDR in. Pfft. Been having a lot of pretty significant chest pain, it's a little worrisome. Will see how it goes.

I saw the challenge early yesterday, so I got a chance to reflect on my craving for munchies. Why do I eat munchies? A lot of the time it's my husband's bad influence. He munches. A lot. So I see him munching and then I want to munch, but then I just want to keep munching and nibbling and not consider that I'm consuming way more calories than I think I am. When my husband was out-of-state at the beginning of this year I lost 10 pounds because I wasn't eating nearly as much and I was exercising twice a day. I let him get to me and it kills my self-control.

As for my fitness, I play DDR because it's fun and I thoroughly enjoy it! The exercise of it is more like an added bonus and that's how I manage to do it consistently without ever feeling unmotivated to play. I play because I love to play and that really helps me in the long run.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Yuru, don't feel like you have to get DDR for the Xbox! I honestly think the DDR for PS2 is so much better. I love how you can make playlists on there and such :) On Xbox, the best way to actually play to loose weight is through "Questing" and that honestly gets pretty annoying. It's also the only way to unlock songs. It frustrates me :/ I would go back to PS2 in a heartbeat if I could! Keep up the great work on it though! :3 DDR is the most fun I ever have working out. haha :)

Surfstar, holy cow you are amazing for replying to everyone! I could never do that! Thank you so much for all of your support and hard work :) I would love to see your ideas for the mascot! It definitely helps to see what people are talking about rather than going off a description  :P Just let me know when/if you have time for a trade! I totally understand if you don't have time.  ^.^

As for yesterday it was a 1.5 day. I stayed under my calories, however what I ate still wasn't exactly healthy  :huh: So .5 there. I went on a walk around the park as well :) The weather here has gotten way too ridiculously hot  >_< So now I'm at 25.5 I believe :3
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
SurfStar, you are amazing for keeping up with everything! ^.^ Thank you ever so much..

I'm still in quite a bit of pain / nauseous from yesterday, it really didn't go down well psychologically either. Managed to burn most of it off rather quickly with doing intense cardio and with being sick. XD The wii confused me incredibly though, it said I was under 7st? :what: Last time I was measured in clinic, it was gracing it.. I'm assuming that it could possibly be fluid loss and dehydration, but even after I'd had a drink it didn't change. I was wearing the same weight of clothing I'm asked to wear in clinic..

The thing with me is that I tend to take one step forward, two steps back. :(
Even on the ward it was like this. They'd pump fluids into me, and as soon as I'd gained the weight enterally I'd panic and restrict oral intake, so they'd then have to increase the enteral amounts. :yikes: And if I do manage to do fairly well with my Ensures or have a teensy bit of food, I'll then go out of my way to burn it off or get rid of it or fast to make up for it.

My progress has been notably slower and less promising than other girls (who were in with me), but this is why they're having to pull out all the stops and put in different measures with me.  My team know that it's not me sabotaging this, it's the disorder.. we just have to keep trying until eventually we can start recovery..
Fight like a girl..

Offline hlbmlp

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
so jealous! I can unlock songs on my ddrs but for some reason it always goes back to what it had before that days workout.... bleh! oh well! ^___^  <3  still bummn around!  again just one point a day.  GAH!  cant keep up with everyone... :/  so 3 pts more so total of 13... I REALLY need to step up my game!!!  Just really hard with my work schedule right now, especially since my bike wheels went dead and i need to get new ones... :/  meh I live! ^_^ 
My Etsy . My Blog

If i owe you feedback pm me, my brain is not always here.

thanks kiwisquirtbottle for helping with codes!!! <3

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
Surfstar You are AMAZING! I'm certainly not annoyed by your replies. I love to see your responses. You're so caring and supportive, it always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to see how much you care about all of us and the time and energy you put into showing it.

I'm glad you like tai chi. It helps me in all kinds of different ways, physically, mentally and emotionally. Definitely look in to a class because I'm sure I'd never have learned it from a video or the internet. There are just so many subtleties that are hard to get if you can't ask questions.

Aw, shucks . . . :redface: my upbeatness is a deliberate and sometimes challenging decision. I have depression and anxiety and because I hate taking medications that are only marginally helpful (there are, of course, times and places where it is a real Godsend, but as maintenance, it doesn't work for me) I changed the way I think instead. I have to keep practicing, and there are days I can't manage it, but really, I'm very proud of myself. I share it with other people as much as I can, because I know how miserable it is to be miserable, so I try to give people the support and encouragement I'd like to have.

Brightside was your wii board sitting on carpet or a hard surface? If it's not on a hard surface, it's really inaccurate. Although there are supposed to be little feet that make it work on carpet, I don't really know anything about that.

Gosh, I'm so wordy. I really get carried away sometimes. Lots of Love to everypony. I'll check in later with a (shorter!) update.

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
^ It was indeed on carpet, the little feet seem okay but I've heard the balance boards can be inaccurate.. Generally ours has not been too bad, it's always been within a few pounds of what is right. Much to my mom's hatred - it gave her such a shock when she realised how much weight she'd gained. XD
Fight like a girl..

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
SurfStar...I like being mistaken for a kid.  XD

Well at least when you come troll me I'll remember to laugh about it =P You're not that far away!

LOL  Yep.  My mom is 5 foot nothing...I get it from her.  My geat-grandparents were short, too.

I get my staggering height from my maternal side too. My great grandmother was 4 foot 11. Most days I'm happy I broke 5 ft!

Eh.  Not great, but not horrible. :hug: Thanks.

I'll take it! :hug: I hope that it's getting better as you go.

:nodnodL  Ate well, and also going to go do some work in the basement when I am done here.  I hope you feel better soon, Surf!  And yeah, I like the Deal-A-Meal.  It's one from the 80s...I can tell by the random 80's geometric shapes in the booklet. XD  I got it all for a quarter.

80's designs are pretty darn distinctive. I think my Mom has the one from the 90's.. they updated the graphics and included people wearing neon. =)

Not me.  I like reading what you say to others.  You're an inspiration and great support, SurfStar.  :lovey:

:) I try anyway, I think that has to count for something.

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:23:44 AM

Thank you.  I just feel down tonight for some reason.  I can hear the chocolate calling but I'm going to do my best to resist.

Okay, epic fail on the eating tonight.  I ate about half a block of chocolate :(

One point for exercise.

These things happen :) Today is a brand new day and I'm sure things will work out better. I hope that the chocolate was at least tasty. Also remember, instead of completely giving up things you enjoy, just enjoy them in moderation that way you don't feel so deprived. Comfort food isn't bad you just want to start slowly making it less of an emotional crutch. :hug:

:) You're still doing amazing!

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:24:15 AM

Haven't had much time to read the posts so I'm just checking in. Stayed busy today!
I can give myself a point but my eating kinda sucked. Tomorrow I NEED to get up early to take care of some stuff downtown so that will be a good start at least.

:hug: I hope that you're able to get everything done you want to do! :) Sounds like you're going to be a bit busy!

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:24:52 AM

Omg Surfstar - you are such a legend! It's amazing and wonderful how you respond to everyone!  :)

:hug: I try anyway. :) Thank you though, I just try and set aside time to reply so that way everyone knows I'm keeping up with things.

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:26:15 AM

Nothing new to report, eating habits still good, still traipsing around a hospital.

*makes a nest out of duvets and eeyores and climbs in*

:hug: I love Eeyore. I have so many plushies of him. My favorite one is a Christmas version I got years ago, he's white and blue.

I love making nests of blankets, pillows, and plushies. Somedays I just need a couch fort to re-energize me.

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:27:02 AM

blah fluctuating again 1 pound of water weight :p

Got my points yesterday, I'm looking forward to working out today! Also tried something new. Better Oats Raw Chai Spice Oatmeal. Soo good! This week's challenge I do that before I eat anything usually anyways. This morning it was because I woke up hungry!

:hug: That oatmeal sounds delicious. I love Chai things, I'm going to have to see if I can find some of that!

I always wake up hungry now :) I think my body is finally getting back to normal.

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:28:02 AM

Me too. By nature I'm an overly analytical person and can't help myself.

I was go go go! this weekend. I cleaned a tonnn of stuff out my room and did a bunch of errands. My parents after visiting literally the day after i get back from the fair so i needed to get my apartment in order now before they're here.

I've been go, go, go... this morning! So hopefully that trend continues!

:hug: Being analytical isn't a bad thing :) I'm that way too and I've found that it's really helped me with a lot of things.

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:29:23 AM

Well, the weekend was a bust for me. I netted 1.5 points total  :blush:. But it's a new week! I'll do better! I'm up to a total of 19 points. I think this week's challenge will help me out a lot, as I often eat out of boredom or depression. Like this morning, when my step father found out I was going to the MLP Fair he all but called me a creepy pedophile for collecting toys. Apparently he read some article about Brony Con and the terrible comments left made an impression on him  :sad:. I immediately devoured a brownie to cheer myself up.

:hug: Yep. It's a new week, new day, and new sunrise. Though I'd be upset if my step-father said something like that to me too! Holy cow, talk about putting all of his apples in one basket.

I'm glad you stopped with 1 brownie :) At least you didn't eat the entire pan! So that's a step forward!

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:30:44 AM

SurfStar, you're amazing! Good luck on the challenge! I got DDR Extreme 2 for the PS2 and now I'm trying to unlock "Sakura" by RevenG and "Daikenkai".

25 points as of yesterday. Lost my food point to a bad case of the munchies and hubbs hogged the TV so I only got one round of DDR in. Pfft. Been having a lot of pretty significant chest pain, it's a little worrisome. Will see how it goes.

I saw the challenge early yesterday, so I got a chance to reflect on my craving for munchies. Why do I eat munchies? A lot of the time it's my husband's bad influence. He munches. A lot. So I see him munching and then I want to munch, but then I just want to keep munching and nibbling and not consider that I'm consuming way more calories than I think I am. When my husband was out-of-state at the beginning of this year I lost 10 pounds because I wasn't eating nearly as much and I was exercising twice a day. I let him get to me and it kills my self-control.

As for my fitness, I play DDR because it's fun and I thoroughly enjoy it! The exercise of it is more like an added bonus and that's how I manage to do it consistently without ever feeling unmotivated to play. I play because I love to play and that really helps me in the long run.

It sounds like you and I have a lot of the same 'husband' problems. I always lose weight when he's gone too.

It's great that you're able to get back onto your fitness track now that you've got your DDR! I'm going to try tackling the challenge later today... it's sure to be hilarious.

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:32:08 AM

Surfstar, holy cow you are amazing for replying to everyone! I could never do that! Thank you so much for all of your support and hard work :) I would love to see your ideas for the mascot! It definitely helps to see what people are talking about rather than going off a description  :P Just let me know when/if you have time for a trade! I totally understand if you don't have time.  ^.^

As for yesterday it was a 1.5 day. I stayed under my calories, however what I ate still wasn't exactly healthy  :huh: So .5 there. I went on a walk around the park as well :) The weather here has gotten way too ridiculously hot  >_< So now I'm at 25.5 I believe :3

:) I should be good to go around the middle of July. I've been getting my plate cleared before heading to PaizoCon this weekend. I'm expecting that there will definitely be some challenges for me.

:hug: It's also probably more humid where you are than here, so I feel ya! I'm ready for it to be fall again already.

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:33:52 AM

SurfStar, you are amazing for keeping up with everything! ^.^ Thank you ever so much..

My progress has been notably slower and less promising than other girls (who were in with me), but this is why they're having to pull out all the stops and put in different measures with me.  My team know that it's not me sabotaging this, it's the disorder.. we just have to keep trying until eventually we can start recovery..

:hug: Of course. As I've mentioned, I can see some progress... and slow progress is better than zero progress. I'm sure that you can be successful, you've just got to get to that point. We're all here for you.

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:35:08 AM

so jealous! I can unlock songs on my ddrs but for some reason it always goes back to what it had before that days workout.... bleh! oh well! ^___^  <3  still bummn around!  again just one point a day.  GAH!  cant keep up with everyone... :/  so 3 pts more so total of 13... I REALLY need to step up my game!!!  Just really hard with my work schedule right now, especially since my bike wheels went dead and i need to get new ones... :/  meh I live! ^_^

Hmm. Sounds like you might have a save card issue. I'd check to make sure that it isn't corrupted.

:hug: You're doing just fine! As long as you are keeping up with yourself that's what matters! I'm glad you live though! :)

Post Merge: July 02, 2012, 11:37:17 AM

Surfstar You are AMAZING! I'm certainly not annoyed by your replies. I love to see your responses. You're so caring and supportive, it always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to see how much you care about all of us and the time and energy you put into showing it.

I'm glad you like tai chi. It helps me in all kinds of different ways, physically, mentally and emotionally. Definitely look in to a class because I'm sure I'd never have learned it from a video or the internet. There are just so many subtleties that are hard to get if you can't ask questions.

Aw, shucks . . . :redface: my upbeatness is a deliberate and sometimes challenging decision. I have depression and anxiety and because I hate taking medications that are only marginally helpful (there are, of course, times and places where it is a real Godsend, but as maintenance, it doesn't work for me) I changed the way I think instead. I have to keep practicing, and there are days I can't manage it, but really, I'm very proud of myself. I share it with other people as much as I can, because I know how miserable it is to be miserable, so I try to give people the support and encouragement I'd like to have.

:hug: I do what I can. Like you - I have a few (a lot?) of depression and anxiety issues so I've worked very hard to change some of my neural pathways. When I don't feel positive, I generally step away from the computer and recharge doing something that allows me to center myself. I do have medication on hand for my anxiety, but I've been managing my depression for years now without medication. I agree that sometimes it can be a definite challenge!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:37:17 AM by SurfStar »

Offline fiwen30

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I'm up to 25 points, as of yesterday. Had a rough week last week, with not getting many excercise points, which in turn made me feel like I shouldn't be eating as much because I'm not burning it off. Only cutting back on food makes me weak and sleepy, and totally unmotivated for excercise! I know it's a really unhealthy way of dealing with the situation, and it has to stop before it gets out of hand.

It's also that time of the month today, which doesn't help my energy levels or motivation :sad:.
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline lemontwist

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Shoot shoot shoot! I had a lice scare all day yesterday and didn't have time to post my last part of the challenge before.

1. I like my strong legs
2. I can always at least work hard to find a solution to any problem
3. I'm very patient

There xD

Gosh I so lost track of my points, you guys. I'm pretty sure I'm at 24 because while my friends were here I only got one point every day and it was always for exercise. After they left I struggled to get back to healthy habits. I'm determined to have a two point day today!
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I'm behind on this thread, but I did join the gym. :) I like how the environment is very relaxed and there's not that constant pressure to buy supplements, products, & pay for personal trainers like I experienced at gyms in the past. The equipment is great too, with tvs & ipod hookups at every cardio machine (which helps keep my mind off the time). I've been eating right & doing my exercise... I've worked a 30-60 minute workout the last 3 days & boy, am I feeling it! So sore. I'm not pushing myself too hard though, because I don't want to burn out. If I keep with it, I should be seeing some changes in my body soon. I finished last week's challenge although I didn't get to post my last 3 things here, I still told them to myself. :satisfied: I've started this week's with breakfast. So far so good.  ^.^
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
I totally lost track over the weekend because I was dealt a pretty crushing blow with my job and I sought some comfort in food. I did, however, walk a mile on Saturday and yesterday I played 40 minutes of tennis.   

I don't know what my points are now.. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:06:46 PM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Like this morning, when my step father found out I was going to the MLP Fair he all but called me a creepy pedophile for collecting toys.

ARGH I hate that!  I wonder what he thinks of men who are fans.  >P  Eh, what does he know?  We all know that pony collectors RULE!

You'll get there, Bright Star...just keep at it.  Anorexia SUCKS to get past.  I don't have it myself, but I know it's a tough one, just from what I've read.  But keep at it!

Well at least when you come troll me I'll remember to laugh about it =P You're not that far away!

:lmao:

Yay lice scares...not.  >P  lice is the hugest pain in the ass!

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
I am debating my points for the day....I know I will go home and work out and play the piano...but food has me questioning....
Pop Tarts for breakfast and a cup of coffee...this is a norm for me. I have to eat breakfast...I just do not function...it switches for cereal, eggs, ect. To me cals at breakfast are not an issue...I have all day to burn them if need be:) I just want to make sure I have energy to burn cals that I need to.
So now on to lunch...I normally have tea and a sandwich...never have any issue with this...but today I was hungry...so I drank water...still hunger and it was before lunch....so I went out and got an egg roll and a crabragoon...love those things....not the healthiest option for me but I craved it. I did not buy extra candy or food so I am very proud of myself about that...I didnt even think about it until I typed:) My cals will be at the mark for me with this extra treat...but not sure if its a treat that I took and want to break habit of...or keepping a hungry girl from being crazy:P
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Posted by Surfstar:
These things happen Today is a brand new day and I'm sure things will work out better. I hope that the chocolate was at least tasty. Also remember, instead of completely giving up things you enjoy, just enjoy them in moderation that way you don't feel so deprived. Comfort food isn't bad you just want to start slowly making it less of an emotional crutch.

You're still doing amazing!

Thank you.  I came here feeling pretty rotten this morning but you have helped cheer me up a little.  Today is a new day - and it's not like I put 7kgs back on last night.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
I wanted to share something with everyone...positive affirmation. It is what I do for pageants and coaching in competitions. If you tell yourself something is true and you believe it ...it is true. A common phrase is "Call a man a thief and watch him steal," That why I started doing the good things about me...I need to give myself a positive to stay positive. So if you call yourself beautiful...each day you will start to believe it...and soon you will be beautiful because you will see what other see around you:)

It can work with other aspects of life. I started telling myself I am going to be Mrs. America....it took a while but now I can see what my outfits look like, and being crowned...so I know that when the time comes I will be Mrs. America.
Another example..."I want to be Rich" will not help...because you will always want being your verb...."I am rich or I am going to become wealthy" you will eventually see results...
These are different for everyone. If you see yourself looking healthy and can believe seeing your are becoming healthy it will happens..
It took me 2 years to see the crown in my head but it just took me that long to believe it....so take the time and believe some of the great things you are:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal