collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89398 times)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Oh Bright Side...  :hug:  :hug:  I hope that you don't end up in the hospital, because it means you're getting better...  But maybe if you have to go, they can help you.  I want you to be healthy!!  :hug:  :hug:  Whatever happens, kiddo, just remember we love you and will be thinking of you.

I agree with this sentiment entirely.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Just thought I would chime in. I'm glad to see that overall most are reporting having pretty good days. I think that as long as you are trying that is what matters. :hugs: You are all so wonderfully supportive and I am enjoying reading each and every single one of your comments. I've been slacking off on replying to everyone the last couple of days, simply because I haven't had as much time to be on the computer.

I've got a couple of projects that are due over the weekend and I'm working to get them done. I am still here and 100% available, even if I am not responding to everyone right now.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to everyone, and especially Crowning Glory, kaninchen, and everyone else that feels like they are struggling. You guys are awesome. You will get there, I have total faith in you. :hug:

kaninchen - :hug: It's hard to focus on other things when there seems to be so much change looming in the future. You're always welcome to adjust your plan. Good Luck and I am sure that you will be OK. :hug: :hug:

BrightSide - :hug: You know what you need to do, I am sure that you're capable of managing it. You've gotten some great advice earlier about doing less aerobic workouts because they will burn calories while only building a little muscle. :hug: You can do this. I know you can.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Monstar - She's coming along great! Much like lemontwist, I think I pictured more muted colors over neons. I like her though, I almost feel like we should call her Lemonee Lime.

Tribble79 - Woo hoo! You're doing great!

Here is the recipe that I was talking about: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buttery-soft-pretzels/detail.aspx

I'll be back to respond to more later. I had an entire post written up with responses to everyone and then Firefox ate it. I was super sad!

:hugs:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:19:28 PM by SurfStar »

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Gosh this thread moves fast; I can't keep up!

I tried something new this evening - wheat, gluten and milk free pasta. I used to eat a lot of it, but got more and more bloated. About 2 months ago I stopped eating it.

Tonight I tried this free from pasta, and I'm not as bloated as I would've been if it was normal, but I'm still a bit. Luckily I've been moving around quite a bit afterwards and I also hit the punch bag for a bit as my day at work was stressful.

I didn't try the chicken because you actually need quite a large quantity for the bag (it's one of those stick it in a bag and shake it jobs) and I'm on my own so I thought it might be a waste.

Right now I'm trying my hardest to avoid retail therapy. ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:23:29 PM by DaffyDilly »

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Checking in for today! I got my 3 points :) One for eating, exercise, and trying something new. I tried new leg exercises on YouTube and I could definitely feel the burn! And I went jogging with my boyfriend, and jogging is something I've always avoided. I was dyingggg. Lol

And thanks for the feedback! I'm thinking I'm just going to have to start from scratch on her colors because Green is just not looking good with the hair :( I'm going to try making her hair green and her body a different color. x3 It's much harder than I thought! With how her hair is now the best body color that was working was blue ;(
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
It's gonna be hard finding something new to try...I try so many things LOL  Even those dried bugs you can get on certain websites. I love trying new and weird stuff. 

I didn't eat uber well today but I am still giving myself 2 points because I worked like HELL!  lol Man my muscles hurt, and just...man.  We have an old-fashioned reel mower to use on the lawn.  It's completely powerless, so it's good for the environment, and it helps me build endurance and muscles.  And yes, lose weight.  The reasons I worked so hard are that one--the grass got a bit long (our other mower broke a part off so we had to replace the mower...it was a used mower, this one is MUCH better), and two, my friend paid me to do her lawn also. LOL

I left some for tomorrow, though, so I could get more exercise in.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
aww surf star, you do so well responding to all of us. <3 i appreciate it, it makes me feel less alone.

Today went well. I left work early and ate a salad for lunch. whoo! finally. lol.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
aww surf star, you do so well responding to all of us. <3 i appreciate it, it makes me feel less alone.

Today went well. I left work early and ate a salad for lunch. whoo! finally. lol.
i aggree its so nice to get fee back from you surf star anyways ive been doing pretty good havent been sleeping well the monos hiting me full force now but walked today and gavve my dog and my bfs brothers dog baths

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
2 points today:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Woo, another 2-pointer. Stayed on target with my food goals and I did a set of burpees, which were murder. Also did a little walking while we were out shopping. Going to take the bike out tomorrow.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
got my 2 points for today. Went and roller skated for 2 hours. Plan going to the Saturday 4 hour session as well :D

I'm not sure how accurate the counter is on myfitnesspal but according to it my net for today is -25

I'm snackish at the moment mostly tired because it's bedtime/such a workout. I'm thinking bowl of cereal before bed... maybe. So many choices!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
After you've tried your new thing, I want you to take 5 minutes and just think about how it made you feel ~ anxious? Accomplished? Bored? Was it a good experience? Did you enjoy it? Just take note of how doing something just a little different (and new) made you feel.

So, my new thing this week was a recipe for a healthy strawberry smoothie that had strawberries, lemon juice, Truvia, ice and water in it.  I was really excited about being able to finally try it.  However, it wasn't too good.  It was a little too sour and not sweet enough.  The slushy factor was good but it melted really fast and became really watery.  I think if more fruits were added and maybe a little skim milk it may have been better.  It was a nice idea, but needed left me wanting.

I didn't get to try Tae Bo or cycling like I wanted to since my grocery shopping and farrier screwed that up.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Wooot weighed in this morning and I've lost about 2.5 lbs so far!  :biggrin:

Tried a new exercise this week as my challenge, some new knee lifts that I'm able to jsut do at home since they only require a chair. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be and really reminded me how out of shape I am, and that's a little bit depressing. I did manage to struggle through it though and if I can continue with doing little indoor exercises like that I think it will be for the better. It felt good to know there are things I can easily do at home without having to schlup to the gym or go outside in 100 degree weather.

I'm really feeling better overall and it hasn't been as much of a struggle to stick to eating properly. I don't get that gnawing hunger and I haven't had an unplanned snack or binge in almost a week. I was going to get ice cream the other day then I realized after having a salad and a few small slices of pizza, that I honestly wasn't hungry any more and skipped the ice cream no problem!

I think today for lunch I'm gonig to do to one of my fav lunch places and treat myself to some pickle potato soup! (sounds weird I know but delicious!)  :lol:

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook

I agree with this completely! :heart: You rock, darling! ^^

Keep up the good work everyone! You're all doing great! :D I am really loving being a part of this! I was so sad I missed the last one and I'm happy I finally get to be a part of an awesome support group! :lovey:

@Rhini: Major congrats on your weight loss, hun! That is awesome! :D And I agree, indoor exercise is the best. haha :) And pickle potato soup actually sounds amazing! I would totally eat it :D
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
ok.  Didn't go to class last night due to a migraine....but I did try to do some stretches...and I ate great yesterday, which felt good!  But the downside to all of this...

this morning, I figured I better step on mom's scale (which she had fixed since it wasn't working) and I about cried...  I'm at 172 lbs.  I'm only 5'5", but I hide it pretty well...go figure.  I have been trying so hard to get it off and I feel like nothing is happening.  I know it's not so much about the number but the size to me (I want my 8s back, dang it...) but the weight number is awful!  I don't care if I am 150 lbs, I just want to fit in my clothes.......  grrr........  doesn't help I'm having female problems (need to call dr on that...same problem I had before on my other BC pill, and now this one is doing it too.  *cries* ) 

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Can't remember if I posted, but yesterday was a 2 pointer :)

Today has gone well so far, had a small breakfast and spent 2 hours walking around shopping, so by 2pm I'd actually burnt off all the calories I'd eaten, and was able to splurge a little on lunch!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Today is going well so far... trying to pick something to do for exercise... got a huge blister from skating! Means I need to go skate more often so I don't get those. I think I'll try the app Run Zombies! today
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal