collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89466 times)

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
I've actually found myself a gym buddy.. in my Ex. XD

So we're making a thing of it now, and aiming to go out and exercise together at least once every week! It's awesome to have an exercise buddy. :] (kinda helps me make it up to her too lol, I could've been kinder..)

I love having someone to work out with. It keeps me so much more motivated. It's just nicer to be able to have someone to go with.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 05:51:57 PM

I have heard that gym buddies help a lot! I would exercise with my hubbs, but we are not even close to the same level and he makes fun of me, so it isn't any fun to exercise with him.  >_<

That's my hubby too. He makes wisecracks and keeps up a running commentary. I suppose I could get my exercise throwing my soft yoga bricks at him, but it's just not the same. He's also a lot more fit than I am, fortunately I have my dog for walks, but I'd love to have someone nearby to do yoga/pilates/dance stuff with.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 05:58:23 PM

Also, how will the weekly challenges work?  What kind of challenges will they be?  Those sound fun. XD  I like challenges.

Added you =)

Currently I have the weekly challenges set up to go 'live' on Sunday nights. So each person would have all 7 days to fit the challenge into their week. I will also be posting teaser pictures of people's boxes too, because I think that's a good way to show everyone what's going on at my end too.

The challenges will vary from week to week, some will be physical, some mental/emotional, some food based. It's going to be entirely an honor based system - I want to avoid challenges where people that don't have camera's or something can't do it.

So for example:

Challenge X

Before eating this week, stop and take a minute to evaluate how you feel - Ask yourself if you're really hungry or if you're eating because of other reasons (e.g. social cues, emotional comfort, boredom, proximity, etc). Think about how eating this food makes you feel, are you enjoying it? Do you feel satisfied with it? Could you stop and leave some on your plate?

Some, people will have opportunities to post pictures if they wish to, but, I don't want to exclude anyone.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:58:23 PM by SurfStar »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Hmmm  That sounds like a good idea!  I do often eat when I'm bored.  >P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection

This is so me.

Lately I have been eating because I feel like I should be eating, even though I'm not hungry. I had to force my dinner down tonight. Ugh.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
I do that at work >.< We have a vending machine full of oh so many goodies like cheetos and baby ruth bars....

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
some times i cant figure it out weather im bored or hungery >< i need fry meme oh here it is visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
Usually, I only eat when I feel hungry, I keep sugar free gum around to chew on when I'm feeling like eating because I'm bored.

And sometimes I just want to stop and eat to avoid doing something else! Like homework.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
OK... I just laughed my ass off so hard (like, so much, it hurts...)

Right now... this very minute... I am in the middle of my 'work-out' with my girls looking on. I was just in the middle of the most dreadful ab exercise and my discomfit must have been fairly evident, because my youngest just came up to me with her G3 Avalonia and said to her sister in the cutest matter of fact voice: "Look. Mummy's ouchy.'

Then Avalonia gave me a kiss to make me feel better.

XD

Righty - ho. Back to exercises!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile

This is so me.

Yep me to. I get bored so I look in the pantry or fridge. This is going to be a challenge to break this habit.
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
I'm super interested in joining this round (I really need some support), but before I make any commitments I want to double check I didn't miss anything trying to read while tired. But we don't have to post our weight or measurements or anything like that publicly, right? I can't actually get this info, and if I could I'd be too ashamed to tell anyone.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
I would love to join in on this. I've just recently started trying to be more healthy, and hopefully this will help me stick with it (I know myself, in the past I've just slacked off ^^;;; lol )

Your Username: Kitkumi
Your GOALS:

I want to drop at least fifteen pounds and I want to kick the soda drinking down to only drinking one every month or so, if not kick it to the curb completely. I also want to cut out the constant snacking when I'm playing a video game or at the computer, and no more snacks right before bed time unless it is a healthy snack (like fruit or a vegie).

Your PLAN:

I'm aiming to walk for thirty minutes twice a day, and hopefully work up to doing more laps around my local park as time goes on (starting with one lap, hope to add more). For cutting out the soda, I plan to print out a calendar and mark off the days I go without soda with a big green check mark so I can see my progress, and if I slip. For breakfast I'm going to start drinking slim fast shakes, since I typically end up skipping breakfast which leads to more snacking throughout the day, and because if I'm ever running late it is something I can grab and go, which cuts out any excuses for skipping breakfast. To help stay active I want to also aim for fifteen minutes of DDR a day on a standard to high difficulty and toss in at least three to six minutes of doing that caramelldansen song (I don't know if it will help, but I know that last time I did it I felt a burn in my stomach and arms like I had just run a mile!)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Wow, you've really given this lots of thought, Surfstar :hug:

I went for a walk in the hail today!  It was freezing cold at work but after I walked up a couple of hills and flights of stairs I soon warmed up.  The scales showed I have lost another .5kg this morning so my running total is now 4.5kgs.  Woo hoo :frolic:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Yuru--your avatar is creepy as hell.  That's a good thing!  :grin:  Is it inspired by Fallout: Equestria?

Marlin--freaking adorable!!  lol

Congrats, Kiwi!

Yeah, the bored-eating is a problem.  : P  And I get bored easily!  lol

I'm not ashamed to tell.  I'm 200 pounds.  Most of it in MY ASS.  :lmao:  I'm also all of 5'2", so that's really big.  I should be arond 130.  I have 70 pounds to lose.  SHEESH

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile

This is so me.

Yep me to. I get bored so I look in the pantry or fridge. This is going to be a challenge to break this habit.

Me too :/ But....if I don't have bad stuff in the house, I can't eat it, right? WRONG - I jump in the car and go on a crisp run to Tescos *facehoof* :cry: But if I do go for a drive it means I'm not just bored or eating for the hell of it, I actually crave crisps that bad that I have to get out the door, into the car, into Stresscos and come all the way back again. So I'm not feeling *too* bad about that. I did just eat a lush smokey hummus and salad sandwich :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I did just eat a lush smokey hummus and salad sandwich

:lmao:  I thought at first you said you ate a lush MONKEY!  LMAO  Yum yum!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: It was a very tasty monkey, but I had to shave it first cos there's nothing worse than monkeyhair reflux :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal