collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits For Ponies! Take 2! ~Update last challenge, pg 99!!  (Read 89409 times)

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection

Could the jump rope be in the shape of a heart? I know some people liked the idea of the winged hearts (Heart Throb, teehee!). So maybe we could combine the two ideas.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
A jump rope in the shape of a heart, on a Pegasus pony would be great!

Yesterday was bad for me. My meals were good, but my snacks were terrible and I didn't exercise any. I weighed myself this morning and was a half pound lighter than yesterday though. I know it's not good to weigh yourself every day but I can't seem to stop myself.

What do you guys think about Slim Fast and other weight loss shakes? Do they work if you follow the plan they set out?   

Oh, people can totally hit me up on Facebook. PM me & I'll send you a link to my page.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
ok didn't do karate last night cause it was a mess, but ended up doing yoga anyway.  Tomorrow night is class again and going to that for sure.  This afternoon mom and brothers and i are supposed to work out, but idk if it will happen....tonight, more yoga!  Probably going to do pushups and crunches too....I might work out on my nunchukus if I can find a decent place in the apartment parking lot.   If I can't find a decent spot, playing chicken with cars counts as exercise too, right?  o.O

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
renee to be honest, meal replacement shakes are pretty pointless in healthy weight loss. All they are is like, liquid meals-on-the-go. They'll work just because you're replacing a solid meal with a liquid drink, which really isn't good to do consistently. You're better off eating healthy meals like you already are :)
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook

Could the jump rope be in the shape of a heart? I know some people liked the idea of the winged hearts (Heart Throb, teehee!). So maybe we could combine the two ideas.

I love that idea! I also love the idea of a pegasus, renee_chan! I'll need to start sketching soon!
Anyone have ideas for colors and such? :)
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Or maybe a heart jumping rope...  XDD

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
Slim Fast and meal replacement isn't bad if you do it right. I have a friend who used them and she is healthy and about to give birth to a healthy baby, too. I don't believe she was on them while pregnant, but the point is her body stayed healthy enough to carry a baby to term even after she lost weight using Slim Fast.

The thing you need to remember is that Slim Fast isn't a fix-all. You can't replace every meal with it and when you've lost all the weight you want to, it will be harder for you to keep it off once you've stopped drinking the Slim Fast shakes. Adjusting foods and portion sizes is harder at first and it will make losing the weight take some more time, but you will have an easier time keeping it off without meal replacement shakes. However, I believe that it is your choice whether this is the best option for you.

Ai from Aurora

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections
See? The mascot totally has to have a jump rope...  XD

Well it is a great idea!

A jump rope in the shape of a heart, on a Pegasus pony would be great!

That's what I was thinking too! I figured that since jump ropes are pretty flexible we could make that be the shape we wanted it to be =)

Or maybe a heart jumping rope...  XDD

That could also be awesome actually.

I love that idea! I also love the idea of a pegasus, renee_chan! I'll need to start sketching soon!
Anyone have ideas for colors and such? :)

Well, I'm personally partial to cool colors - blues, greens, purples. But anything really works.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 12:28:05 PM

What do you guys think about Slim Fast and other weight loss shakes? Do they work if you follow the plan they set out?   

Here is my thought about it. Ask yourself if it's what you want to be doing the rest of your life. Healthy habits/eating shouldn't be diets so much as a lifestyle change. So when you're looking at things like meal replacement shakes and you don't want to do that for the rest of your life, think about what you would be doing instead. I know that they have never worked well for me, I usually end up gaining weight while on them, even when I am strictly following the diet.

renee to be honest, meal replacement shakes are pretty pointless in healthy weight loss. All they are is like, liquid meals-on-the-go. They'll work just because you're replacing a solid meal with a liquid drink, which really isn't good to do consistently. You're better off eating healthy meals like you already are :)

I agree with this, learning to eat healthy will have better long term benefits for you.

Slim Fast and meal replacement isn't bad if you do it right. I have a friend who used them and she is healthy and about to give birth to a healthy baby, too. I don't believe she was on them while pregnant, but the point is her body stayed healthy enough to carry a baby to term even after she lost weight using Slim Fast.

The thing you need to remember is that Slim Fast isn't a fix-all. You can't replace every meal with it and when you've lost all the weight you want to, it will be harder for you to keep it off once you've stopped drinking the Slim Fast shakes. Adjusting foods and portion sizes is harder at first and it will make losing the weight take some more time, but you will have an easier time keeping it off without meal replacement shakes. However, I believe that it is your choice whether this is the best option for you.

^ total agreement. This was just very well said.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 12:30:32 PM

ok didn't do karate last night cause it was a mess, but ended up doing yoga anyway.  Tomorrow night is class again and going to that for sure.  This afternoon mom and brothers and i are supposed to work out, but idk if it will happen....tonight, more yoga!  Probably going to do pushups and crunches too....I might work out on my nunchukus if I can find a decent place in the apartment parking lot.   If I can't find a decent spot, playing chicken with cars counts as exercise too, right?  o.O

That's pretty awesome, I did kendo for a while, but I'm afraid if I were working with nunchukus, I'd smack myself in the face or something.

And just lol to the chicken part, you could count them as drills, where you're spending time dashing from point A to point B in a quick sprint (but I'd avoid it personally XD)

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 12:31:16 PM

walks are woring out great :D my diets gone down cuz we had o but cheap :(

Well good for the walking =) The diet will come, just do your best and remember tomorrow is another day.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 12:33:13 PM

I love seeing all the advice! I might have to try out that card idea.

it's a bit time consuming at first, but I broke it up and did 5-10 cards each night for about a month before I had a really great stash available. Now it's like 2 minutes if I need a new card and I can slip it right in the box.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 12:34:10 PM

Wow so much great advice, it's overwhelming! Lol I will definitely have to try that homemade pizza idea, Surfstar! Thank you for the tip! ;D

So it tonight! Woo! :D My boyfriend has also been feeling super inspired as well and he's been running. I'm hoping he and I will get to exercise more together since exercise is always more fun when someone is with you! :3

You're welcome. I love pizza, so I had to find an alternative. Now I can't even eat take-out pizza anymore.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 12:35:08 PM

Starting on track a little early. Stomach is in open revolt x.x Unfortunately I get bad reflux if I eat trigger items or don't eat enough so I've been in acid land the past few days. Yay for Equate! I've been overeating so much that getting back to eating normal healthy portions has pretty much left me with a massive stomach ache and hunger pains all the time  :huh:

:hug: I hope you get to feeling better soon. Personally, I would try scaling back a little at a time rather than trying to do it all at once. That way your stomach can shrink back to normal size and you won't have as many hunger pains.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 12:42:54 PM

Yes the jump rope is awesome form of exercise. And you have an Australian shepherd? I love them! I have two Siberian Huskies.

The good news is I used a ab machine that I have that I swear works the arms more. The bad news in a way is I need a days break due to all my muscles being sore lol. I'm going to try the treadmill though. :)

I do! Ozzy is my baby, he'll be 2 in July. We thought about getting a Siberian, but this is my husband's first dog so we wanted something a little less headstrong. Plus it's ridiculous hot where we are, even though both our animals are inside animals, I just would have felt guilty subjecting a northern breed to the heat.

And a break between days of exercise can be a good idea, it gives the muscles time to repair themselves.

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 12:43:51 PM

Ooh! Me! I want to participate!
Your Username: cuddlebuggy
Your GOALS:
~ to lose a pound per week, so 13 pounds over the 3 months.
Your PLAN:
~Eating 1600 calories per day and tracking them on Livestrong.com/myplate, one hour of activity/five days per week.

:hug: Welcome to the thread! =) I've added you to the list on the front page. I love Livestrong.com, their food database is so nice.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:43:51 PM by SurfStar »

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
:happy: MyFitnessPal Group!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6384-mlp-arena-healthy-habits-for-ponies

We can track our progress together here, and also offer support, encouragement and tips.

I thought it'd be easiest for us to log intake and exercise. I know a few members already use it.

Just send myself or SurfStar your username if you'd like to be added. :happy:

Fight like a girl..

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6384-mlp-arena-healthy-habits-for-ponies

We can track our progress together here, and also offer support, encouragement and tips.

I thought it'd be easiest for us to log intake and exercise. I know a few members already use it.

Oh wow, so cool! That is a great idea. ^_^

I just registered, same username as here, Yurusumaji.

Ai from Aurora

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
glad to see everyone excited to do this. :D My toe is better today after applying a few ice soaks. I can still bend it so I think it's just very bruised... I managed a 1.5 mile walk on it the day I dropped a shelf on myself. It was walk or pay parking!!

Also I'll try that site, just registered at jazzmatazz29
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:15:58 PM by JazzMatazz »
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline SurfStar

• Surfer Pony
  • Trade Count: (+61)
  • Wind, waves, 'n Sun...
    • View Profile
    • Spunsugar Confections

Yay! This means I'll have to be better about tracking my points there! I often use CalorieCount more when doing homemade recipes, because I can use a serving from one recipe in another there.

You can find me under Cyzzane =)

I'll go add you guys too Yurusumaji and Jazzmatazz!

Post Merge: June 13, 2012, 01:21:25 PM

And front page should be current with everyone =)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:21:25 PM by SurfStar »

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
I've actually found myself a gym buddy.. in my Ex. XD

She's trying to lose weight (she's been dieting for a while to no avail), and yesterday said although she'd enjoyed going on her solitary run, she needed more motivation. I asked her had she ever considered joining the gym, as it's stupidly cheap for us with our leisurecards.

So we're making a thing of it now, and aiming to go out and exercise together at least once every week! It's awesome to have an exercise buddy. :] (kinda helps me make it up to her too lol, I could've been kinder..)
Fight like a girl..

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
I've actually found myself a gym buddy.. in my Ex. XD

She's trying to lose weight (she's been dieting for a while to no avail), and yesterday said although she'd enjoyed going on her solitary run, she needed more motivation. I asked her had she ever considered joining the gym, as it's stupidly cheap for us with our leisurecards.

So we're making a thing of it now, and aiming to go out and exercise together at least once every week! It's awesome to have an exercise buddy. :] (kinda helps me make it up to her too lol, I could've been kinder..)

I have heard that gym buddies help a lot! I would exercise with my hubbs, but we are not even close to the same level and he makes fun of me, so it isn't any fun to exercise with him.  >_<

Good luck! Since you're trying to gain weight, I would suggest some weight-lifting and other strength exercises (less aerobic exercises). Aerobic exercise burns fat (running, steppers, biking, etc.). Strength exercise helps you build muscle and muscle is weight.

Ai from Aurora

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
A heart shaped jump rope would be cool too!

I am hyenacub on that fitness thingy.

Also, how will the weekly challenges work?  What kind of challenges will they be?  Those sound fun. XD  I like challenges.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:43:38 PM by hyenacub »

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal