collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake  (Read 19868 times)

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
Re: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2012, 09:01:45 PM »
I still don't believe them.  Honestly, why would a person in China make customs to sell in China, when people in China don't buy ponies, and would have no idea who this character is.
To bling out their iPads with, obviously.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »
I still don't believe them.  Honestly, why would a person in China make customs to sell in China, when people in China don't buy ponies, and would have no idea who this character is.
To bling out their iPads with, obviously.
bahaha xD They're going to make a massive keychain out of her

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:08 PM »
Maybe someone in a factory there thought they would try to make some and try to sell to the US on their own? I don't know, I doubt no one there would have any idea or any way of finding out what people outside China might like, especially with all the non-Chinese buying from Taobao recently.

But they didn't sell to anyone in the US :) Taobao sellers only sell in China. The pony collectors have to hook up with agents located in China who charge a 10% fee to deal with the Taobao sellers, then ship the items to the U.S. That's why it's so expensive and people go in for bulk orders a lot. The initial price on Taobao is super cheap, so the person selling them on Taobao isn't making that much money. I mean, it's a decent amount in China but nothing compared to what they're going for on eBay in USD. A Chinese worker would not risk making 14 :muffin: Pony's because being fired for unauthorized use of factory equipment and resources wouldn't be worth it. Besides, the :muffin: Ponies were not priced any higher than the normal, already released FS ponies on Taobao from the same seller. The seller had no idea that they were special, or that the "Relestia" type ponies or the non-glittery Lunas and Celestias were special. They were all less than $10 USD each. I believe 100% that this wasn't a rogue design or anything like that because Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash were being sold in the same batch.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:38:31 PM by babystarz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
Actually, they were all being sold in price ranges from 32 to 48 Chinese Yuan. :muffin: Pony was the highest priced pony out of the lot at 48.
I can't say whether the seller was the one who made it, if it was someone selling somebody elses creation or a factory prototype/reject, but they knew that she had the highest value for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:01:48 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »
Ha, of course Hasbro representatives are not going to say an unreleased product is theirs. They probably know nothing about it. If they say "yes that is an official :muffin: Pony" I think they would get in big trouble with Hasbro HQ.

Well, if the eyes and and cutie marks are fake, maybe Lily Blossom is coming out! Yay!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »
Hasbro custom service line...yup, that sure sounds reliable! XP

Didn't you hear? The US won't be getting blind bags! They said so! ;)

Celestia will NEVER be white!

Our products are for little girls, we will never cater to an adult male fan base!

I certainly hope not! :P

LOL!  :)

And Hasbro has no plans to release any boy ponies, either.  :silly:

I'm voting more on prototype than fakie either with :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo.  She seems too elaborate to be a hoax and Hasbro has been known to tell us things that turn out not to be true later down the line.  Since she's a popular brony character but not a main character, I could see her being released as a fair or comic-con pony down the line.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »
Actually, they were all being sold in price ranges from 32 to 48 Chinese Yuan. :muffin: Pony was the highest priced pony out of the lot at 48.
I can't say whether the seller was the one who made it, if it was someone selling somebody elses creation or a factory prototype/reject, but they knew that she had the highest value for whatever reason.
Oh my bad, I guess they were differently priced. But that still only works out to only 5.08-$7.62 in USD. So, half the retail price of normal Fashion Style ponies at most. The high cost comes from the shipping and agent fee, not the payment to whoever got the pony out of the factory/put the pony on Taobao.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2012, 11:46:38 PM »
I still reckon they were made by Hasbro, but just not an official released product.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2012, 02:06:34 AM »
I agree that this info doesn't actually confirm anything and regardless, I have a :muffin: Pony and she's definitely come from the Hasbro factory, I can just tell ;) So regardless of what is to become of her in terms of releases or if she was made by some random person in the factory because they heard fans wanted her, I don't have any regrets getting her :)

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2012, 04:23:24 AM »
BUMMER!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2012, 05:15:22 AM »
the US Hasbro had to have "nirvana" explained to them for the upcoming Fair....so it's possible these are being made in/for another country

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2012, 05:35:49 AM »
I don't doubt that the representative wouldn't know anything about this, but still, it just doesn't make any sense to me that it'd be real, made in the factory or not. Especially with all the bootleg stuff that comes out of China. The fact is, she is being sold to the US and collectors in other countries, even if not directly.

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2012, 05:45:38 AM »
But really - when she's a bootleg or fakie, then why :muffin: Pony??

Wouldn't they create an Pinkie Pie or something like that?
I mean there are AJ & Rarity fakies out there but these are mane 6 - so why :muffin: Pony?

I don't think she's a fake - prolly a prototype.

Yah hasbro knows nothing about their own products (same with the G3 breast cancer pony).... bla
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2012, 05:53:56 AM »
Hasbro custom service line...yup, that sure sounds reliable! XP

Didn't you hear? The US won't be getting blind bags! They said so! ;)

Celestia will NEVER be white!

Our products are for little girls, we will never cater to an adult male fan base!

I certainly hope not! :P

LOL!  :)

And Hasbro has no plans to release any boy ponies, either.  :silly:

I'm voting more on prototype than fakie either with :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo.  She seems too elaborate to be a hoax and Hasbro has been known to tell us things that turn out not to be true later down the line.  Since she's a popular brony character but not a main character, I could see her being released as a fair or comic-con pony down the line.
I don't actually recall Hasbro ever saying this and that won't happen XD They really are not allowed to truly say what will or will not come out, and yes even reps will be in the dark on a lot of things. I do have to agree with Elisto though. Factory or not I'm with holding my judgement on if she is or is not going to be official. As for her being a comic con pony, I kind of doubt it since from what I've seen the comic con ponies/event ponies haven't been a character from the line :huh:

Post Merge: April 13, 2012, 05:55:24 AM

But really - when she's a bootleg or fakie, then why :muffin: Pony??

Wouldn't they create an Pinkie Pie or something like that?
I mean there are AJ & Rarity fakies out there but these are mane 6 - so why :muffin: Pony?

I don't think she's a fake - prolly a prototype.

Yah hasbro knows nothing about their own products (same with the G3 breast cancer pony).... bla

Probably because she really has a huge following? Who knows what the factory people think >.> This is all really just speculation :|
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Um I don't know if I would trust Hasbro Customer Service.  I don't think they really have information on prototypes from factories in China.  And I bet they don't even know what a :muffin: Pony Hooves is.

I personally think it is a legit prototype and I have hope it will be made.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal