collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake  (Read 19676 times)

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 06:38:40 PM »
Hmmmm...

Sounds like a typical response to me for a company facing serious legal consequences if a "retarded" pony character actually were slated for production.

To me, that statement means absolutely nothing.

It actually appears to me to be more like Hasbro is attempting to abandon ownership of :muffin: Pony due to all the controversy over her character...

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »
I really doubt she's fake. Plus, I don't trust what Hasbro's customer service reps say anymore. Like remember how they said we'd never get the blind bags in the US? I'm pretty sure they either don't know anything, or they're told to pretend they don't know anything or to flat out lie. If they weren't ready to announce the release of :muffin: Pony, they wouldn't confirm it's real. Just like when video games get leaked before the official announcement, they pretend they don't exist. I'm sure it's the same with toys.

My guess is :muffin: Pony is some kind of special release, so either she'll be available at TRU with the other TRU exclusives that are made for the adult fans of the show (like Zecora or the pack with the background ponies) or she'll end up being the Comic Con pony this year, which makes sense that they wouldn't want her announced yet. Usually the Comic Con releases aren't announced until closer to Comic Con. While I'm sure the fair pony will stay a G3, I think with the amount of bronies at Comic Con, it would make more sense for the SDCC pony to be a Styling size G4. And who better to be first, than :muffin: Pony?

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
This is an interesting entry on a blog.
http://equestriamlp.livejournal.com/319453.html

I find the wording interesting. Like someone on the site pointed out, they may not call it :muffin: Pony but something else instead. Makes me even more hopeful!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:32 PM »
I would be surprised if this were a real prototype because :muffin: Pony/Ditzy is a background character and all the Fashion Style ponies are main characters. No matter how popular she may be with some fans, releasing background characters as a special size toy doesn't seem to be how Hasbro does things, especially when there are still other less controversial, more developed characters they could make in that size, like Trixie, Cheerilee, Zecora, the Wonderbolts, etc.

I also don't think it would be too hard for someone at the factory to make a few of these. Mixing an off-color of plastic isn't uncommon at other plastic factories from what I understand, and her eyes probably wouldn't be too difficult given how off the normal eyes can be if the pony's not set it place correctly for painting. The only thing that seems too difficult to not be legitimate is her cutie mark since it seems like they'd have to have made something separate just for this one. But I don't know how they're designed/printed on the pony, so it may not be as difficult as it seems.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »
She's an awesome fake then! I'm glad I can actually get her wet to style her hair, which I couldn't do with a custom. That makes her worth the price to me :D

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 07:20:38 PM »
Hasbro custom service line...yup, that sure sounds reliable! XP

Didn't you hear? The US won't be getting blind bags! They said so! ;)

Celestia will NEVER be white!

LOL!

Seriously though, Hasbro's customer service is notorious for being wrong.  (Remember them saying  all the G3 Season ponies would come to the US?)   The people writing those emails are not the people who actually DESIGN or WORK ON the toylines.  They are people who ONLY work customer service.  And basically they only know about what toys are currently available.

I will never forget someone e-mailing Hasbro in the 90s, after the G2 line had stopped in the US but before G3 started.  This collector asked Hasbro something or other about My Little Pony and got the response back:

"Hasbro no longer makes Littlest Pet Shop . . ."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 07:32:18 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 07:26:32 PM »
I think it's been said, but Hasbro's response isn't at all conclusive. If it is a future release, they wouldn't be forthcoming with that information at all. ;)

MoongazerThePony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
Waghhh, she was too cute to be fake!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »

Our products are for little girls, we will never cater to an adult male fan base!

Okay yeah seriously there is nooo way I would trust anything they say xD. I really think even calling these people "reps" is a pretty large stretch. At best, they are customer service representatives who are given a booklet to handle consumer complaints, definitely not people involved in production of any kind. Even the real reps, who try and sell product to stores, are often terribly out of the loop. I know because I work for a similar company, and would never trust something a rep told me, much less a customer service person.

I didn't give up hope on the blind bags, and now I them in every TRU and Walmart there is! I won't give up hope on this either.  ;)

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
I still think she's adorable. I would buy her even if she is a fake  :)

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 08:10:02 PM »

Our products are for little girls, we will never cater to an adult male fan base!

I certainly hope not! :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline MrPony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »
Equestria daily  has always been quick to think everything from taobao is fake. They are not toy collectors or toy designers. I am 100% positive that is a factory made pony. And no, it`s not possible that some sneaky factory worker got together and made a few :muffin: Pony`s for the hec of it :)
 She was made. She is real. The only question here is will she be released? And where?

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2012, 08:27:17 PM »
I still don't believe them.  Honestly, why would a person in China make customs to sell in China, when people in China don't buy ponies, and would have no idea who this character is.   I'd say it was either a prototype they changed their mind about or it is still going to be released.  Either way, I say real.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:53 PM »
Maybe someone in a factory there thought they would try to make some and try to sell to the US on their own? I don't know, I doubt no one there would have any idea or any way of finding out what people outside China might like, especially with all the non-Chinese buying from Taobao recently.

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 08:42:58 PM »
Hmmmm...

Sounds like a typical response to me for a company facing serious legal consequences if a "retarded" pony character actually were slated for production.

To me, that statement means absolutely nothing.

It actually appears to me to be more like Hasbro is attempting to abandon ownership of :muffin: Pony due to all the controversy over her character...

I agree. It stinks because I don't think it was their intention to have a "retarded" pony, but more so silly. :/ They probably just don't want to deal with a backlash over it. All it takes is for someone to write a negative blog or tweet and it would take off like wildfire, whether true or not.

I wish they'd sell her for real. :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal