collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake  (Read 19839 times)

Offline MrPony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Taobao :muffin: Pony Confirmed Fake
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2012, 11:29:31 PM »
  She is not fake. That would make her the first original fashion style fake that is perfectly cartoon accurate. Hasbro wanted her to be a surprise and I personally wish she was kept that way.

:muffin: Pony/ Ditsy Doo/ Bubble Cup is a limited release. If she is not for Comic-Con (which i`m 99% positive she is.) then she was already dolled out to vendors and will be a store exclusive. So toys r us or target. Thinking about it Target does not have a broney pony? Does Toy r us have a monopoly on broney items?

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2012, 11:47:10 PM »
Well I hope your right I would be crushed if i missed her :c

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2012, 11:50:49 PM »
If this is true I will continue hating on Hasbro, there is very little chance I will ever acquire her as a limited release at a con or in store because it's hard enough to find normal release ponies in Australia.
Hasbro has to get with the times with an online store that sells and ships worldwide (you can't even buy ponies online from Hasbro Australia), they are hardly catering to their adult fan-base who they logically should since we have more money to spend than little kids begging their parents, lol.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2012, 01:18:44 AM »
She is such an oddity that I doubt she will get a store release. She is either bound to be an exclusive or Hasbro has halted production due to the complaints.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »
If this is true I will continue hating on Hasbro, there is very little chance I will ever acquire her as a limited release at a con or in store because it's hard enough to find normal release ponies in Australia.
Hasbro has to get with the times with an online store that sells and ships worldwide (you can't even buy ponies online from Hasbro Australia), they are hardly catering to their adult fan-base who they logically should since we have more money to spend than little kids begging their parents, lol.

But there are a lot more little girls than adults.
And from what i have seen , a lot of bronies don't really collect. Either way, during the whole wedding event Hasbro mentioned they will have more "brony themed" items in the future. More than just that pack with nightmare moon and such.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2012, 02:42:43 AM »
Yeah, there's more little girls than adults but I wonder if collectors (not just bronies but those who also enjoy G4, this is beyond just :muffin: Pony and into availability of all products) don't have more disposable income combined than parents are willing to spend on ponies. And with G4 ponies already showing up in thrift stores (and on eBay in pony lots that parents are selling because children don't play with them anymore) then that's a case for kids always wanting more and discarding quickly, and I know for a fact that my parents were really strict about buying me toys or even allowing me to purchase with pocket money, there is a point that the parents say 'no more ponies'... I can't speak for all collectors but nobody can tell me 'no more ponies' :P
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:05 AM »
I can't speak for all collectors but nobody can tell me 'no more ponies' :P

Sadly my wallet often tells me "no more ponies for now". As an adult I have more financial responsibilities and they eat my money all up.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2012, 07:47:11 AM »
:muffin: Pony/ Ditsy Doo/ Bubble Cup is a limited release. If she is not for Comic-Con (which i`m 99% positive she is.)

Yes, my thoughts were also going to ComicCon. I don't think Hasbro is being deliberately misleading, though, I think it's more a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand's doing.

Even if she's never mass released, that doesn't mean she wasn't "real".   The Breast Cancer Awareness G3 ponies never made it to the stores, but they were definitely legitimate.   I have NEVER seen a fakie so perfect that it could pass as a Hasbro pony to collector's "in the know", even ones in Hasbro molds.  I am convinced this pegasus is the real deal.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2012, 07:54:54 AM »
Yes, but as parents, they have the final say in what toys kids get. So Hasbro would do well to remember that no matter what, they are marketing to adults. There are many toys that I have said "no!" to because we (Mom and/or Dad) don't like them. I then proceed to distract the kids with the toys they do have.

I keep reading the ":muffin: Pony Controversy" information. How many people actually complained that caused the uproar? Lots of people complain about so many things and nothing is done about the complaints.

Post Merge: April 18, 2012, 07:57:15 AM

:muffin: Pony/ Ditsy Doo/ Bubble Cup is a limited release. If she is not for Comic-Con (which i`m 99% positive she is.)

Yes, my thoughts were also going to ComicCon. I don't think Hasbro is being deliberately misleading, though, I think it's more a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand's doing.

Even if she's never mass released, that doesn't mean she wasn't "real".   The Breast Cancer Awareness G3 ponies never made it to the stores, but they were definitely legitimate.   I have NEVER seen a fakie so perfect that it could pass as a Hasbro pony to collector's "in the know", even ones in Hasbro molds.  I am convinced this pegasus is the real deal.

I don't think deliberately misleading. I just saw missing words in the statements made by Hasbro CS. Like that :muffin: Pony was
"not a [current] Hasbro product."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:58:20 AM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »
I'm in the camp that thinks she is going to be out eventually but that the rep is going by company policy in saying the pony "in the link provided" is not an official product. I mean, technically Hasbro may consider all Taobao MLP's illegitimate, confirmed products and non, as the ones being sold in this manner are usually factory rejects, test runs, or items that were just taken before they were intended to hit the market. Even though the pony community may see things differently, it would make sense if Hasbro refuses to recognize them, as these individuals likely weren't meant to be released to the public.

":muffin: Pony" may still be coming out, but products are always subject to change in some respect, and her release and information surrounding it probably hasn't been hammered out in an official capacity just yet. In the past I've asked toy companies questions about products that I was positive were coming out and I would usually receive runaround answers that would make someone who didn't know any better think said items weren't planned or cancelled. They may also be going by what products are out officially, and if she has yet to be released, then the rep may have no real way to know if the product will be coming out or when, or even be at liberty to say.

Anyway, I wouldn't panic just yet. :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:16:40 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Trinity

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »

Huh? I get plenty of ponies (in quantity and variety) in my area!

I'm thinking the Hasbro representative said "this is not a Hasbro product". What they meant to say was "this is not a Hasbro product YET": As it is not officially on any distributor catalogs yet. :)
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2012, 12:15:18 AM »

Huh? I get plenty of ponies (in quantity and variety) in my area!

I'm thinking the Hasbro representative said "this is not a Hasbro product". What they meant to say was "this is not a Hasbro product YET": As it is not officially on any distributor catalogs yet. :)

There hasn't been much variety and the stores have to sell off all their old stock before they'll stock any new G4 stuff. I mean, the train set has appeared in most stores but I've found maybe 2 other types of sets, a handful of singles, blind bags on one occasion, one celestia, a few newborns (but no spike) and just RD and Pinkie Pie FS in varying supplies... and all of this stock is dwarfed in most of the stores by the huge stock of G3.5 they still have to sell.
Maybe if I stay super up to date on when things are released in Australia I can hunt them down but I doubt :muffin: Pony will be in stores anyway. I much prefer buying online and if Hasbro would allow Australians to buy direct from them online I would worship them lol.
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2012, 01:51:21 AM »

^This Lady Moondancer sums it up perfectly...no one but the "higher ups" in Hasbro are going to know their marketing and production strategy for the year - its certainly not a question thats going to be answered via email to someone unknown.

With the world a much more accessible place - i.e. we can directly buy from Chinese sellers via Taobao, we can all chatter on the Arena about ponies - and collectors spread so far over the globe, the odds are good that with G4 we are so much more likely to get access to "test", "prototype", "flawed/discarded" ponies than ever before. With G3 we have seen a few ponies make it into collectors hands which never made production [the Breast Cancer ponies, the giant Comic Con and I am sure Stormy has a couple of unique G3s as well] - so the changes are even I would say that its still likely to be a launched/marketed product or that it was a test run that they decided against perhaps due to ":muffin: Pony-Gate"
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2012, 06:30:20 AM »
and all of this stock is dwarfed in most of the stores by the huge stock of G3.5 they still have to sell.

Your stores still have G3.5s? Most of our stores clearanced them out a long time ago.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »
":muffin: Pony-Gate"  :lmao:

Cat you kill me!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal