collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro quality control, what happened? Are ALL the new rainbow ponies like this?  (Read 3895 times)

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
I've been to my local Toys R Us and back 3 times this morning, trying to find a decent Rainbow Rocks Deluxe Rarity pack. I swapped her twice and no improvement, pretty disappointing :(

The doll was fine, but the pony had the same issue in each of the packs I opened-- the neck seam was a mess. Gaps galore, and an ugly bulge around her neck where it meets the body, yuck.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Above is Rarity number 2 (I didn't take a pic of the first one, but she was exactly the same.) Below is Rarity 3, the one I ended up keeping:

By the third pony, I didn't want to go back yet again! It's not so obvious in the photos, but the 'swelling' goes all the way around her neck like a ring  :yucky:

As if the neck isn't bad enough, the Rarities all had an issue with their face.
The face is wider, yes, since it uses the new head mold, but when did her snout start, er, melting? Her mouth is nowhere near as crisp and pronounced as any other G4 I've seen. Her nostrils are almost invisible. I've tried to get a clear pic:

So, did my TRU just get a bad batch, or are all the new Rarities like this? I'm in Perth, Australia.
I'm thinking of trying another TRU, but if they're all like this I won't bother. So please let me know, those of you who bought this set, what is your Rarity like? As for mine, guess I'll be hiding that unsightly neck seam with hair for now :p

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Are those supppsed to be the single packed ones?  I thought the single packs were supposed to be "rainbowfied" but just have tinsel in their hair.  Or are these EQG?

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
EQG, Rarity doll and pony packaged together :)

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Sorry you got a bad quality pony, I would be upset with that too :( Mommy and Gracie (Youtube toy reviewers) had the same problem with their Rarity :( I don't think it's a problem with all the Rainbow Power brushables though, just this pony with the doll. I think Hasbro compromised even more on the quality with the Rarity pony you have as she comes packaged with a doll and Hasbro are always trying to save money. I have just ordered the Rainbow Power Rarity with tinsel in her hair, I will let you know if she has the same problem when she arrives.

(Pic of Mommy and Gracie's Rarity)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:07:10 AM by CupcakeLoverXx »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I had the same thing when I was buying the EG Principal Celestia and pony set. They only had three at Target and two of them the pony was covered in black smudges. I am actually scared to take the one out of the box I did settle on cause who knows what the other side looks like.

I am sorry about your Rarity. I guess when I do decide to buy her, I better make sure to look them over throughly.  :huh:

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
I just bought that Rarity last night and when I got it home and took it out of the package, I saw the same thing. Weird bulge around the neck (thought thankfully not a gap, like in your first picture).

I checked carefully for eye and symbol smears before I bought her, but didn't think to look for anything weird with her neck.

The only good thing about it is that the neck will be hidden after I style her hair.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I actually had a similar thing happen with one of the two Rarities from the other part of the rainbow set (the single brushables that come with the streaks of tinsel in their manes).  The first one I bought as soon as I saw her in stores and she's fine, but the second one that I bought maybe two weeks ago has the same weird chunks missing from the head side of her neck seam, like it was sloppily cut with an exacto knife.  I was hoping it was just a weird fluke a la the occasional missing symbol from the QC snags with G3s, but now I'm kind of worried.  That, and I really don't want to buy the dolls to get a hold of ponies, lol!

Offline dori86

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Oh nooo!!! I have to check mine, she still sitting in the box!!!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Wow, Hasbro's quality just keeps getting worse :(
My Wish List

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
So I'm not the only one with a Quasimodo Rarity then. I'd say good to know, but really I'm not sure that it is, more aggravating to know I guess.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Blaaargh. Now I've got to be extra careful, and I have a bad habit of seeing something I've been looking for for weeks, grabbing one and marching away with it happily. Now I've got to peruse the package first.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
Geez, it's like they don't give a flip about anyone over the age of four anymore! They're letting these flaws pass inspection and hoping nobody notices or cares. Glad I recently got into G1 collecting, because if things keep going the way they're going, I might not collect G4 anymore. :/

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Wow- not cute.  I wonder if the other doll/pony packs will have similar issues?  How strange and not good.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
I'm keeping mine MIB, but I'm gonna go see "what I can see" tonight.
 :|

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
The warping around the neck line is new to me, but the "ring" seems to be an issue sometimes with the new head mold.  The head used to be one piece of soft plastic, but now there is a hard plastic ring instead where the neck plug connects.  This tends to cause bulging if they do a crummy job with the insert, it seems. 

I took a quick picture as a comparison.

Old-head Rarity is on the left (neck hole was widened with a dremel, she's from a custom)
New-head Mrs. Cake on the right

You can see the pretty distinctive ring on Mrs. Cake.  It's a harder piece of plastic that is glued in, not molded with the rest of the head.  The hole is wider by default, so it's easier to pop the head off without hot water, but it can look pretty ugly, like on those new Raritys.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal