collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro quality control, what happened? Are ALL the new rainbow ponies like this?  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Oh yuck, now I'm afraid to open my Mrs. Cake and Twisty Treats. >_> Thanks for the photos, Alipes.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
My RR Rarity has that too :c
My boyfriend calls it "Thug Fat"  :haha:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Mlphammy

• Trade Count: (0)
My Fashion Style Rainbow Power Rarity had her side cut open...

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
My sweet rarity is just fine.  Could be bad batch you all ran upon.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
That would have to be quite a large 'bad batch' considering the people posting in this thread are from different countries....
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Flutter Cadence had this problem too, remember the horrifying one with the completely melted face? I had to look over every FF Cadence on shelf and all of them had some degree of bulging at the back of the neck. I ended up compromising for one with a slight bulge but visibly very good paintwork. When I break her out of the package, of course her NDS eye is horribly smudged! :lol:

As for RR Rarity, I've been looking for good hair, good paint and no head/body mismatch. I'd noticed the gapped neck seam and thought it was something to do with the packaging - one or two of them have had the clear elastic bands twisted into the gap. But it's a matter of deformed neck rings and not just pushing the head down tighter? :huh: I haven't seen one without a gap yet, that doesn't bode well. But I hadn't even noticed melty neck syndrome, because the majority of them had their faces turned forwards! How many flaws can one toy possibly get?

Anyone who has handled an RR Rarity, can you tell me if she suffers from straw tail syndrome as well? Haven't been able to sight the ends through packaging yet.

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I saw a rainbow power tinsel-hair Fluttershy, still in the package, with a giant orange blob of paint on her face like she got hit with a paintball. It's pretty sad. I think I have a picture somewhere..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
I bought one on ebay and got her a few days ago. She is the same way. her neck has some weird bumps on it and it does not match up to the body all the well.

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
As far as I've seen, this definitely seems to be an issue with the neck ring in the new head molds.  I don't have a Rainbow Power Rarity, but I've seen the same issue in some of the Mane 6 in the new mold.  Specifically, I had a Rainbow Dash from the Costco-exclusive pack set aside for a custom and noticed the bulge at that point.  It just seems to be an issue with the harder plastic insert sometimes pushing the softer plastic pretty badly.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
I was thinking of getting these via ebay (because I DO NOT want the dolls) but if there's a huge QC problem, I'm not going to bother. Yeah Hasbro, way to turn me off the ONLY re-release of the mane six I've considered buying EVER!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
Sorry you got a bad quality pony, I would be upset with that too :( Mommy and Gracie (Youtube toy reviewers) had the same problem with their Rarity :( I don't think it's a problem with all the Rainbow Power brushables though, just this pony with the doll. I think Hasbro compromised even more on the quality with the Rarity pony you have as she comes packaged with a doll and Hasbro are always trying to save money. I have just ordered the Rainbow Power Rarity with tinsel in her hair, I will let you know if she has the same problem when she arrives.

(Pic of Mommy and Gracie's Rarity)

I got tinsel Rarity ans Mrs. Cake last year. I checked them and Rarity does have a bit of a bulge around the neck, but it's nothing that detracts from it. Mrs. Cake was fine.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
Eww, that's so cheap  :blink:

Oh no, I wfear that Photo Finish and Octavia would be the same  -_-

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to maybe pop Rarity's head off and carve down the plug just a little so it doesn't warp the plastic so much? Then dip her head in hot water to correct any lasting effects to the plastic and pop it back on?

I'm sorry everyone who has been disappointed by getting a bulgy pony, I'd be mortified. I hope there's a way to fix them, especially if this is going to be a widespread and ongoing QC issue.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline CupcakeLoverXx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Pony Lover since 2012!
    • View Profile
Sorry you got a bad quality pony, I would be upset with that too :( Mommy and Gracie (Youtube toy reviewers) had the same problem with their Rarity :( I don't think it's a problem with all the Rainbow Power brushables though, just this pony with the doll. I think Hasbro compromised even more on the quality with the Rarity pony you have as she comes packaged with a doll and Hasbro are always trying to save money. I have just ordered the Rainbow Power Rarity with tinsel in her hair, I will let you know if she has the same problem when she arrives.

(Pic of Mommy and Gracie's Rarity)

I got tinsel Rarity ans Mrs. Cake last year. I checked them and Rarity does have a bit of a bulge around the neck, but it's nothing that detracts from it. Mrs. Cake was fine.

It's not very noticeable on yours, hope mine will be like thst too. I don't like ordering G4 brushables online due to the poor QC recently, but I haven't found her anywhere.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Eeengh!

Does this Rarity use the old Unicorn head mold or the new, rounder one?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal