collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro quality control, what happened? Are ALL the new rainbow ponies like this?  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
This may be different, but I got a Shadowbolt Dash a few months ago whose neck was super bulgy. But that was all along the hairline in addition to being around the plug, so I think that was plain old wonkiness.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

chihua2

• Trade Count: (0)
My rarity had the same neck bulge too and her head sits abit off centre from the body :( was contemplating getting another from
Hasbrotoyshop...but from the looks of it,I think I won't anymore...such a pity really cos her hair rainbow coloured hair's lovely...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I am always willing to make allowances on quality. These are cheap products, mass produced and produced as inexpensively as possible. So I always feel we should accept these are not quality or collector aimed pieces; they are likely to have a variety of problems. However, that being said this really is an ugly addition to the manufacture and even for a cheap toy its not exactly an acceptable finish. Hopefully they will quickly move on to something different and resolve the problem.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Hope they resolve this soon for those people who collect this line of ponies - so awkward... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Reeves (Breyers model horses) did the same thing as Hasbro starting to do! I decide stop collecting model horses due increasing price and lack of quality! When a person buy NEW then they excepted item should be flawless! I work at Salvage place and Everyday it always amazes me the under lined reasons why the company get the items. Alot items are NEW!
Some over stock retail unable sell, returns and so forth.  The company gets alot items from company going out business or moves. I actual seen G4s stuff come throw even recent release.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
I was looking at these in the store today, and the way her head is turned, I just couldn't tell! I'd hate to be collecting these, it's just impossible to know really until you get her out of that packaging. If you were a MIB collector, you probably wouldn't mind, because you simply can't tell, but that's quite a risk to take if you're a serious loose collector!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
Ponyfeathers, Hasbro! It's just toys for little kids, so who cares about quality, right? I agree with Storm. You keep releasing the same ponies over and over, and when you bother to make them different enough from the rest for me to regain interest in them (I as going to get winged Twi and the breezie), you mess them up beyond what I thought possible! You've been so darn cheap these last years, and you can't get through your heads what the buyers want.

Well, let's see if you pick up on this message:
*Closes wallet with duct tape* 
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I would just like to know if it can be fixed. Even if I can be picky when I'm buying new, I won't have any control over what I find in the thrift store.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
Decided to check out my walmarts batch, everyone of the ponies in the set has a horrible pony... I looked mine over just to be sure and her neck is slightly bubbled, y'all are right, the quality has went down the toilet... What the heck?

LuckyTwirlerina

Oh gosh, Photo Finish better not be like this too.  :cry:

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
^Yeah, I'm worried about that!

Thank you all for your input  :) I guess I'll be hanging on to the one I've got, sounds like swapping her at another TRU won't help xD

Curious, does anybody's Rarity also have the same 'melting' thing going on with her snout? (See my 3rd photo on the front page) Or is that one really just mine?  :huh:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
I've sadly noticed that all the EqG line have issues. I've been wanting the Celestia set but...I've yet to find a decent one and, shockingly, the set has increased in price by 10% ¬.¬ All the EqG sets I've seen have had flaws, be it minor ones like missing or smudged glitter or decals, to gouges and dents in the plastic and their joints. And it's doubly difficult with the Twi and Celestia with pony sets as the ponies seem to have black marks or missing paint and it's sod's law that the sets with the decent pony has the worst doll :lol: . Stores here recently got the Pinkie and Twi singing dolls and poor Pinkie looks like her head got squished, and I think she's supposed to look that way O.o

I could accept they were cheap toys...but they're not cheap.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
My husband just went away for a few days, so bought me a gift before he left of the White Celestia/Pinkie Pie set. Thankfully Celestia is nice, as I didn't have her, but Pinkie looks like a five-year-old has been let loose with a biro, fit for bait only. Hasbro's QC is absolutely S*** on this line, I'm getting really close to going 2nd hand market, loose ponies only, because I'm over pulling ponies out of packaging with massive flaws. With the good quality of ponies on Taobao, How the heck are we getting such downright crap in packages?! /rantover.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
I hope Hasbro knows that they're hurting their sales at least a little in the end. Personally if I see a pony I want and there aren't any without paint smudges in the store or other flaws, I just pass on the product altogether. There are some I still have never gotten that I was planning to buy otherwise.

Ditto. I was going to get the Basic EQG Fluttershy, but every doll Wal-Mart had was badly marked up with black grease. It took forever for them to sell just three of her like that. And now they just have the Rainbow Rocks line, which I'm not anywhere as interested in collecting.

Offline sleepyowl

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • flickr
It seems like every new MLP thing I get lately is dirty straight from the package. Usually the marks come off but it's like... it shouldn't even be happening at all IMO. They're brand new toys. The quality of things recently is really disappointing. I want the EQG Rarity pony but not if it's going to look deformed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal