collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 103009 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1350 on: January 04, 2024, 01:56:58 PM »
...Can January be over already? LOL :)

I already hate this month because it's dark and gloomy and my brain wants to hibernate.

But it's only the 4th. Seriously.

Mother has a chest infection. Truthfully she's had it since before the new year, and she's still on treatment for it.

My uncle is in hospital after a cardiac procedure having had an erratic blood pressure issue. He doesn't live near us but he emailed my Dad from hospital to fill him in. Hopefully he's doing better now but yeah. Yeeps.

My dental inlay fell out again today. As I mentioned before, my dentist has gone private (I still haven't had a letter about that though) so it will cost me £90 just to have it stuck back in. It's come out twice and I've had it less than a year.  I'm meant to have a filling on the 18th - another £150 - but that will probably have to be put back till Feb now.

Oh yeah. And there's flooding. Fortunately the flooding around here is only minor road level/the brook in the nature reserve, but across the county there has been far more.

And all of this is without mentioning political local or national incompetence at all.

Sigh.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1351 on: January 04, 2024, 11:01:43 PM »
So the bike chain came off again on my way home from work. Luckily it was only a ten minute walk from where it happened. At home, hubby was sleeping on the couch but woke up when I came in with the bike. He told me I shouldn't use the electric bike in this cold and told me his friend had used his bike and it had acted up with the breaks. My breaks had been the same way which I told him two days prior, but apparently that wasn't a big deal until the same thing happened to his friend. Anyway, I need the bike, especially in this cold and with the hours my shift starts or end. We don't have a car and as a woman I don't feel safe walking in the early ams alone. He said I should use my regular bike. I don't have the strength to use it in this cold, it's below thirty degreees! Everything gets too heavy. He works tonight and if he takes his electric, after telling me I should not use mine, I'm gonna be petty pissed. Seriously :mad:.

I got two cuts and oil all over my hand when I put the chain back yesterday at work.. I'm not looking forward doing it again :pout:.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1352 on: January 05, 2024, 06:23:58 PM »
I haven't had a headache for two days, so I postponed the ER trip. I watched a video about the spot where the pain is located and got some good tips on how to stretch and massage the area. Dude suggested using a tennis ball, so I bought some. They work really well.

But of course, once something is fixed, something else has to go wrong, so yesterday my hip was playing up. It wanted to give out and I almost fell once. I did less walking and was careful when I turned and didn't have an problems today, but my legs hurt in general.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1353 on: January 07, 2024, 08:30:00 AM »
Once again the weather is making my body confused. My underarms are sweating but I'm cold.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Kitcatepic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I've been living in the state of dreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 08, 2024, 05:07:52 PM »
Winter break is over and I just got back from the first day of sch*ol. I am very tired and miserable. I don't want to sleep because I feel like I don't have enough time but I'm too tired to do much
long live chrysalis

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: January 09, 2024, 07:03:56 PM »
I tried to log in to the company that owns my student loans website and kept  getting errors every few clicks.  I'm hoping in a few days I'll be able to log in without problems as there's something I need to check.

I tried to get an ebook today and it wasn't downloading at first. I was trying to see if the download was working and it kept asking if I wanted to buy the book again.  It finally downloaded.  I think it only charged once for the book as there was only one email confirmation. 

My mom at I are at each other again. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: January 10, 2024, 01:27:43 AM »
I've been trying to get a hold of the vet clinic all morning to get a follow up appointment for Simba. He was due last week or this week but because of work and the weather we put it off and then forgot. I've been calling all morning and now last time they had put on a an answering message that they couldn't take the phones because of lack of staff. I hate calling and this message would have made it so much easier if they had put it on earlier. Now I had to work up the courage to call over and over for nothing. They don't take bookings over email.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1357 on: January 10, 2024, 07:39:55 AM »
Ants, but not the tiny ones. These are your regular black ants. They are coming from behind the light above my sink. I had put ant gel on the backsplash in that area for the tiny ants, and that's where these ants are. I hope they die quickly.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 10, 2024, 09:33:40 AM »
 :argh:

Work. Is. Stupid.

:argh:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: January 11, 2024, 05:45:25 AM »
I thought I posted here, but it looks like I posted in the other thread.

My elderly dog got stuck in a place she doesn't usually get.  I couldn't find her and was afraid that she might have gotten out or gone off somewhere to die.  My dad found her stuck behind something.

I tried to use my debit card at Walmart yesterday and the machine said there was an error and to either retry my card or use a different one.  My mom put one of her credit cards in and it went through.

I just used my debit card at a different Walmart over the weekend without any problems, so I really think there was a problem with the machine and not my card.

I couldn't sleep last night. I was up from 12:30 to 2:30 am. :zzz:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1360 on: January 11, 2024, 06:15:10 AM »
The ants are gone this morning. I put down fresh gel incase they come back.

It's another cold and rainy day.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1361 on: January 11, 2024, 06:56:30 AM »
work has been very stressful this week
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 11, 2024, 09:32:33 AM »
i shoveled the snow and started the car because it's -43 and now I can't feel my toes on my left foot.  so COLD
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1363 on: January 11, 2024, 11:24:26 AM »
that's too cold Squirmy!! i hope you can just stay inside and curl up with a warm drink.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 12, 2024, 08:22:53 AM »
This one is very trivial. I had a shift today where I go to a small town and back, have a 40 minute break and than go back to the small town and back and then it's done. I was to be relieved on the central station and the person taking over would go with the train to the end station and then start a new tour.
So, we arrived at the central station at track 3 and the person relieving me was not there. I double checked my schedule and asked the driver over radio if he saw her enter another door. He did not. I called her. She disconnected the call. I called her again. She answered. I asked where she was. She was at the wrong track, 1b, which is the closest one to the station building. Quick note, this trainroute never stops there. Like ever.
So she had to walk to a stair to the side, under a tunnel and up another stair to get to my track. It took a couple of minutes wait for her, then to get ahold of her, another couple for her to come to me, and yet another couple to do the delivery (tell if everything works or if anyhing is wrong on the train etc). If I had had a long break those minutes would not matter, but given I only had forty that severly cut my break. Also, people were going to work, they had buses to catch other trainconnections.. minutes matters in this field!

I had my break, took the new train to town and back. Same person as before was to relieve me. This time we got to track 1a. It has the same platform as 1b, just 100 meters away. We were running three minutes late. Luckily it was not a lot of people onboard, but still, people had work or connections at the endstation. Again she's not there! I stand there, wondering if I should call her again and see her strolling up to us from 1b. Not walking fast, or running. Strolling. It took her two minutes! I refrained to ask if she thought 1b again. I considered being petty and make a report. I'm thinking if she does it to me again I will. Otherwise I'll let the drivers handle it. They have a big say on us attendants. If they don't like the way we work we're out pretty much.

The thing is, at the office, which we enter before every shift and break, there is a huge TV with all the info on incoming and outgoing trains with the tracknumbers! There is a infoboard at the track telling which track a train comes into on the platforms. There is a speaker voice announcing where a train arrives to and depart from. We have an app with the info. She should not be able to have missed it! I get she's new but she's been with us for a couple of months now and she had three weeks of active training with a handler.

/rant!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal