collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 71943 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1125 on: October 08, 2023, 08:09:11 AM »
I'm doing chores today too.

All my plant stuff came yesterday so I can transplant my palm and the snake plants.

Still working on my swap pony!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 11, 2023, 05:51:49 AM »
Beth, BC, busy people xxx

I had the pre-visit on Monday & had a freakout at what they were planning for the kitchen, like, they'd take ALL THE WALLS off!!! Now in the bathroom I get that, because they have a new wet wall they're shoving in there. But the KITCHEN??? And why are they reducing my cabinet space??? If anything I need MORE cabinet space!!!. And it all seemed like far too much work & too long out of commission for me to handle. I mean more than a week to redo the kitchen??? I noped out.
I AM, however, getting my bathroom redone, as there at least I'm getting a load of improvements, like new flooring, a shower, a screen, the above-mentioned wet wall, an extractor fan, & HOPEFULLY fixing what's still to be fixed of my interior ceiling area, particularly below the skylight. I'm also getting a towel rail on my new bathroom heater.
due to the visit on Monday & the freakout, I MISSED Coffee morning!!!
However I DID gut the bathroom!!! Posters, down!!! Wall ornaments, down!!! Shelves, down!!! Excess bottles, stashed!!! I only have a few things left to go, & since I have a working downstairs toilet, I can use that while the bathroom gets its work done. It's not like I'll have nowhere to do the necessary & brush teeth!!! And I can flannel down (I've been doing that because I can't trust the bath for getting leaks). The kitchen would have left me with a rammed living room, nowhere to store anything (I found a cupboard for storing the bathroom stuff in), & living on the kettle, microwave, & air fryer, with them, the table, & the fridge-freezer taking up room in an already well-filled living room. Are you surprised I noped on the kitchen???
I know, this is already an essay, but there's one more thing: have you ever felt so worn out that when you sat down, you felt you couldn't support yourself, so had to lie on a bed instead??? That was me halfway through gutting, grabbing Bakana, lying on the bed, & snuggling into her for half an hour of just resting up.
Got messages after almost everything but what I need in there was shifted, including a LOT of munchies because oh boy I worked HARD!!! :accomplished: :work: :zzz: ^^; :freak: :stressed: :whew:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 11:09:37 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1127 on: October 11, 2023, 08:04:46 AM »
I feel terrible. I don't think I'll be doing much today. I still need to do my plants. I have to have someone get my mail for me too, my succulents came but they're in the mailbox. They'll die out there.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 11, 2023, 02:23:13 PM »
Got my flu shot. Work makes it easy: they come to us, and you’re still on the clock, so why not?! Especially being at higher risk with asthma.

I had meetings galore today… I’m trying to decide whether I want to go straight home or hit up Wally World after work. Hmmmm  :wonder:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1129 on: October 12, 2023, 11:27:42 AM »
I feel better than yesterday. Still haven't gotten my mail. I'm going to call the neighbor kid after school and see if she can do it. I have four dollars in change but that's all I can offer :huh:

I bought stuff to make cheesesteak subs a while ago. I haven't felt well enough to make them, but I'm going to make them tonight. I have to before the bread and cheese go moldy.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 13, 2023, 03:33:15 AM »
One good thing about all the stuff I shifted out of the kitchen: reorganising it when I return it due to aforementioned NOPE out. Things look a lot neater in there now!!! AND I know where everything is!!! The huge Snuzzle box contains a load of my baits ready to go, I have other baits in MLP lunchboxes, all the hair is sorted or in one container which is useless for anything else as it's cracked at the bottom, there's less clutter on top of my side shelves, there's less clutter on top of my microwave, & I can see what I'm doing. I put everything which needed to return back in today, after a really long crash out!!! Not surprised tbh!!!

BC enjoy making & eating the food!!!
Shockponie well done getting your jab!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1131 on: October 13, 2023, 04:01:19 AM »
I'm officially on the mend :cheer:

I expect to feel loads better in a couple days now that I have my medicine.

Today is more chores. I need to wash the towels and some clothes, clean up the bathroom and take a shower. After that, I don't know. I'll probably need a nap after that. Oh, I know. I need to list some more stuff on eBay but I have to take pics.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1132 on: October 13, 2023, 05:52:54 AM »
It's around three PM. So far I've taken a two hour long walk to clear my head. I cleaned a bit in the kitchen. I've made more ginger shots. I've been grinding my dried mint and put in a jar and been out to my pallet and recovered the last fresh mint and hung it up to dry. I've cleaned up some clutter and vacuumed my ponyroom as my little brother is going to sleep here tomorrow. We have an inflatable bed I got out from storage yesterday. I also watched two episodes of Supernatural. I don't really get the hype.

Now I'm gonna drink some tea, check the web and get on with a new podcast and do some Diamond Painting ^.^.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1133 on: October 14, 2023, 07:39:02 AM »
I have to work from 12am - 4am or so tonight/tomorrow morning so I'm taking it easy today.  i usually go to sleep around 9-10pm and wake up at 5 or 6am so having to be awake and online at those times is rough. i used to have all kinds of problems with insomnia so i don't like messing with my sleep schedule. usually i end up sleeping for an hour or 2 after we're done working and i'm just tired all day. it's better than messing up my sleep cycle though. i'll take a nap if i need to.

there's a solar eclipse today so i'm hoping to see that. my husband was not very enthused about it when i told him. i'll drag him outside. i do have solar eclipse glasses.

i also need to figure out what to make for dinner. maybe i'll get takeout instead
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1134 on: October 14, 2023, 08:11:55 AM »
Man, I wish I could see the eclipse :( It's not reaching this far.

I didn't get a lot of sleep, my brain wouldn't shut off. I should have taken some Xanax but I didn't think of it at the time. I had a Zoom meeting with my therapist this morning so I had to get up for that. I think I slept like 3 hours. I will probably take a nap this afternoon.

I need to take photos and list some things on eBay. I should also gather the garbage and put it out.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 14, 2023, 08:32:12 AM »
Oooh, bad day yesterday. Definitely a Friday the 13th -_- Feeling better today, trying to sort out some files and get stuff done. Need to take some photos for eBay, plus pics for my own reference of the latest additions to my collections :P

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 14, 2023, 11:46:25 AM »
Thank HEAVENS for my support worker!!! The workies tried to CANCEL the bathroom job on me, but I got hold of her & she contacted them & they told her what was needed & she told me & we're working on that as I have done so much in the bathroom I just need a few things done. I've already moved enough stuff so I can do my bedtime stuff in the downstairs facility (it's small & has a WC & sink in it but it works & functions). What the workies wanted was the hallway completely clear of stuff so they can get in & out with big items like walling & the new bath. Some is easy to shift elsewhere, some not so much. The hard job will be moving the bikes somewhere: the downstairs hallway is the only place they can live. And nope, I can't put them in the upstairs hallway because that will mean they can't get at the water heater to isolate it, connect to it, etc. They also need access to the stopcock in the downstairs facility. Less work in both cases but still work to let them get at stuff.
Meanwhile I hope to get recycling out, & my support worker comes on Monday so she can take skip stuff away.
Did some laundry (towels) so that's drying.
I also FINALLY managed to take the pics, partly prompted by having to move the shelf I use for them for a bit.

Carrehz glad you're better today xxx
BC the rubbish just piles up doesn't it??? And hope you get better sleep xxx
Beth at least you HAVE a sleep schedule!!! But yep, night work when you're used to day work is annoying xxx
Beldarna productive person!!!
And no chance of me seeing any eclipse, even if it crossed the Atlantic; it's all rainy & windy today & my living room heater is on. It's officially winter folks!!!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1137 on: October 15, 2023, 02:54:21 AM »
I want to sleep but am too tired, lol. My brother went home early, workshift starts at four pm. I've had like four or five hours of sleep. My cold does not agree with me being at concerts or working but I hope a little sleep will help :). I need to eat lunch as well. And feed the cats. And nap.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1138 on: October 15, 2023, 10:45:05 AM »
everything went smoothly last night. hopefully i don't have to work that late again until next year.

i didn't get enough sleep but i'm not tired enough to take a nap. i think i might make some potato soup since it's getting cooler outside. i need to do some more cleaning but i can wait until tomorrow.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 15, 2023, 05:22:09 PM »
Saturday and Sunday were spent sleeping most of the time. :yawn: On Sunday evening, we watched a new horror movie and enjoyed pizza. :relaxed:
:zzz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal