collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 76237 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1155 on: October 23, 2023, 03:17:02 AM »
I'm gonna work today. First shift since I got sick. My throat is still a bit sore and nose get stuffed but it's so much better and I've already missed a weeks work. It's a four hour evening shift and the first half of it is me, just going south, not working, but working on the way back, so two hours effective time. I think I'll be able to.

Until then, I'm gonna diamont paint, eat lunch, take out the trash.. feed the cats and hang around here.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1156 on: October 23, 2023, 07:33:30 AM »
I'm working on my swap pony today. I'm way behind.

There's some laundry too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1157 on: October 23, 2023, 08:51:01 AM »
i'm definitely having one of those days where my patience is razor thin. unfortunately i also have a ton of calls today. i also need to follow up on some side work I still need to get paid for.

also, my mom informed me a couple of days ago that my half sister, who i haven't seen in probably 25-30 years is visiting for Thanksgiving. which is fine but a lot more stressful. now i need to start cleaning and organizing way earlier. i also have more stuff to hide away.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 23, 2023, 11:27:01 AM »
BC yaiy for seeing your mother & yaiy for coupons!!! Maybe keep the Publix one for when you do your festive shop??? And hope you do well wi your Pony xxx
Beth sharky snuggles xxx
Beldarna so glad you're recovering xxx
HOM winter is like that... And hope you could afford the bill xxx

Second hat mostly done, just working on ribbing (fiddly).
Also put up a net for my sea plushies (non-sharky). Most fit, & I also managed to move some from the living room there. In exchange the sofa is now home to TEN seal plushies!!! Found some I didn't know I had, as well as THREE of the same seahorse plushie (two can go).
AND I got the rubbish out, ALL of it, which means the bathroom bin is moved to the downstairs facility.
Still got to do some rinsing, but that won't take long...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 23, 2023, 06:02:50 PM »
On Monday evening, my mother and I were able to visit the cemetery and we were able to place spruce branches and heather on the graves. We also had beautiful juniper branches which became a beautiful addition. :)
Someone had brought a little angel to my grandmother's mother's grave. :wonder: We have no idea who it might be, but probably a relative. Of course, we let it stay there, even though we took our own decorative items away for the winter.

On the same day, we also heated the fireplace. My spouse stayed to watch it while me and my mother went to visit the cemetery. Luckily, he stayed in the downstairs kitchen, because suddenly a large wasp flew there! :scared: The cats tried to catch it, but my spouse commanded the cats in a loud voice not to touch it, and miraculously, both obeyed. He killed the wasp with a newspaper and threw it down the toilet. It was probably a queen that had gone to hibernate among the firewood. The warm indoor air had awakened it. Luckily the cats didn't get it! :whew:

We have to wait until Tuesday next week for the change of winter tires. There is already so much queue at the car repair shop.
New tires would cost at least 300 euros.. maybe we have to buy them if the old ones are already in too bad a condition. :wonder:

:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 24, 2023, 04:48:45 AM »
Got the rinsing done & a package arrived, so started on it. Hat was NOT done in time for Coffee but there's a thing on tomorrow night so if hat is ready by then I can drop off the Blythswood stuff!!!
Made it to Coffee & saw my pal wi a wee daughter, so she got one of the seahorse toys. Dropped off the other stuff to go, & peeked in the charity shop. No flying or swimming plushies there, but yep yarn. Got some quick messages. I rinsed out the stuff & made carrot soup (on time so used the fresh carrots!!!). Only got three portions but good enough.
I WILL get this hat done!!!

HOM that's a lot!!! And glad the cats didn't get stung!!! Good that you got a visit too xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1161 on: October 25, 2023, 07:44:03 AM »
HoM, omg how scary! I'm glad your cats are okay. One time, my dog caught a wasp in his mouth and was stung. We had to rush him to the emergency vet because his face was all swollen and we were afraid he couldn't breathe. They gave him an antihistamine injection and he was fine. We kept Benedryl on hand ever since incase it happened again. We used it a few times after he was stung by fire ants but thankfully he never tried to eat a wasp again.

Today I'm still working on my swap pony. I think I can get it done in another couple of days :)

Laundry needs to be done. I have to wash my towels and some clothes.

I'm running out of things to eat. My EBT kicks in on the 27th, so only a couple of days wait. I'm craving breakfast! Waffles, eggs, hash browns, orange juice :dribble:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 26, 2023, 02:19:41 PM »
BC roll on your food money!!!

I GOT THE HAT DONE!!!  :accomplished: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
So I took the bag of stuff to the pick-up point & they were having a meeting there, with snacks & some old pals, one of whom I hadn't seen in so long she hasn't yet met Bakana!!! So I stuck round for a bit for both the snacks & the pals.
I also got a quick visit to assess how easy or not it will be to get the new walls into my home & the old ones out when they redo my bathroom. The verdict seems to be not very but they will try their best. They'll pop round again tomorrow morning to have a go. I still have a few last-minute things to shift but they will shift & the folks know this. I'm going to have a good wash-down & hair wash at the weekend, so after that the jug, current shampoo, & conditioner can shift, while the last towels go in the laundry & I remove the final towel hook, then on Tuesday I shift the last cabinet, the toilet seat, the roll of tissue, & the few bits I still have in there to go. Most of them will go in the downstairs facility, except the seat which I'll store away. I even switched round a couple of light shades so the one most likely to be in the way is plastic & not glass (glass where it could be bumped can break & nobody wants that). I may even totally remove the bulb & shade from that light as I hardly use it...

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1163 on: October 29, 2023, 09:26:36 AM »
The bathroom redo sounds exciting PBW :)

it's rainy again today. there's a cold front coming through today so we're having our first really cold weather of the fall season. Fall is central Texas can be cold or hot. you never know until it's here.

it's perfect weather to stay inside and cook some soup.

i wanted to get out of the house this weekend but it's too rainy. we've been trying to plan a fun weekend out of the house for a month and every weekend it's something. festivals, sickness, now weather...
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 29, 2023, 11:00:40 AM »
Taking a break from hardcore crochet & back to wee bits in between knitting more Pony jumpers. I found some lovely yarns which seem to go great wi some of the clothes I already have for Ponies. One in particular goes wonderfully with the Berry Picking outfit so I'm making a few in that. I'm also slowly working on blankets.
Today I need to wash down & wash my hair, then shift all the stuff associated wi that out of the bathroom, so then only a few wee bits will remain for moving out on Tuesday. It's deffo all go, they even tested to see if they could move a big sheet of wall!!!

Beth cheers!!! And home-made soup is yummy!!!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1165 on: October 29, 2023, 11:19:54 AM »
I can't believe it's already 2pm. I've done... nothing. But I still need to do laundry and I want to shave my head and take a shower.

Spoiler
I got my period -_-
So I'll be miserable for at least a week.

Other than that stuff. I should clean the litter boxes... do that before I shower. Got some dishes to wash and boxes to break down.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1166 on: October 30, 2023, 02:00:05 AM »
I'm waiting for my husband to wake up so we can take our bikes to the bike store and get them geared up with winter tires. I have some washing to do as well, bedlinnen and all our towels. I need to buy more honey. My huge bucket that would've last for years is empty now :(.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 31, 2023, 06:38:44 PM »
BC bummer!!!
Beldarna hope you get more honey & your bikes sorted!!!

Me: got the last items out of the bathroom ready. All I need to do is wake up early tomorrow... & for every weekday of the next what, two weeks??? I think. Yet I'm still up after midnight!!!
A bit more knitting & crocheting, & a lot of Youtube.
And I made coffee & got messages.

ETA: it has begun. They isolated the water & electricity from the bathroom, & the joiners are due soon... Bit messy but free screws & I never say no to free screws
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 02:44:13 AM by Ponybookworm »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1168 on: November 01, 2023, 08:29:06 AM »
PBW, how exciting! New bathroom :cheer:

I'm still working on my late swap pony. There was something I had to redo and it took longer than I thought.

I also need to clean the kitchen today, it's a mess.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 01, 2023, 11:55:37 AM »
Day 1: 99% of the walls & all the porcelain is gone. Just a few bits of wall to go, because it's behind pipes, & the heater is in the hallway waiting to be moved too (it's HEAVY & likely a 2-person job to lift). I helped out shifting things I could shift without gloves ie: no splintered walls

BC I hope it gets sorted well!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal