collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 76290 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1170 on: November 01, 2023, 07:05:03 PM »
Ponybookworm, Yay, a new bathroom!  :frolic:

---

On Wednesday afternoon, I was able to shovel snow after a long time! :) Surprisingly heavy work! I was completely sweaty and tired after that chore.  :whew: Rain and warmer temperatures have been promised for the weekend, so the snow will melt, but at least I got to enjoy it for a while. :heart:

I moved the summer tires to storage. We didn't have to buy new winter tires yet, the car still has the same old ones. Yay, money was saved this time!  :yippee:

I also put up the first Christmas lights in the sauna building. :heart:

:zzz:

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 02, 2023, 05:55:15 AM »
HOM snow shovelling sounds great!!! Hope there was a hot choc & soup waiting for you afterwards!!!

Day 2: the last wall is gone & the piping is all replaced. The waste pipe lets out a smell I don't think I like... Meanwhile all the needed cables are going in. They're connected to the upstairs lights rather than sockets so I'm typing this in the dark...
I wonder when they'll sort my ceiling...
Got a little knitting done.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1172 on: November 02, 2023, 06:59:41 AM »
I never enjoyed shoveling snow but I liked jumping in the piles :P

I need to clean the kitchen (I think I said that before). I keep getting distracted. But there are fruit flies around and I don't want them breeding in my food mess on the counter. I also need to wash the dishes in the sink, it's just a plate a pan and the splatter guard but they've been sitting there for like a week. I'm a terrible housekeeper :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1173 on: November 02, 2023, 08:35:09 AM »
i never lived anywhere i needed to shovel snow. the closest I came to shoveling snow is sweeping it off my back porch after the 2021 snowstorm. i don't have clothing that wouldn't be immediately soaked if i tried to jump in a pile of snow so i didn't do that.

lots of calls today for work. I also need to bug some people to pay me for side work. not fun :(

I also need to take down the outdoor Halloween decorations and clean the inside of the house.  I'm excited to start putting the Christmas decorations up. i tend to get really into holidays early in the season and then my enthusiasm fizzles out.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 03, 2023, 10:27:47 AM »
Work, dinner with bro, playing new WarioWare game  :biggrin: TGIF
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 03, 2023, 02:11:33 PM »
It's all gone quiet, said Roobarb
Too quiet, said Custard
I agree, so texted the site manager. He said the joiners got dragged into another job... but will return on Monday. I said sure, but the ceiling needs to GO!!! It's literally the reason I agreed to teh whole redo in the first place; the bit below the skylight leaks woodlice & they fall into the bath!!! I need that sorted ASAP, & since all the old fittings are out, even the light, then now is the ideal time to do it.
Went out for another coffee day, this time with fruit!!! It's meant to be for mothers & pre-school children, but I've not been turned away yet. Plus it's a good time to relax.
A couple of packages arrived & that was the only time my door got knocked on, aside from the council lady, who I told: nothing happened, but they'll be back at it on Monday. She confirms my ceiling was a hot topic... GOOD!!!
Also did a bit more crocheting, & got my dishes done!!! But I accidentally snapped a fave bowl in half. I was using it as a small mixing bowl...

Shockponie, sounds great!!!
Beth oh no!!! I hate chasing down folks who owe me almost as much as you!!! Like, when I owe somebody it bugs me to hell until the money's paid.
BC I hope you get your stuff done & those flies gone!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1176 on: November 04, 2023, 04:32:34 AM »
It's half past noon and I've slept all the morning away. I manage to sleep an entire night without waking up coughing but my body is still tired. Now it feels like I've slept too much and walking through a vacuum. I feek like reading today. Gonna eat some lunch and feed the cats and play with them some.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1177 on: November 04, 2023, 05:50:55 AM »
I didn't get a lot of sleep. I'll probably crash this afternoon. I have a Zoom appointment with my psychiatrist at 2pm today. Still working on my swap pony. Still need to do some things in the kitchen. I'd like to take a shower but it's too cold.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 04, 2023, 12:19:07 PM »
I crashed out!!! Of course I did, waking up early for 3 days straight does that to me... Morning person I am NOT!!!
Quiet day as normal, just using the downstairs facility when I need to go.

BC I hope you get your crash-out too xxx
Beldarna you need the long sleeps too, to recover from your illness... Keep treating that cough xxx

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1179 on: November 05, 2023, 11:38:01 AM »
PBW, i hope they get back to your bathroom reno quickly :)

my client paid promptly which was a pleasant surprise. i hadn't invoiced yet because i wasn't sure if there was anything they wanted me to adjust on the website.

today more cleaning. i also need to run a few errands. the weekends aren't long enough. I need to take a couple of days off but with the holidays coming up i don't know if i'll be able to.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 05, 2023, 03:39:43 PM »
Took my dad to birthday lunch. In the afternoon I was trimming back plants that were zapped dead by the recent freeze.  Then I went for a walk before dark.  I’ve lost five pounds.  Not much yet but I need to keep active and not backslide.

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 05, 2023, 10:54:33 PM »
I'm glued to the phone today. Gonna call the Health Care center the minute they open up. I need an appointment! Hopefully if I get through I'll get an emergency appointment today and that means riding a bus. Woohoo!

Other than that, calling the vet, calling in sick to work, getting some good sleep as I slept horribly having anxiety over the phone calls I have to make.. I've been binge watching Supernatural. Still don't get the hype but I can't find anything else to watch but I guess that's what I will do :)

Ponybookworm, thank you. I'm so sick of being sick. It's been going on for so long now :(.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1182 on: November 05, 2023, 11:57:11 PM »
I have a bunch of phone calls to make too. I dislike having to talk on the phone, unless it's my mom. I need to call the lab and see if I need to do anything special before I go in for bloodwork. I need to make an appointment with the neurologist for my back. I need to make one with the pulmonologist.

I still haven't gotten to shower. I also need to get my mail or ask someone else to get it. I wanted to take Aster to the vet, she's overdo for her shots, but I had to pay the PC tech for fixing my computer and now I don't have enough.

I'm also thinking of parting with the rest of my ponies. I want to keep my Raincurl and Applejack armies and my childhood ponies. I think I can let the rest go.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 06, 2023, 12:29:51 AM »
I managed to get the calls done! :yippee: Gosh, I'm sweating like a moose in Sahara. I got an appointment today at the health care center, finally, in three hours. Simba has an appointment tomorrow morning at the vet. Work just said okay, call us if anything changes. I have to dig out our face masks.
Just realised we get our new mattrasses to our bed this afternoon as well. Question is if I have the energy to change them. Oh, well.

I feel so sad when people say they're parting with their collection. But if you feel you can, do it :hug:. And good luck with the calls! I had to google pulmonologist, I hope everything is okay?

Online Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 06, 2023, 01:53:40 AM »
BC I hope things improve for you xxx
Beldarna congrats on making the calls!!! And make sure you get to that appointment xxx
Gator I'm sure that lunch was good xxx
Beth cheers!!! And yaiy on quick payments!!!

Yesterday was nice & quiet. Just knitting & stuff.
Today the joiners are back & I told them explicitly the bit of ceiling which most needs to go!!! I hope they sort it!!!
Keeping out of their way now...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal