collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 71900 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1110 on: October 01, 2023, 11:09:45 PM »
I'm gonna visit my grandpa today. It's been too long and I feel a bit bad for it so I'm gonna make up for it with taking lots of good fika with me :).

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1111 on: October 02, 2023, 06:55:39 AM »
I'm working on my swap pony today. My thumb is sore where I cut it, but I think I can manage.

A game I've had my eye on came out today. I bought it and can't wait to play! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 03, 2023, 09:40:16 AM »
BC you can do it!!!
Beldarna that sounds lovely, enjoy xxx

Made it to coffee!!! Found a thing I never use so it went to the table there, & found another thingy I CAN use (a ceramic oven dish which fits in my air fryer!!!). Saw my coffee pal who I haven't seen in ages!!! The shop I earmarked for the RAMC set ran out so I got a set on eBay instead. Also invested in more bandannas from PKW, as well as a few other Etsy bits (3D printed stuff from somebody I know on a server, I like to get small animals & stuff for Pony pets). I got my messages too.
Crochet-wise I need to up my scarf game. I finished the first ball of granny blanket yarn & started the second (it's getting big, but can wait while I work on scarves & stuff for Blythswood). My plushie whale arrived & it's just as it should be.
It's getting colder... I don't want to put my heater on yet...
I also found a tractor I was adapting to Ponies & finished the adaptation. The clay is still raw but it works & Pepper Jack fits in it. May sand down & paint the clay work at some point. I see sanding blocks available. I think I'd like one, especially one which can get inside stuff!!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 09:42:46 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1113 on: October 04, 2023, 12:40:44 PM »
Sounds like you were busy yesterday! :)

I am in a lot of pain today. I was yesterday too later on. It's my hips and knee, and my lower back. So I am taking it easy. I took my pain meds but they aren't helping.

I bought some food I've wanted to try. I've got Kombucha and Kimchi. Drinking the Kombucha now. It's not bad, tastes like vinegar. Luckily, I like vinegar. I put malt vinegar on my fish except salmon. I also like pickle juice :P I've wanted to try kimchi for a while. I'll probably like that too. One reason I decided to get these now is because I'm trying to repopulate my gut bacteria after those antibiotics. Been eating yogurt everyday and taking a probiotic pill. The kombucha and kimchi will help too.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 04, 2023, 08:31:41 PM »
I was!!! Anyway more stuff arrived: latest bandannas from PKW  :frolic: :frolic: :frolic: & Scarlet O'Hara  :yikes: :sad: :stressed:
Meanwhile in hardcore scarf crochet mode, & the bathroom is due its work the week after my kitchen!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!
Included in my messages were some veggie sausages so I had them wi mashed potato & sweetcorn. They were yummy & I'll get again!!!

BC yep you take it easy & take what meds you have xxx Enjoy the food!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 04, 2023, 10:39:14 PM »
I have one of those fun workdays today, same as I had saturday/sunday. Came to the hotell about 8 pm yesterday. Woke up way too early this morning, finnished my breakfast right after 7 am. Now I have the whole day in this town until my workshift starts at 3pm. Gotta be out from the hotell at noon. Luckily it looks to be a sunny day so I can take a long walk and sit for a while at the harbor :).
I'm gonna be home at 7 pm tonight. This is not even my regular shift, I had another one today but they called me yesterday as I was on my way home from work to ask if I could take this one instead and I said ok. So I get this on overtime. I also wont be getting 11 hours rest between shifts tonight as I begin 3.30 am tomorrow so I'll get a chunk of more excuse money for that as well :biggrin:.

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 05, 2023, 02:33:50 PM »
Traveling for work sounds fun! I normally work in a cubicle farm, but I like when I get to go on site.

After work I’m going dolly hunting, buying some vitamins, picking up my held books at the library, and writing a letter for a Halloween horror story swap I’ve joined. Then I hope to make something decent for dinner while I watch a bit of Animation Domination. We’ll see how much I accomplish!
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 06, 2023, 09:16:52 AM »
I'm a traindattendant/conductor so traveling is my job :) . Staying away over night is fun the first few times, then it gets routine. Like even with a full breakfast buffet I always get the same thing nowadays. My coworkers with kids appreciate it more I think as they get to take a break from family life and get some well deserved me-time. I only have my husband and our cats so it's not the same. I have plenty of me-time at home and get more restricted at the hotel.

Today I'm in zombie mode. Getting up at 2:45am after coming home at 7 the night before was tough. Even after a two hour long nap midday I feel exhausted. The first episode of the new season of our favorite reality tv show started wednesday so we watched it while ating take out for lunch. I've been diamond painting for two hours while listening to a podcast and all I want to do is go to bed. Is it too early to go to sleep at 6pm? lol

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1118 on: October 06, 2023, 09:59:29 AM »
I tried the Kimchi yesterday :) It's good, it's got a little heat but it's not too bad. I thought it would taste like sauerkraut but it doesn't. The cabbage is very crunchy, which I like.

I'm going to work on my swap pony today and do some chores around the house. Gotta clean the litter boxes, gather some garbage and break down some boxes.

I have a couple packages arriving today :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 06, 2023, 10:07:03 AM »
I love kimchi! I especially love it with the Korean soy sauce marinated eggs. I’ve dabbled in kombucha. I usually like it too; it’s like you said BC: vinegar-y, so I don’t mind it. Not long ago I watched a Good Mythical Morning ep on YT wherein they tried “every” flavor of GT’s booch. Kinda amusing. I like the fruity ones most.

Today after work, I’m going to the dollar store to get a couple items, then trying to relax before my crazy-busy weekend.  :freak:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 06, 2023, 12:44:54 PM »
Beldarna, go to sleep when you have plenty of time to do so & are tired. Better than running on next to no sleep!!!
Shockponie hope you find what you want!!!
BC fun food!!! And PACKAGES!!!

Finished scarf 3 & started another. The RAMC set arrived today yaiy!!! Spent the last of my fun budget on a MLP hoodie blanket from Oodie, because I wear my sharky one regularly enough that I need a second for when it's in the wash. The Oodie also have sleep tees & I have eyes on the MLP one...
I also ordered in stuff to make a few playpens in colours Hasbro never made so I can have more of those. There are little poles they use for guard-rails & blank wooden coasters & I can see myself using a coaster as a base & the poles as the sides. I just need more glue. Fortunately these were cheap!!!
I cleared off the top of the fridge-freezer & sorted my MLP lunch boxes of baits & fakies out, so that's a little more shifted out of the kitchen. I still need the paints because of my highchairs & upcoming playpens, but getting there bit by bit...
I need to get dishes done, some piccies taken, & more packed up...

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 07, 2023, 08:12:41 AM »
Thanks Ponybookworm, I managed to stay awake til 10 pm and then I slept really well.

Today I went with a couple of coworkers to check out three trainbridges that goes over a river and lies right next to each other. The first one was built in steel 1891. 1919 it was replaced by the bridge next to it which was built in concrete. The third bridge replaced the second one 1995. It is beautiful nature surrounding them. One of the train drivers is a licensed tour guide so she gave us a real tour which was such a treat. We finnished by lighting a fire and grill some sausages and fika. Unfortunaly it was really cold and windy so we left soon after. But I had a really good time :).

Now I'm sitting by the computer with my elbows on my diamond painting and check the web. I just read about Hamas bombing of Israel. Horrible.. so a little mlp to lighten up the mood. A lit candle, a cup of tea and soft music. I'm freezing a lot still so I'm covered in a shawl and blankets. Not gonna do much more today.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1122 on: October 07, 2023, 09:00:28 AM »
I feel a little better than yesterday, still feel bad though. I really want to visit my mom but I wouldn't make the walk. Why haven't teleporters been invented yet?! :mad:

I didn't get all the chores done yesterday so I'm working on that today. Also my swap pony.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 08, 2023, 05:26:48 AM »
Beldarna that sounds like a lovely outing!!!
BC get well soon!!! And hope things go well wi Pony xxx

Each of my scarves takes 3 balls of yarn so I can rate my progress on that. I made it through one ball yesterday which is great!!!
Also great: clearing off the top of the cooker (& cleaning it), clearing off the top of the cabinet between it & the fridge-freezer, & clearing off 2/3 of the top of my side cupboards!!!
No piccies taken as phone needed charged AGAIN.
Started painting highchairs. I really want my projects done, or at least done enough to store somewhere!!!
More importantly, I need stuff shifted!!! And that means the last third of the side cabinets & one more cabinet sorted too!!!
And let's see if I can get piccies today...
At least I did dishes, including some stuff I don't need which can walk on Tuesday or ditch at some point. It's queued up waiting!!!

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1124 on: October 08, 2023, 07:15:34 AM »
today i have a lot of chores to do. it's cool outside so i don't really have an excuse for not putting up the Halloween lights around the front door. i also need to change out the lights by the garage with the purple bulbs. it's a pain because i'll need to unscrew the fixtures and i have to take out the ladder.

i also need to run the carpet cleaner in the bedroom. if i do it i need to do it soon because the carpet will need time to dry.

i also still need to put up a shelf in the guest bathroom and clean the floor and vanity.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal