collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which of these usually hated gimmicks of G1 MLP do you like the best?

Dance 'n Prance Ponies
10 (12.8%)
Perfume Puff Ponies
26 (33.3%)
Beddy Bye Eye Baby Ponies
9 (11.5%)
Sweetheart Sister Ponies
31 (39.7%)
Soft Sleepy Newborn Baby Ponies
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Voting closed: February 28, 2021, 09:25:59 PM

Author Topic: The Best 'Worst' Type of G1 Ponies  (Read 3343 times)

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Best 'Worst' Type of G1 Ponies
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 05:29:17 AM »
I don't understand why anyone would dislike Sweetheart Sisters, I always thought they were beautiful.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2021, 06:15:15 AM »
I don't understand why anyone would dislike Sweetheart Sisters, I always thought they were beautiful.

My thoughts exactly, they are so elegant and beautiful.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 07:30:07 AM »
Yeah, they're one of my favorite molds. They're so elegant and sweet looking.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2021, 01:20:43 PM »
I like all of them besides bbe and the soft sleepy newborns (my wallet is thankful I don't want to collect those newborns haha). I always giveaway or sell bbe when I get them, and boy do I find alot of them

I like the perfume puff and SHS especially, I like the diversity in the hair and body shape. Perfume puff are really cute, lovely colors, and if you gently brush them with a slicker brush (a type of brush for pets) the hair becomes nicely fluffy

DnP are fine, perhaps they should have made the knob the center of a necklace or garland to make it a little less jarring. It doesn't really bother me though

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2021, 02:56:07 PM »
I honestly adore BBE babies. I think their spooky little doll eyes are 100% legitimately the coolest thing ever. Especially when they start to rust over a little bit. Feels very 80s goth to me.

I found my first g1s second hand when I was about 10 (2005 ish) and one of them was BBE Baby Sundance with 1 rusty eye. My mum wasn't particularly pleased by how much I loved it  :silly:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2021, 07:50:36 AM »
DnP are fine, perhaps they should have made the knob the center of a necklace or garland to make it a little less jarring. It doesn't really bother me though

This would've been great! I like DnPs but I really do wonder who thought the knob looked good. ^^;

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2021, 10:12:04 AM »

This would've been great! I like DnPs but I really do wonder who thought the knob looked good. ^^;

Well, they could have always developed on the BnG head turning and made it the entire head...going round and round and round and then ....spin goes the tail!!

...Can you imagine the parents' response, especially if the head also 'danced' back around...

Sorry. I've had too much chocolate today.

On the subject of the SHS, I remember when they came out that I thought they were a bit...strange? I was..eight I think. But I didn't dislike them. They were marketed here as 'grown up' My Little Ponies, and so for some reason I thought that made them teenagers, even though they were obviously adults and I'd been making Tropical Breeze the defacto teen in my baby pony collection up till that point.

I had Starflash for Christmas and I loved her basically the moment I saw her. The whole glittery and elegant and the earring...just won me over completely. I remember my sister and I went out after CHristmas with our Christmas money and I came home with Wild Flower and she with Spring Song. And I remember really loving their pretty ribbons as well.

The UK only had those 2 sets, and only 4 of the first set, so 8 total. And I don't remember seeing them in stores again after that winter.

I don't like how they look on the backcards, though. Here they were in boxes, and I think the Prom Queens also look nicer in their really special boxes than they would on card. It just shows off the elegance better somehow when they're not stuck in a blister.

Spoiler

BUT all that said, I would still have bought a perfume puff if I could. I never saw them in stores, though, ever. >< The first time I ever saw one was a carboot find by my sister, and we were a bit weirded out by her xD.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 10:18:12 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2021, 10:26:22 AM »

Well, they could have always developed on the BnG head turning and made it the entire head...going round and round and round and then ....spin goes the tail!!

...Can you imagine the parents' response, especially if the head also 'danced' back around...

Sorry. I've had too much chocolate today.

On the subject of the SHS, I remember when they came out that I thought they were a bit...strange? I was..eight I think. But I didn't dislike them. They were marketed here as 'grown up' My Little Ponies, and so for some reason I thought that made them teenagers, even though they were obviously adults and I'd been making Tropical Breeze the defacto teen in my baby pony collection up till that point.

I had Starflash for Christmas and I loved her basically the moment I saw her. The whole glittery and elegant and the earring...just won me over completely. I remember my sister and I went out after CHristmas with our Christmas money and I came home with Wild Flower and she with Spring Song. And I remember really loving their pretty ribbons as well.

The UK only had those 2 sets, and only 4 of the first set, so 8 total. And I don't remember seeing them in stores again after that winter.

I don't like how they look on the backcards, though. Here they were in boxes, and I think the Prom Queens also look nicer in their really special boxes than they would on card. It just shows off the elegance better somehow when they're not stuck in a blister.

Spoiler

BUT all that said, I would still have bought a perfume puff if I could. I never saw them in stores, though, ever. >< The first time I ever saw one was a carboot find by my sister, and we were a bit weirded out by her xD.

:lmao: The heads and tails spinning simultaneously would be hilarious!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal