collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who or what has brought you to the darkside  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Who or what has brought you to the darkside
« on: December 31, 2016, 09:58:08 AM »
Here is what I mean.

I had a huge collection in 2012. I got the gotta catch them all obsession. 2013 I had a big move sold a lot. 2016 I am building up my collection. But this time I am going modest and keeping my desire minimal. I was doing well....

Then I did a a few trades and private swaps...I only wanted pony wear that I owned as a kid....nope the mentioned events each gave me random pony wear. Now I want....or need to get all pony wear I can...the fall to the darks idea.

I am also going to the new start wars movie if you can't tell:p
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who or what has brought you to the darkside
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 10:24:39 AM »
It started in 2010 for me, if I remember correctly. The G4 show was nearly halfway through the first season and the whole 'brony' thing was something that I kept seeing while browsing online. Was never much of a My Little Pony girl... but I wanted to see what all the hype was about and watched a few episodes and actually sort of liked it!?

I found out about the toys and originally only wanted to get just get two of my favorite ponies... then everything kind of went downhill from there, I guess.   >_<

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 10:36:07 AM »
I would say that it was when I got my first pony back in 2010 (I think) my parents got me a G4 my little pony for easter (Twilight and Rainbow) and from then I have collected ponies. I'm not really sure why I got the toys for easter, I had just started to watch the show, but I asked for a pony anyway. Ever since then I have been hunting and collecting ponies, and now I have starting collecting g1s, because I just need something else to collect  -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 10:36:42 AM »
I had one pony when I was a little, but my collection started in 2010 when FiM started airing. I liked it so much that I started collecting all generations of pony!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 10:55:05 AM »
These stories are great:) I don't feel so alone.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »
That's a good question, because I don't have the faintest ideas.

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 11:13:30 AM »
I brought myself to the dark side XD

I had G2's when I was a little girl, and I still have some to this day, but I don't actively collect them. G4's, however, are a different story! :lol:  I, like so many others, watched the show, enjoyed it, and wanted the mane six toys... Then I wanted the Princesses... then I wanted all the show characters... and THEN I wanted them all :lmao:  I'm very close to reaching that goal, too. Just a few more ponies to go

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 11:24:26 AM »
Yeah I believe I brought myself to the dark side too. When I first joined here, I remember telling my mom on the phone that the only pony I wanted was the baby Celebrations I lost when I was a kid and that was it. That was pretty funny lol. I have a lot more ponies now. As the show and G4 line went along, ponies kept coming out that I saw and wanted because I liked the design/character as a whole.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

lostpony

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 02:12:32 PM »
A little over a year ago, all I wanted was G4 Rainbow Dash.  Then I added mroe of the 6 to buy and then came here and found out G1 is addictive and I've been on a see-pony diet since.  I see it, I want it.  I don't want them all....just all that I see, haha.  Not just one either...once I really like a pony I buy it over and over.

I have no interest in selling any but I do love to give them away...it's hard to give away a pony I have though, so I have to buy another one to give away...

applejackbunny gave me a Sorbet as a special gift and made me love that pony....so I kept my eye open and bought another one, and when trawling a member's eBay listings to put together a deal I came across her listing for "two sherbets" and so of course I bought them.  I don't need two more sherbets, or even rationally understand why you'd list "two sherbets" but it seemed the listing was perfect and just for me. 

Makaroni_the_pony

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 02:53:18 PM »
So originally I just picked up G4s and G3s at the thrift store to customize or restore, and so my family started sending me some ponies too. Well, one of the ponies I got was from my mom and it was a G3 Butterscotch, and I found her way too cute to get rid of or customize, so instead I put her on my shelf, and the rest is history

lostpony

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 03:02:54 PM »
No matter how you slice it, it's a slippery slope to the dark side

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 03:24:46 PM »
Well I initially just wanted to replace my childhood G1s but apparently it didn't stop there - I stumbled upon too many lovely ponies that took my fancy. :P

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 03:49:34 PM »
I also brought myself to the dark side. lso just wanted to replace my childhood ponies that I lost. Then I bought more and more of different gens first g3 and g1 then its g4 added to the mix. I think its like I have a disease everything pony I want. ><: I keep telling myself to take it more slow but I hasn't happened yet.

Offline Icicle

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Come on everypony, smile, smile, smile~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »
G4 back about when the "brony" crazy first hit. Didn't wanna give in because "Ew some nasty image site cult following" but I caved on a Rainbow Dash. Then it was "Ew G1s aren't cute... but I like this Sweetheart Sister thing" got Flower Dream. Then I got Flutterbye and started to stop caring about G4 and focused on G1.

Then I got into Monster High and largely pushed ponies aside. Then just stopped collecting all together roughly in 2014. This year I found Locket (and a few other G1s) at a used toy/game shop. And now I'm deep back into G1s again, lol. So really. Flutterbye and Locket caused this.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 04:51:23 PM »
I had a few G1 ponies when I was little (Wind Whistler, Raincurl, Glory and Sundance) but I was never really into ponies then - I was more of a Barbie girl.

Flash forward to 2006, when my best friend gave me a g3-themed MLP birthday present, which included Merriweather.  I thought Merriweather needed a friend, so we went to TRU and I bought Silver Glow.  That's essentially what started it.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal