collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who or what has brought you to the darkside  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Who or what has brought you to the darkside
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 05:07:57 PM »
I blame the carboot sales.

I mean, when you get a new old pony - or several - literally EVERY sunday in the spring/summer, of course you'll get re-hooked...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 05:39:01 PM »
For some reason, one day Gusty popped into my mind and I decided I wanted to hold a pony in my hand again. Wind Whistler was the first one I found however and Gusty came a bit later within the first ten or so.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 05:45:25 PM »
I would love car boot sales:) these stories are awesome.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 05:58:17 PM »
I would love car boot sales:) these stories are awesome.

Well, they're not like that any more - although still sometimes find G3 and occasionally a G4. But back in the middle 1990s they were an amazing treasure trove of G1 stuff.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 07:29:21 PM »
I got G3 Starcatcher for my birthday at about age 5, followed by Wind Whistler and the Blossomforth/Spring Fever value pack later that same day and was hooked! I found Dream Valley and I was amazed, as I'd had no idea about previous Gens and then never really stopped trying to obtain them all... My collecting may have slowed at times but I never stopped liking ponies! It's also worth saying that this new year I'll be 20, so I've been collecting for around 15 years! :blink:
I finally found my grail! :heart:

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2016, 10:54:30 PM »
It started with this.. (1989)

and continued trough G2's.  :fox:

I have pauses in collecting, but I kinda never stopped. xD
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 09:14:52 PM by hilamb »

Thank you :heart:

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 04:48:44 AM »
My first g3 was a g3 cinnamon breeze someone had thrown away. Never had a pony growing up, so when i saw her i fell in love and cleaned her up good. Then i didnt collect until g4 came out and i fell in love with the series, and the rest is history
:happy:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 12:52:20 PM »
I've been here since ponytime began    :shy:

First pony was Cotton Candy followed swiftly by Bow Tie :lovey:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 01:02:15 PM »
The brony fandom and the Arena i'd say.Joined it and became a fan of g4 while hating all the older gens and the toys,then bought 1 g4 brushable because "they aren't that bad".Then i needed the entire mane 6.Then i needed more and more g4s.Then i came here and fell in love with the other generations.

Offline lolaandbean

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »
The 20th anniversary sets. Bought them. Found my childhood ponies. All down hill from there. I've had my collection packed up for the last year or so. Now I'm looking for a certain fakie. Accidentally bought 10 ponies in the process of looking.

lostpony

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 01:30:01 PM »
Gingerbread I love cotton candy!  and gingerbread too.

Jorgito93 I know what you mean...in the 80s I thought my little ponies were weird looking, their little almost-horsey but smiling features...then got hooked on G4 and thanks to people on the Arena quickly came to love previous gens even g3.5, I just scrubbed up my 3 g3.5s found in the wild last night and they are looking nice now.

lolaandbean it's great to see love even for fakies...I love some of them too...hope you find your one! and mmm childhood ponies.

piinkypiie my first mlp was from the trash too...G3 pinky pie! found just before getting into g4 and thought she was a fakie when I got into G4 then found out she is real.  Though I did find 2 McD G4 Rainbow Dashes back in 2010 and thought they were cute, had them a short while before losing them so maybe that's my first but G3 Pinky is the first I still have.

(hope nopony minds me responding extra here)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 01:33:07 PM by lostpony »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »
Gingerbread I love cotton candy!  and gingerbread too.

I still love her, I have a mini-army (about ten) consisting of originals and rehairs :lovey: And Gingerbread is funnily enough my fave, no idea how many I have, lots of customs too. Not as many as some people's armies but I have a twinkle-eye army of about 50 ponies. Again not huge compared to some standards but I love them :inlove:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

lostpony

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 02:37:39 PM »
Twinkle Eye ponies are another acquired taste:  the first one I got in one of my early eBay pony lots, Masquerade, wasn't something I liked at all, and I promised her to a friend with replaced zirconia eye gems but by the time I got the gems installed I fell in love and couldn't part with her so I had to buy another Masquerade to give to my friend.

I have three Gingerbreads, one has age spots, the other has overall brown darkening and the third is in good shape and I love them all condition problems or not.  I have a growing collection of Twinkle eyes too as I want to eventually replace all their gems with zirconias, topaz etc of the right color and eventually must buy Mimic to complete my first pony set.

The burdens of pony addiction :happy:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2017, 03:36:33 PM »
For me that was finding my childhood ponies in the attic, and moving them to my new home.

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2017, 04:12:18 PM »
I was collecting things since I was a kid. First there were easy to get cheap or free things: rocks, bottle caps etc. In my kindergarten years I watched The Lion King and absolutely fell in love with it so I collected TLK stuff all the way through school and I have a huge collection. I would buy TLK stuff even now but there is none in my country except coloring books and I got more than a hundred I think. I also collected Cheetos pogs in school. I still have my Ice Age 3 collection and I want to complete it!  :biggrin: In 2010 I got into ponies and as I always do I bought everything that was in stores. Of course I had G3 before that but all I did was sadistically cut their hair into mohawks and drawing on them. I hope to find them one day and restore them. Last few months I've been collecting like crazy, I want ALL the ponies!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal